Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Fellow Members - Please Read

1. -81
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tennessee
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Fellow Members - Please Read

Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
    I received an email today and it hit me harder than most emails. Granted, I receive quite a few emails that slam the site and myself, but this one I just had to respond to… but in public. You see, this email questioned my leadership and my lack of “appearance” on the message boards and site. Now, I may not be the best leader and I may not be the most active member on the site; however, I really wanted to share a small piece of what is going on in my life lately… something I held back because I didn’t think it was “right.”

You see, on October 21st of last year my father was diagnosed with cancer. The news has been devastating; life since then hasn’t been the same… it never will be. From October till February my father has been battling cancer one day at a time. Things began to look up for him as the cancer in his lungs was decreasing at a fast rate. However, as of last week my father received the news that while the cancer has been shrinking in his one lung, it has moved to the other lung as well as the liver and other parts of his body. To put it simply, the cancer was found too late and is spreading too fast to stop.

Many people may or may not understand what my family and I are going through right now. My life as I know is has changed dramatically. I am no longer able to consult my father, my friend, for advice that I so desperately want. When it comes to FinHeaven, it’s simply hard to sit down and focus on it as he has always been a factor and has always guided me. I mean, no worries – I don’t plan on leaving the site… I just need some time off for other reasons.

The next couple of weeks will be especially difficult for me as things have started to decline at a fast rate. This entire situation has just made me realize how fragile and valuable life is. I mean, my father is 47 years old… need I say more?

In ending, I really don’t like sharing life stories with people. I’m a rather quite guy. However, I believe this site is like a family. Additionally, I wanted to inform my “second family” of what is going on so you understand why I haven’t been quite as active in the past few months.

Thank you for listening (or reading). Thank you for making this site what it is today. Additionally, I thank (and you should too) the fellow staff for doing a great job while I have been out so many times…

Sincerely,
    Andrew Tatum
    I'm relatively new on here, but have been a Dolphin guy since 1970, and I think this site is great. I just want to say, your Father should be your first concern, and I applaud you for putting him first above all else. Nothing is more precious than life, and the time we spend with our loved ones, it is time once gone, that can never be regained, so every last second young man, you spend it with your Father, until you get back, I'll throw in a story, link or whatever I can to help even, you just take care and have a good time with your Dad, and you will be in my prayers, as will he ! Dan
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rehoboth Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Fellow Members - Please Read

Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
    I received an email today and it hit me harder than most emails. Granted, I receive quite a few emails that slam the site and myself, but this one I just had to respond to… but in public. You see, this email questioned my leadership and my lack of “appearance” on the message boards and site. Now, I may not be the best leader and I may not be the most active member on the site; however, I really wanted to share a small piece of what is going on in my life lately… something I held back because I didn’t think it was “right.”

You see, on October 21st of last year my father was diagnosed with cancer. The news has been devastating; life since then hasn’t been the same… it never will be. From October till February my father has been battling cancer one day at a time. Things began to look up for him as the cancer in his lungs was decreasing at a fast rate. However, as of last week my father received the news that while the cancer has been shrinking in his one lung, it has moved to the other lung as well as the liver and other parts of his body. To put it simply, the cancer was found too late and is spreading too fast to stop.

Many people may or may not understand what my family and I are going through right now. My life as I know is has changed dramatically. I am no longer able to consult my father, my friend, for advice that I so desperately want. When it comes to FinHeaven, it’s simply hard to sit down and focus on it as he has always been a factor and has always guided me. I mean, no worries – I don’t plan on leaving the site… I just need some time off for other reasons.

The next couple of weeks will be especially difficult for me as things have started to decline at a fast rate. This entire situation has just made me realize how fragile and valuable life is. I mean, my father is 47 years old… need I say more?

In ending, I really don’t like sharing life stories with people. I’m a rather quite guy. However, I believe this site is like a family. Additionally, I wanted to inform my “second family” of what is going on so you understand why I haven’t been quite as active in the past few months.

Thank you for listening (or reading). Thank you for making this site what it is today. Additionally, I thank (and you should too) the fellow staff for doing a great job while I have been out so many times…

Sincerely,
    Andrew Tatum
    AJ, please know that our thoughts are with you. I don't know of anyone that would put anything in front of family, as they are first and foremost in anyone's life.

