Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Season is 75% Over. Time for an Updated Mock

1. -21
    Clearly overpaid...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer2013 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by SMadison29 View Post
    Jace Amaro is listed at 6'5 260 but he's probably smaller. Even at that size he's still not a TE, he's a slot receiver similar to ex-Pats murderer. Even though he has the best numbers of any tight end in college he's not up for the Mackey Award (top college TE) because he lined up in the slot the majority of plays. And from watching Texas Tech over the years I'm sure the percentage is above 80.

Seferian-Jenkins is a monster of a tight end.
    I like Seferian-Jenkins as well and you could see him end up in the second round....though I will still bang the drum for Ebron.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Really like your first two picks for Miami. Jace Amaro would be a nice weapon to add for Tannehill and I think Hurst is solid.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    sefarian jenkins i don't see as a possibility with dion sims here...if they like sims they won't draft someone to essentially be a primary in line tight end and take his snaps even if jenkins offers more in the passing game (which he does)

if they do get a tight end i bet it's a red zone win option or flex guy with more upside than egnew...but i really doubt they do even that cause they can bring back keller to have our 4 tight end grouping next year dirt cheap and he can offer some of that along with clay

i don't think tight ends getting touched this offseason
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Some thing else to consider is in 2015 (I think) a guy like Funchess from Mich will come out and offer that sort of big receiving TE.
    Failure isn't fatal. Failure to change might be. - John Wooden
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Walters latest draft has us going Lewan,Purifoy,Sutton, not terrible if you can get Sutton back in shape.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree, if we take a TE, which I don't think is a big need the way Clay is playing, I would take Ebron. The kid from Notre dame I think could be an option as well..
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Fin Fan from MD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dunno about going TE. I think we will stick it out with what we have this offseason. I could see Ireland signing Keller cheaper this offseason. There is a reason the Dolphins chose not to do an injury settlement with him this past season. I think it was a show of good faith that he comes back next year healthy. He showed a ton of chemistry with RT17 in pre-season before the injury. I know it was a bad injury, but again, you still have Clay, Sims, and gees even Egnew has had some decent plays this season.

I think you are going to see a "plug-n-play" draft. That means, OT, OG, DT, OLB, RB. Look at our Roster. We are hurting at the "plug-n-play" positions.

QB = Set
    RB = plug n play
    TE = I believe it will look as I stated about with Keller coming back for cheap to go along with Clay.
    OT = plug n play* Huge need for us.
    OG = plug n play* Huge need for us
    C = Set
    WR = Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Matthews. Gibson was playing great and he'll be back from injury(another guy with great chemistry with RT17). Hartline is Hartline. I envision a better 2nd year with Wallace.

DE = Set
    DT = Plug n Play(Odrick + either Soliai or Starks, most likely Soliai because he will come at a cheaper price. Soliai loves it here. We had some preseason depth here too.)
    MLB = Set (Depth would be nice)
    OLB = Plug n Play Misi I'm good with, aside from his injury has had a solid year but we need an upgrade for Wheeler.
    CB = Resign Grimes is a must. We've got some young guys coming up here already.
    S = Jones and I hope we resign Clemens. Clemens has had a better season than Jones.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There are two draft sites that I really like: WalterFootball, which has regular updates, and also a site called DraftTek which has a four round mock, and gets closer to a seven round mock as you get closer to the 2014 draft. I like the four players that DraftTek has the Phin's picking:

http://www.drafttek.com/

Round 1 (21st pick): Taylor Lewan, LOT, Michigan
    Round 2 (53rd pick): Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State
    Round 3 (85th pick): Morgan Moses, ROT, Virginia
    Round 4 (117th pick): Jonathan Brown, OLB, Illinois
    1. OG: Zack Martin, Notre Dame
    2. ILB: Chris Borland, Wisconsin
    3. TE: C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa
    4. DT: Daniel McCullers, Tenn
    5. FS: Kenny Ladler, Vanderbilt
    6. QB: Connor Shaw, South Carolina
    7. RB: Isaiah Crowell, RB, Alabama State
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    the way it looks we cant go wrong with just about anybody from florida state. timmy jernigan could very well be in play depending on how our DT negotiations go.

Man, its gonna be a boring draft if two of our first three picks are a LT and a RT. haha
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would like a fast MLB type that is a play maker. He can backup Ellerbe for the first year and then takeover the following year. We have been missing a playmaker there for some time.
    Quote Quote