Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fellow Members - Please Read

1. -1
    FinHeaven Lives

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Fellow Members - Please Read

I received an email today and it hit me harder than most emails. Granted, I receive quite a few emails that slam the site and myself, but this one I just had to respond to… but in public. You see, this email questioned my leadership and my lack of “appearance” on the message boards and site. Now, I may not be the best leader and I may not be the most active member on the site; however, I really wanted to share a small piece of what is going on in my life lately… something I held back because I didn’t think it was “right.”

You see, on October 21st of last year my father was diagnosed with cancer. The news has been devastating; life since then hasn’t been the same… it never will be. From October till February my father has been battling cancer one day at a time. Things began to look up for him as the cancer in his lungs was decreasing at a fast rate. However, as of last week my father received the news that while the cancer has been shrinking in his one lung, it has moved to the other lung as well as the liver and other parts of his body. To put it simply, the cancer was found too late and is spreading too fast to stop.

Many people may or may not understand what my family and I are going through right now. My life as I know is has changed dramatically. I am no longer able to consult my father, my friend, for advice that I so desperately want. When it comes to FinHeaven, it’s simply hard to sit down and focus on it as he has always been a factor and has always guided me. I mean, no worries – I don’t plan on leaving the site… I just need some time off for other reasons.

The next couple of weeks will be especially difficult for me as things have started to decline at a fast rate. This entire situation has just made me realize how fragile and valuable life is. I mean, my father is 47 years old… need I say more?

In ending, I really don’t like sharing life stories with people. I’m a rather quite guy. However, I believe this site is like a family. Additionally, I wanted to inform my “second family” of what is going on so you understand why I haven’t been quite as active in the past few months.

Thank you for listening (or reading). Thank you for making this site what it is today. Additionally, I thank (and you should too) the fellow staff for doing a great job while I have been out so many times…

Sincerely,
    Andrew Tatum
    AJ Tatum

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be messed up."
    - Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Richmond VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dude, I empathize and I am sorry to hear about your father. You don't owe whatever lowlife loser sent you that email any kind of response. I visit many Dolphins websites daily and this one is by far the best! And to whomever wrote that email, take stock in your life and think about what really matters.... loser.
    would someone please give Wanny a synonym for 'standpoint'?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you know my feelings AJ.... don't waste another second thinking about anything other than what you need to.....this one e-mail, from one guy, is so trivial that it should never enter your thoughts again....It in no way reflects the feelings of the vast majority of members here....
    At a television studio in Hollywood on Monday night, Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor was doing the fox trot. He probably was wearing makeup, too.
    About an hour south down Interstate 5, quarterback John Beck was on the verge of lining up his chicken nuggets in a shotgun formation.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seriously now

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Best wishes to you and your family.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    NFL'S WINNINGEST TEAM

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SO CAL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    AJ.....our prayers are with you and your family.
    Do what is right by your family and never look back.

As for the person that didn't understand your situation, let that be your lessson as to why you shouldnt be judgemental. This site is simply THE BEST DOLFAN website....bar none. I am impressed that a person as young as AJ could develop a concept like this site and offer it to us. Thanks again AJ.
    1972: THE ONLY PERFECT SEASON!

All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater things.
    Bobby Knight
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My best to you and your family.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Old School

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    im really sorry to hear the news about your ailing father. I have lost two people in my family to that dreaded disease. I definately can relate to what you are going through. Spend every minute that is humanly possible with your dad. That is what he will take with him. It is tough now, will be tough after the inevitable, and after, it will be tough for a while. Be there to lend support to other family members, because they will need you.

Its been 7 years since my Grandma passed and i still miss her every day.

I dont know you, but i can only lend support and help you cope with the situation.
    If you need someone to talk to, or any support, please feel free to email me, im here for you, my brother in fin....

Reelfisherman73@yahoo.com

Mike
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm very sorry to hear that AJ...I hope for the best for your father, you, and the rest of your family.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm a new guy that's been reading posts for a long time. The leaders of this board all seem to be pretty cool and fair; don't fret over a few complainers.

Enjoy the precious time you have left with your Father. My Dad passed away about 8 years ago(he was 45) and I feel your pain. Stay strong man.

Holdan
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    my families prayers are with you and your family
    Quote Quote