Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: Carlos Hyde Jr.

  1. -21
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    10,983
    vCash:
    1036
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    There's a lot of buyer beware for me when it comes to Urban Meyer coached kids on offense. Most of them struggle in the NFL and some never get it. They lack the knowledge of playing the traditional positions they get drafted for. Percy Harvin, for everything everyone says about this guy, and he is explosive, still can't run a simple NFL route tree. It took Alex Smith 8 years before he finally became a decent QB, Aaron Hernandez before his arrest was used in non-conventional ways but when asked to fill in for Gronk after Gronk went down he wasn't nearly as effective...not sure Meyer ever produced a decent WR outside of Harvin. He has produced some good O-lineman for the NFL and some good defensive players but his offensive players, especially at the skill positions, would make me pause.

    Hyde had some huge holes to run through. What I don't see is a back that can run parallel to the LOS, find the hole and cut up through that crease to get yards. There just won't be holes that big in the NFL...what kind of vision does he have?
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    32,046
    vCash:
    31151
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i agree with the buyer beware aspects...i was kinda wondering how what i was seeing would translate to the nfl with hyde...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    316
    vCash:
    1233
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Urban Meyer has never had a RB like Carlos Hyde before. Plus, he didn't recruit him. Hyde is one of the leftovers from the Tressell regime. But Meyer has already stated that he is one best players he's ever coached.

    In short, the comment regarding Urban Meyer coached players really isn't valid in this case. Hyde is an old school power back, with deceptive speed and quickness. He breaks tackles, can catch the ball out of the backfield, and he can block.

    If you had seen Hyde play extensively this season, you wouldn't have made the same comments. Every single player that comes into the NFL has question marks about them and there's no guarantee anybody will pan out. However, the concerns expressed here are bogus.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    10,983
    vCash:
    1036
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by EJay View Post
    Urban Meyer has never had a RB like Carlos Hyde before. Plus, he didn't recruit him. Hyde is one of the leftovers from the Tressell regime. But Meyer has already stated that he is one best players he's ever coached.

    In short, the comment regarding Urban Meyer coached players really isn't valid in this case. Hyde is an old school power back, with deceptive speed and quickness. He breaks tackles, can catch the ball out of the backfield, and he can block.

    If you had seen Hyde play extensively this season, you wouldn't have made the same comments. Every single player that comes into the NFL has question marks about them and there's no guarantee anybody will pan out. However, the concerns expressed here are bogus.
    He said the same about Tebow dude. He's a salesman. And by your comments I'm assuming your an OSU fan...Am I right?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    32,046
    vCash:
    31151
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    so the massive weight loss is not something to be concerned with??? concerns about keeping it off in the pros are unfounded i take it

    i dont really care about the urban meyer thing but i think the system hyde plays in gives me some pause as to how it will translate...i expect a bigger learning curve with hyde in the nfl
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    316
    vCash:
    1233
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    He said the same about Tebow dude. He's a salesman. And by your comments I'm assuming your an OSU fan...Am I right?
    You assume that, why? Because I have seen and know more about Hyde than you? Or because I disagree with you? Either way, it's an incorrect assumption.

    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    so the massive weight loss is not something to be concerned with??? concerns about keeping it off in the pros are unfounded i take it

    i dont really care about the urban meyer thing but i think the system hyde plays in gives me some pause as to how it will translate...i expect a bigger learning curve with hyde in the nfl
    So now a new concern is being entered into the discussion? The weight thing wasn't previously mentioned. If you have concern over that, I don't necessarily think it's unfounded. I can see the reasoning behind it. I simply stated that the 'Urban Meyer' coached players reasoning was unfounded and provided some reasoning why.

    As for your 2nd comment, to what 'system' do you refer? A running system? The kid mostly runs between the tackles. How exactly does that not translate to the NFL? If you don't believe he will be able to break tackles and/or drag defenders in the pros as he has done in college, I can understand the concern. But I don't share the concern because tackling in the NFL is a lost art anyway. This kid has the size, strength and power that allows him to break through arm tackles or those that do not wrap up. He gets better as the game goes on and defenses tire out.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    32,046
    vCash:
    31151
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i said in my first post that the weight loss was something that has to be considered going forward as in can he keep it off...i think he can run between the tackles i just think there will be a learning curve off what i saw vs michigan state at least with how ohio state went about things vs transitioning into our offense for instance...

    i havent seen the kid all that much either and i fully acknowledge that...just some initial takes
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    316
    vCash:
    1233
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i said in my first post that the weight loss was something that has to be considered going forward as in can he keep it off..
    My apology, I didn't see your earlier reference.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    ronnieb_23's Avatar
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    299
    vCash:
    1357
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Hyde is available in the middle rounds I would take him. I don't care if he is 3rd string for the first year but his vision, power, balance, and feet for a big guy his size is pretty dam good. He did have his one little slip up and took a 3 game suspension for it and after he has some big games he shows some emotion and you can see how much the game means to him. I am an Ohio State fan and I am very disappointed that this is his last year with the team.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    194
    vCash:
    1072
    Loc:
    Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you're tired of the Do;phins being stopped on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 then Hyde is your man. He's a beast on short yardage.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Carlos Hyde
    By EJay in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2013, 04:39 PM
  2. Carlos Dunlap in the 2nd?
    By mandal24 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 01:57 PM
  3. Carlos' sister?
    By Pagan in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 03:07 PM
  4. Great Hyde article.../Hyde does it again (Merged)
    By Phinguy in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 12:25 PM
  5. Carlos Beltran
    By nick1 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-14-2004, 03:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •