Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Mock

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

My First Mock

It's obvious that the Dolphins will use free agency to fill some needs on the offensive line. Someone like a Brandon Alberts and maybe a serviceable starting caliber guard will be brought in prior to the draft IMO. So with that said, it also means Miami likely loses either Paul Solai or Randy Starks.

1. Louis Nix DT Notre Dame -- It's hard to say if Joe Philibin will be back next year or not so projecting at this point is pretty difficult. However, if the team does bring in someone like Brandon Alberts it lessons the need on the offensive line a bit. On the other hand, the DT position might become a bigger need if Starks or Solai leave. Nix is a similar talent to Vince Wilfork and would be a force in the middle for Miami. It could also allow the team to transition more to a 3-4 and better utilizing the talents of Jordan.

2. David Yankey G Stanford -- Yankey is a player who fits Philibin's mold on the offensive line. If Philibin is gone and someone like Bill Cowher is brought in, look for a more physical player like perhaps Gabe Jackson.

3. James Wilder Jr. RB Florida State -- I love his physical running style and think he would be a nice compliment to Lamar Miller.

3. trade up Seantrel Henderson OT Miami -- Henderson could go as early as R2, but might be there in the 3rd. He would fill Miami's need at RT and could be an eventual LT. Physical run blocker. (Dolphins give up 4 and 5 round picks to move back into the 3rd round).

6. Nickoe Whitley S Mississippi State -- Hard hitting safety adds depth.

7. Colt Lyerla TE formerly of Oregon -- After all that's gone down this year, Miami is probably less likely than other teams to gamble on a player with character issues. However, Lyerla's has talent and is less of a gamble at the end of the draft.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice job. Nix would be a nice pick, or maybe Will Sutton, DT, out of Arizona State, maybe in round two. I like Lewan at LT from Michigan or Brandon Scherff, LT, Iowa who is probably as good as Lewan. Michigan and Iowa play this Saturday and I will be watching them. We definitely need to draft a couple O-lineman, and probably a DT depending on what happens with Soliai and Starks. Lyerla has the talent at TE, but you have to wonder what will happen with him with his off the field issues. I think he got arrested for cocaine possession a month ago? I like another player from Iowa, Tight End, C.J. Fiedorowicz.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd go with Amaro instead of nix and the rest is fine. Even if you take a flyer on Lyerla late, if it works you have two stud te, if not no big deal.
    Failure isn't fatal. Failure to change might be. - John Wooden
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry, if we draft a DT,when we clearly don't need one......I'll be pretty pissed. It HAS to be Oline or RB's in the first three rounds.

Starks will get his money somewhere else and Odrick and Shelby will insure we don't miss a beat. When your D-line is so stocked that the 3rd pick in the draft is not even seeing the field, you can't draft another d-lineman.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty P View Post
    Sorry, if we draft a DT,when we clearly don't need one......I'll be pretty pissed. It HAS to be Oline or RB's in the first three rounds.

Starks will get his money somewhere else and Odrick and Shelby will insure we don't miss a beat. When your D-line is so stocked that the 3rd pick in the draft is not even seeing the field, you can't draft another d-lineman.
    so you want to go full speed ahead with odrick and shelby????
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    Nice job. Nix would be a nice pick, or maybe Will Sutton, DT, out of Arizona State, maybe in round two. I like Lewan at LT from Michigan or Brandon Scherff, LT, Iowa who is probably as good as Lewan. Michigan and Iowa play this Saturday and I will be watching them. We definitely need to draft a couple O-lineman, and probably a DT depending on what happens with Soliai and Starks. Lyerla has the talent at TE, but you have to wonder what will happen with him with his off the field issues. I think he got arrested for cocaine possession a month ago? I like another player from Iowa, Tight End, C.J. Fiedorowicz.
    I like Sutton a lot and he would be a good replacement for Starks. I am a fan of Lewan as well. Honestly, so much will depend on free agency and if Philibin is kept around. I think Joe gets another year, but we'll see.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mudder1310 View Post
    I'd go with Amaro instead of nix and the rest is fine. Even if you take a flyer on Lyerla late, if it works you have two stud te, if not no big deal.
    It's been so long since Miami had a tight end who was a mismatch -- think Keith Jackson. Would love to get one and it's a possibility if the Dolphins are able to fill two starting spots on the offensive line prior to the draft. So you like Amaro over Ebron?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty P View Post

The one area that Jeff Ireland has done a great job with is the fact that he recognizes the value of having a strong and deep defensive line. If you look at the Patriots over the years, besides Tom Brady, they've always had a top 10 (sometimes top 5) defensive line. Miami needs to get a young stud at DT simply because it's unlikely both Starks and Solai will be kept, but also because both players are on the wrong side of 30.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    I like Sutton a lot and he would be a good replacement for Starks. I am a fan of Lewan as well. Honestly, so much will depend on free agency and if Philibin is kept around. I think Joe gets another year, but we'll see.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

It's been so long since Miami had a tight end who was a mismatch -- think Keith Jackson. Would love to get one and it's a possibility if the Dolphins are able to fill two starting spots on the offensive line prior to the draft. So you like Amaro over Ebron?
    I do but maybe only because I've seen more Amaro. Dude is big, has terrific hands, and even at his size gets terrific separation. He runs well, not Vernon Davis or Ladarius Green well, but I think I mention Tony Gonzalez in another post. That's who Amaro reminds me of.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im with Mudder, I think Amaro is the better TE. He is the more complete player IMO. Ebron would be a great pick though.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudder1310 View Post
    I do but maybe only because I've seen more Amaro. Dude is big, has terrific hands, and even at his size gets terrific separation. He runs well, not Vernon Davis or Ladarius Green well, but I think I mention Tony Gonzalez in another post. That's who Amaro reminds me of.
    I will definitely have to take a look. Miami needs that type of player and I think Philibin is a coach who can really utilize the tight end position.
    Quote Quote