Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Tannehill is the worst qb in the league, he threw an incompletion

1. -61
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    The scoring more than 27 points thing gets overblown IMO.

Scoring touchdowns is a team effort, you need more than a qb to do it.

The colts scored 30 when Luck had 1 td and it was rushing. That's just one example of it.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    The scoring more than 27 points thing gets overblown IMO.

Scoring touchdowns is a team effort, you need more than a qb to do it.

The colts scored 30 when Luck had 1 td and it was rushing. That's just one example of it.
    28 games in the Sherman era . . . Ryan Tannehill has more than 27 in 1 game (27 games) and Matt Moore has more than 27 in 1 game (a little more than 3 and a half quarters).

I think the amount of points an offense scores is a direct reflection of your QB and Tannehill and this offense has left plenty of points on the board. It's not about fantasy stats of the QB, it's about making timely plays to continue drives and being consistent in ending drives with points.

It's not a proper way to win football games long term. I just wanna see the offense flourish under Tannehill. Teams with far worse QB's are able to put up more points on the board and yet their offensive core isn't superior to our own. The continuous improvement of Ryan Tannehill is encouraging but it's just more reason not to feel completely settled with Ryan Tannehill as the longterm option at QB for the Dolphins. Not yet atleast.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I love the ones who thumbs down your post were some of the ones in the game thread calling for Matt Moore to start the 2nd half. Coincidence?
    not surprising
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Just trust me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Black or white on this site......and filled with hate
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    28 games in the Sherman era . . . Ryan Tannehill has more than 27 in 1 game (27 games) and Matt Moore has more than 27 in 1 game (a little more than 3 and a half quarters).

I think the amount of points an offense scores is a direct reflection of your QB and Tannehill and this offense has left plenty of points on the board. It's not about fantasy stats of the QB, it's about making timely plays to continue drives and being consistent in ending drives with points.

It's not a proper way to win football games long term. I just wanna see the offense flourish under Tannehill. Teams with far worse QB's are able to put up more points on the board and yet their offensive core isn't superior to our own. The continuous improvement of Ryan Tannehill is encouraging but it's just more reason not to feel completely settled with Ryan Tannehill as the longterm option at QB for the Dolphins. Not yet atleast.
    I agree, but Matt Moore didn't do it alone, special teams had a td and I think the defense did too.

All I'm saying is the qb is a very important part of the offense but not the only reason teams score points...
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Grand Rapids Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope he is the guy but he just doesn't make all the throws he has to make. He has all the tools but he has to hit our wide receivers when they are WIDE OPEN. If he is going to be our franchise QB he has to make those throw. What is so hard to see about that?
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    its funny that this thread got moved but all the bs tannehill threads are allowed to clog up the main forum...
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    Speaking of "erecting themselves in their imaginations into some kind of paternal figure" that is exactly what the Tannehill "can't do no wrongers" do when he takes some criticism.

And the supporting cast is improved, but it does the team no good if he continually is late on throws which leads into the WR having to wait on the ball, allowing the DB to interrupt the play. He also has had a severe issue with not being able to turn away from his first option to find a second option, although I will say he FINALLY did this a little more in the 2nd half. I for one have been saying that I think Tannehill is suffering from a little bit of shell shock from the overwhelming pressure he faced early in the year because the oline was not adequate enough for him to succeed like we needed him. This in turn is making him rush the process and he either has a delayed reaction and ends up late on his throws or he just wants to get rid of it before pressure gets in.

And if he stays at his current level, I'd really think about getting another QB, because his current level is not good enough to be great in this league . . . . maybe it's good enough to sneak into the playoffs in a subpar AFC, but the end result is 2008 (which was fun, but not where we need to be to achieve greatness).

All that said, we all need to ride this out with Ryan and wish him the best. I criticize him because I want him to improve . . . I don't know this dude so I can't be a "parental figure" to him. I'm a fan just like anybody else on this board, a fan who has put up with a lot of bad in the past decade and change . . . I wanna be apart of some good for once and I know that starts at the QB position. Rooting for Tannehill to fail is absurd . . . but I also root for the Miami Dolphins to know what they have at QB and be proactive in making sure we are putting this best options out there and if that option isn't going to be the guy to lead this team, no need to feel like we are tied to any particular guy.
    In bold is exactly what I meant by erecting oneself into a parental figure. Dude, whatever you or I say or don't say will have no effect whatsoever on whether any player improves or not. The reason for that is that criticism has to be handed out personally, in detail, and with a plan to be effective -in other words, it's the coaches' job-, while support is merely emotional. You think the coaches are supportive of players? Hell no. The most important support Tannehill or any other player will get needs to come from himself or close associates, but fan support helps, too -primarily in the stadium. Fan criticism is not helpful to players in the slightest, it can only be demoralizing. Demoralized players are slower to progress and will perform below their ability.

One more nitpick: If Tannehill were suffering from shell-shock, he wouldn't have improved in the 2nd half. It's one thing to get rid of the ball fast because you know you don't have time because your protection is terrible. But when you're shell-shocked, you simply can't relax anymore. Your nervous responses have been shot to hell and you panic for no reason. You don't simply get rid of shell shock at halftime.
    Why so gloomy?
    Quote Quote