Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Season is 75% Over. Time for an Updated Mock

1. -11
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SMadison29 View Post
    You did your mock a day too soon, not that I thought Mettenberger was going #3 overall anyway, but his torn ACL definitely moves him down in the second round.

You talk about Clay not being a true TE then have us take Amaro who is not a true TE. He's a big slot receiver, not a true TE or an inline blocker.

Either way Amaro is a different player than Clay and would help.

And yes the Mettenberger thing blew up in my face lol. It'll be interesting to see what happens if Brett Hundley doesn't declare (from what I've heard he's leaning towards staying in school). If he doesn't Derrick Carr, Johnny Manziel, and David Fales can all move up. So could Tajh Boyd (who I loved early, but when he's played good defenses he's struggled) or even AJ McCarron could join the conversation.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    As an ASU fan, Sutton is great, but he has a tendency to get injured, which may be due to the extra weight he put on before this season (about 40 lbs if I remember correctly). Still like him obviously.
    i want the 285 lb interior pass rushing wrecker will sutton not the 305 lb one who is carrying bad weight and too much for his body
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's never too early for Draft Talk. I enjoy the NFL draft almost as much as Christmas.

We are picking 19th right now, so the guy I really like, Taylor Lewan, Michigan's LT, will probably be long gone. I think Kouandijo of Alabama could be someone that we draft. I like Jace Amaro, but Ireland doesn't seem to value Tight Ends. Maybe someday he will notice what Gronk has done for New England and decide that getting a great TE would be a good thing???

I also think we could be drafting a DT in the first round with the uncertainty over Starks/Soliai. Minny's Ra'Sheed Hageman would be a nice pickup. Whoever our GM is after this season, he better lock up Brent Grimes. Why hasn't he been given a nice extension? Ireland is clueless.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SMadison29 View Post
    You did your mock a day too soon, not that I thought Mettenberger was going #3 overall anyway, but his torn ACL definitely moves him down in the second round.

You talk about Clay not being a true TE then have us take Amaro who is not a true TE. He's a big slot receiver, not a true TE or an inline blocker.
    Not sure a non-TE type would be 6-6 270. just saying what little I know.

My buddy who comes over to watch fin games and watches alot of college ball says this guy is also very good. A DUI but that is something that can be overcome. Sarkesian saying he is good cookie and learned from mistake.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...eferianjenkins
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    la la land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sure could use a WR. Mike Evans would make me happy.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post

My buddy who comes over to watch fin games and watches alot of college ball says this guy is also very good. A DUI but that is something that can be overcome. Sarkesian saying he is good cookie and learned from mistake.

Are you talking about Amaro or Jenkins?
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    God if Lee fell that far I'd be tempted to trade up a few spots to get him. That kids will be a beast in the NFL. Receiver isn't our biggest need but man he's talented. Also CJ Mosley, I don't care what contrats we just gave out. I draft for talent in the first and he's got tons. First round I feel like this every year, take the best player available except a QB if you have one. Then in the later rounds start grabbing more need type guys. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds I'd be leaning towards OL( Guard and tackle), DT, S. But in the first it would be the best player. Mosley is a beast. Lee is a beast. If they fall that far teams are getting steals. A big RB is someone else we need. Not a punt returner, a punder. Lots of big backs this year coming out that are one cut runners. I think even in the 5th and 6th rounds we could find one of them.
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would look to the 2nd RD for WR this season. I think you can get a guy who would be in the 1st RD most years.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Do whatever it takes to get Watkins.

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    What Sherman aspires to be

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post

Jace Amaro is listed at 6'5 260 but he's probably smaller. Even at that size he's still not a TE, he's a slot receiver similar to ex-Pats murderer. Even though he has the best numbers of any tight end in college he's not up for the Mackey Award (top college TE) because he lined up in the slot the majority of plays. And from watching Texas Tech over the years I'm sure the percentage is above 80.

Seferian-Jenkins is a monster of a tight end.
    Quote Quote