As far as the email you received? Well, let's just leave it like this: I am sure there are more pressing and important things for you and all the mods to do besides spending 24/7 babysitting a bunch of nutzie football fans!!

Keep your chin up !!
    DD..................the #1 Delaware Dolfan !!!

Doing things you don't have to do today will help to determine where you'll be tomorrow when you can't do anything about it!
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sturgis, SD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Know that we are all thinking about you and praying for you
    “When you don't know that you don't know, it's a lot different than when you do know that you don't know.”

--Bill Parcells
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm sorry to hear about your father. My prayers are with you and your family.And family is way more important than football. God bless.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    AJ:

You owe us nothing. You have givem us a great site to call home as Dolphin fans. Your family is the priority.

To whoever the a$$hole is who complained...get a life.

You need to sit in judgement on yourslef.

AJ don't sweat it. We got your back.
    BREAKING NEWS ALL OFFSEASON LONG!
    FOLLOW FINHEAVEN ON TWITTER!

Quote Quote  

6. -86
    What?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mobile. Alabama
    Thanks / No Thanks
    AJ, I am pretty new to this board and I dont participate that much, but I still feel like part of a big family. I never had much of a father, but I did have others in my family who made the sacrifices needed to shape my life. After loosing more than one to this same disease, I know full well what you are experiencing, and each one is just as hard as the next. My prayers go out to you and your family. If you EVER need anything, please dont hesitate to ask.
    You are in my prayers
    Larry Hart (a.k.a. Dolfan72734me)
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    The name's Bond...James Bond.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Allow me to add my voice to everyone else on the board. I will make sure to say a prayer for your family at Mass tomorrow. Thanks for everything, and I hope that the support of everyone here helps you in at least some small way.

Phil "Phunwin" Unwin

Check out some of my other work:

• Dr. Stats, the best fantasy football site on the internet, with weekly projections and plenty of regular articles.
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A.J., my prayers are with you and your family.

September 19, 2000 was the worst day of my life. My cousin Jeff, who had been in a motorcycle accident a few weeks before that was announced dead. A 21-year old kid with a nice future ahead of him. The funeral had so many people there man, it was unbelievable how many people loved my cousin. He was the easiest person to get along with.

When my family first got the news a few weeks earlier, they told us all that he had a 5% chance of living. A few days later, that chance of life kept on increasing and it began to look more and more like he could make it. Apparently, it was just too unrealistic that he could overcome something like that. My cousin died a true friend. When he and his friend got on the bike, he had a helmet and his friend didn't. So he wasn't gonna stay safe and have his friend being the unlucky one, although I wish he did. You can call him stupid for what he did, but he did it because of the true friend that he was. Jeff was always a person in the family that you can talk to about anything. He loved the lord just as much as he loved us and Bob Marley. If anything from that experience that I can honor him with, it's how I grew from it and matured better on the streets. He took me and my cousin Brandon everywhere with us when we were younger, and showed us the way of life through his perspective. He would've been 26 this upcoming November.

So basically, you just have to be strong. It's just a lesson that you should never take things for granted in life....because in a split second, everything can be over. Just like that.

Again A.J., my prayers are with you, your family, and your father.
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    AJ, I like to add my voice with everyone elses'. I kind of know how you feel, I have lost a few relatives to that hideous disease. My prayers and thoughts are for you and your family, and may GOD give you all the strength to hope and cope...
    Nardo

PERFECTVILLE
    Population- 1

The 2009 Miami Dolphins-"Fasten Your Seatbelt and Enjoy the Ride!"

...Thanks to Crunch Time for the Awsome Banner...

------------
    "[N]o arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."

Ronald Reagan-January 20, 1981 (from his first inaugural address)
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    DOB: Get my Ring!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Warminster, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks

A.J.

we all believe in you. We also pray for you, your father, and your family.

As for finheaven, there is simply no way to express what you have done for a legion of Dolphin fans including myself.

I also know what you have taken on outside of this website...and all I can say...is that even knowing as little as I do about you...

is that if I had a little brother, I wish he would be someone like you.

Thanks for everything.
    Quote Quote