Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Biggest Issue Facing Miami Mike Sherman

1. -11
    Winner Under Construction

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    You're right, that could have happened. However, taking a step back, without Sherman lobbying for a son in law who had no track record either qb'ing in the NFL or coaching it at any level, why would Philbin, out of the entire universe of QB coaches and cerebral players like Pennington from which to select, specifically want a tight end coach from an also-ran NCAA program to mold the QB he'll be hitching his career wagon to?? Remember, he went through the motions with Matt Flynn, so Joe had to be likely aware that his fledgling career would be rising or falling with his designated guy under center.
    Exactly. Why would he? We don't know. But I'll bet you there are some very compelling reasons. At least, they are compelling to Philbin.
    The superior man blames himself. The inferior man blames others.

- Don Shula

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyB View Post
    The offense producing this little, is a red flag. Tannehill developing very slowly, is a red flag.

I'm not sure he's developing slowly but that's a topic for another thread. To be honest, he looks like he's developing faster than players like Jake Locker, Colin Kaepernick, Robert Griffin, and yes, even Cam Newton (IMO).

I'm not saying the QB coaching is good or bad, but I am suggesting that we just don't know how well he's being coached.
    God bless, I'll hang up and listen.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bring back Gary Stevens to be OC. He was pretty good but he also had Dan.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southern Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Sherman should step aside and let Ken O'Keefe become the Offense Coordinator. I feel that O'Keefe could do a great job as the coordinator (didn't think about it until I read the article), he was the coordinator for Iowa, no they didn't win a National Championship, but they were always a solid team offensively while he was there.

I don't think we get rid of Sherman all together, he would be an excellent GM for us, he knows the system which would allow him to select the best type of players for the offense. He still knows some of the college players coming out, since he is only 2 years removed from the college ranks. He was a decent GM/Head Coach in Green Bay, I think his down fall is in coaching and not in getting the right players for the system. He couldn't do any worse than Mr. Ireland, just saying.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Finheaven.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm sorry but that linked article was terrible. Why does everyone with a keyboard think they are an online expert? I agree Sherman needs to go, but it's much more complex than cadence. Blaming cadence is like blaming the structural integrity of the twin towers as to the reason they fell.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
    I'm sorry but that linked article was terrible. Why does everyone with a keyboard think they are an online expert? I agree Sherman needs to go, but it's much more complex than cadence. Blaming cadence is like blaming the structural integrity of the twin towers as to the reason they fell.
    The point is also moot, they obviously changed things up with the cadence in the last two games. He should criticize how long it took them to change
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Santa Paws is Coming to Town

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We don't have a single "biggest issue." We have many.
    Jim

"A criminal is a person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."

The Evolution of the Tannehill Booster

First Stage: Tannehill is going to be a star in this league.
    Second Stage: Tannehill is better than RGIII, Wilson, etc.
    Third Stage: Tannehill is better than some other AFC East quarterback except Tom Brady.
    Fourth Stage: Tannehill isn't the only problem on the team.

Not even their mothers can tell them apart.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    I'm not sure he's developing slowly but that's a topic for another thread. To be honest, he looks like he's developing faster than players like Jake Locker, Colin Kaepernick, Robert Griffin, and yes, even Cam Newton (IMO).

I'm not saying the QB coaching is good or bad, but I am suggesting that we just don't know how well he's being coached.
    I agree with this. What evidence is there that Tannehill isn't developing? I'm no expert but I have seen "experts" show examples that his technique is quite good even under pressure. The deep ball troubles to Wallace can be attributed as much to ridiculous play design as anything as CK pointed out in a recent bleacher report article. He has regressed in his pocket awareness but he's on pace for numbers we haven't seen from a QB since Marino.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The constant for the last 5 years of poor offense is Jeff Ireland. We have changed players and coaches. We actually had something good with B Marshall/R Bush but of course that was not allowed to continue.
    I would start by kicking him to the curb first.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    I agree with this. What evidence is there that Tannehill isn't developing? I'm no expert but I have seen "experts" show examples that his technique is quite good even under pressure. The deep ball troubles to Wallace can be attributed as much to ridiculous play design as anything as CK pointed out in a recent bleacher report article. He has regressed in his pocket awareness but he's on pace for numbers we haven't seen from a QB since Marino.
    Pennington.
    Quote Quote