Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fellow Members - Please Read

1. -31
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Best of luck with everything you are going through. Family is always #1. Take all the time you need...
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vacaville, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by kasaba13
    Best of luck with everything you are going through. Family is always #1. Take all the time you need...
    Pretty much sums it up for me as well.

Take all the time you need man, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    My Nomination for dumbest statement of the year.
    Said regarding the 10 commandments statue.

"This isn't about religeon! This is about acknowleging the allmighty god!"
    ~Some moron on talk radio out here.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As a survivor of cancer, I know what your family is going through. I'm very sorry that you or anyone has to go through such a trying time. You and yours will be in my prayers.
    Horny........You wouldn't like me if I got horny........
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    The Shark

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Fellow Members - Please Read

Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
    I received an email today and it hit me harder than most emails. Granted, I receive quite a few emails that slam the site and myself, but this one I just had to respond to… but in public. You see, this email questioned my leadership and my lack of “appearance” on the message boards and site. Now, I may not be the best leader and I may not be the most active member on the site; however, I really wanted to share a small piece of what is going on in my life lately… something I held back because I didn’t think it was “right.”

You see, on October 21st of last year my father was diagnosed with cancer. The news has been devastating; life since then hasn’t been the same… it never will be. From October till February my father has been battling cancer one day at a time. Things began to look up for him as the cancer in his lungs was decreasing at a fast rate. However, as of last week my father received the news that while the cancer has been shrinking in his one lung, it has moved to the other lung as well as the liver and other parts of his body. To put it simply, the cancer was found too late and is spreading too fast to stop.

Many people may or may not understand what my family and I are going through right now. My life as I know is has changed dramatically. I am no longer able to consult my father, my friend, for advice that I so desperately want. When it comes to FinHeaven, it’s simply hard to sit down and focus on it as he has always been a factor and has always guided me. I mean, no worries – I don’t plan on leaving the site… I just need some time off for other reasons.

The next couple of weeks will be especially difficult for me as things have started to decline at a fast rate. This entire situation has just made me realize how fragile and valuable life is. I mean, my father is 47 years old… need I say more?

In ending, I really don’t like sharing life stories with people. I’m a rather quite guy. However, I believe this site is like a family. Additionally, I wanted to inform my “second family” of what is going on so you understand why I haven’t been quite as active in the past few months.

Thank you for listening (or reading). Thank you for making this site what it is today. Additionally, I thank (and you should too) the fellow staff for doing a great job while I have been out so many times…

Sincerely,
    Andrew Tatum
    AJ

Roughly 3 and a half years ago, I stumbled across this website, primarily on accident.. I was doing some mindless websurfing out of boredom, and naturally was scanning the random Phin Fan sites.

When I came across this site, I was instantly impressed with the knowledge each of your writers brought to the table. Most of them, I felt, had all the tools to be professionals, yet they were doing it for the same thing.. Out of love for the same squad..

Then, a few minutes later, I came across a link on the site that was looking for a few good men or women to contribute to the site.

Thinking I stood about a snowball's chance in Hell of getting anything, I ignored it... and ignored it... and ignored it.. One day, I figured, to Hell with it, whats the worst that could happen? I filled out the necessary info and sent it thinking nothing of it.

A few days later, I got the return email.. I was now welcomed openly as one of the elite writers. I felt like I had just won the Super Bowl, Game 7 of the World Series and the Lottery all wrapped up in to one..

As the weeks and months passed, I got to know the face who ran the site.. And lemme tell ya brother, FEW people I've ever met either on or off line had as much determination and drive as you have. You ALWAYS would strive to make this the best damned Dolphin site on the internet, and with the work you put forth, you have not only seen this site reach that success, but you have brought it to the point where it blows the competition CLEAR out of the f'n water.

Point of my endless ramble is this.. Life takes immediate precidence over ANYTHING the net has to offer... Your father has obviously spent a good chunk of his adult life molding you in to a damn good person, and now that he needs you, there's no questions where you are and SHOULD be.. If random message board lurker has a problem with it, he can kiss my slightly tanned Italian ***.

My prayers are with your father and with your family A.J. May you all be as strong as you possibly can be, and (sorry to offend anyone here) don't be afraid to turn to the Man for His hand. I know both Taylor and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers... Always!

If you ever need someone to vent to, talk to or anything else, you know my MSN, or E-Mail me at jep244@psu.edu. Now you know the addy... Use it!

God Bless!

Jason
    Formerly Dolphins13Fan

GIFSoup
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good Luck with everything, man.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    sdkjglkdsjglkdsj

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can definitely relate to what you are going through....my brother was just diagnosed with nasal cancer about a month ago. I didn't even know that such a thing existed until that point and it happened at a relatively young age (37). For the first week and a half or so, it was really bad as we had no idea how extensive it was or what treatment would be available until test results came back. Fortunately, they caught it early and apparantly will be able to treat it without surgery....but its still a tense time because you never know what turn it may take.

I know if I hadn't of had this happen in my life....I would have been here a lot more throughout the past weeks as well. However, a situation such as this really makes you realize that there is more to life than Dolphins football. Don't get me wrong....I'll always be a fan and my Sunday afternoons from September through January will always mean its football time.

However.....family and friends mean a whole lot more and life is much more important than the outcome of any game. My prayers go out to you and your family and treasure every moment you can with your father.

Finally, I just want to say I think you do an awesome job with this board. Considering its not a pay site (outside of donations which individuals make)....its really amazing how much information us Dolphin fans can gather here without having to put up with a ton of ads and popups. Sure, there are those who post false rumors here and it'd be nice if those people just found another site to visit....but I find out Dolphin news here sooner than I do from any other website, cable channel, newspaper, or radio station. Keep up the good work!
    EDIT: Please choose a signature more conducive to our policy on political sigs. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wow. im sorry about your friend/dad AJ. That is a special thing to have. My dad was a loner and not very loving but he was always around so you have something special AJ, now and forever. I hope you can cope in the days ahead man. my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Whoever emailed you that must feel about 2 inches right now.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melbourne, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    11 years ago I lost my brother (i was 18 he was 19) in a car accident (just west of 441 on stirling). I have also lost several relatives to cancer, and most recently, about 2 1/2 weeks ago I learned one of my best friend's fathers died from cancer as well. As I now live in New Orleans I was unable to attend the service (all day out at Perry Airport a couple of Saturdays ago, he was a retired colonel etc.) although I wish I could have, for my friend as well as my respects to him.

My point being, I know that sometimes there are no words to help ease what you may be going through and to a degree it becomes a blur. I pray for the health of your father and the remission of his cancer.

One thing I've learned over the years from personal and second-hand experience, NOTHING matters more then your family.......so take care of business and enjoy every minute you have. The rest will fall into place and is really meaningless.

Regards,
    James
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Home of the first Night Football Game
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the fact that we all have a gathering place such as this is way more than enough for me. AJ, your family is the most important thing. take care. this sight is large enough to take care of it's self for a while. if there is anything you ever need and i can help, by all means, let me know. you have supplied a safe haven from all the garbage out there and that is enough. my thoughts and prayers go with you and yours.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Super Bowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry to hear one of life's misfortunes has struck your family. Best wishes and don't forget your second family is here to support you.
    Quote Quote