It's obvious that the Dolphins will use free agency to fill some needs on the offensive line. Someone like a Brandon Alberts and maybe a serviceable starting caliber guard will be brought in prior to the draft IMO. So with that said, it also means Miami likely loses either Paul Solai or Randy Starks.
1. Louis Nix DT Notre Dame -- It's hard to say if Joe Philibin will be back next year or not so projecting at this point is pretty difficult. However, if the team does bring in someone like Brandon Alberts it lessons the need on the offensive line a bit. On the other hand, the DT position might become a bigger need if Starks or Solai leave. Nix is a similar talent to Vince Wilfork and would be a force in the middle for Miami. It could also allow the team to transition more to a 3-4 and better utilizing the talents of Jordan.
2. David Yankey G Stanford -- Yankey is a player who fits Philibin's mold on the offensive line. If Philibin is gone and someone like Bill Cowher is brought in, look for a more physical player like perhaps Gabe Jackson.
3. James Wilder Jr. RB Florida State -- I love his physical running style and think he would be a nice compliment to Lamar Miller.
3. trade up Seantrel Henderson OT Miami -- Henderson could go as early as R2, but might be there in the 3rd. He would fill Miami's need at RT and could be an eventual LT. Physical run blocker. (Dolphins give up 4 and 5 round picks to move back into the 3rd round).
6. Nickoe Whitley S Mississippi State -- Hard hitting safety adds depth.
7. Colt Lyerla TE formerly of Oregon -- After all that's gone down this year, Miami is probably less likely than other teams to gamble on a player with character issues. However, Lyerla's has talent and is less of a gamble at the end of the draft.