Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny Info Hub

1. -1
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Destiny Info Hub

I personally am looking forward to this game. Though I need to get internet at home so I can fully participate, but what I have seen I really like.

Last edited by DisturbedShifty; 09-21-2014 at 03:59 AM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Why did Bungie abandon Halo? I was never a Halo fanboy, didn't really care for the games that much but just curious since they obviously had a big following.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    Why did Bungie abandon Halo? I was never a Halo fanboy, didn't really care for the games that much but just curious since they obviously had a big following.
    I'm pretty sure that when Microsoft owned Bungie they weren't interested in anything else except Halo because it was such a huge hit. Bungie had been making Halo games for ten years, or close to it, and I think Bungie wanted to some thing different. So when Bungie had the chance to get out from under Microsoft they did. But that meant selling the rights to the Halo brand to do it.

Personally I would have like to seen them keep going with Halo. Expect Bungie seems to be a developer that tackles one thing at a time, instead of multiple things. So I think that also played a factor. They wanted to try something new, but wanted the whole company on the same page. As opposed to say, opening another studio to develop Destiny while the original develop Halo titles.
    Last edited by DisturbedShifty; 03-16-2014 at 08:27 AM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    I'm pretty sure that when Microsoft owned Bungie they weren't interested in anything else except Halo because it was such a huge hit. Bungie had been naming Halo games for ten years, or close to it, and I think Bungie wanted to someone different. So when Bungie had the chance to get out from under Microsoft they did. But that meant selling the rights to the Halo brand to do it.

Personally I would have like to seen them keep going with Halo. Expect Bungie seems to be a developer that tackles one thing at a time, instead of multiple things. So I think that also played a factor. They wanted to try something new, but wanted the whole company on the same page. As opposed to say, opening another studio to develop Destiny while the original develop Halo titles.
    You would think that a developer of such a massive hit franchise would be able to be it's own boss so to speak. Rockstar does that with GTA while another one of their studios works on different massive titles like Red Dead for them across the country. Never understood why Bungie couldn't run things themselves with all the dough they got, and had one studio focus on Halo while another develops Destiny, just like Rockstar does. I may sound ignorant, not gonna pretend like I know how the videogame industry works lol. Just my 2 cents.

Another prime example is Ubisoft developing Far Cry and Assassin's Creed at the same time, just with two separate studios developing each individual game.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You would think that a developer of such a massive hit franchise would be able to be it's own boss so to speak. Rockstar does that with GTA while another one of their studios works on different massive titles like Red Dead for them across the country. Never understood why Bungie couldn't run things themselves with all the dough they got, and had one studio focus on Halo while another develops Destiny, just like Rockstar does. I may sound ignorant, not gonna pretend like I know how the videogame industry works lol. Just my 2 cents.

Another prime example is Ubisoft developing Far Cry and Assassin's Creed at the same time, just with two separate studios developing each individual game.
    If you follow Bungie closely you get this sense of a close nit community with their games. From the developers down to the fans. I am with you though, it makes sense that they would have multiple studios, it just isn't their style. Also, Bungie runs themselves now. They are only partnered with Activision as a distributor.

Interestingly enough though, and I just read this, while Bungie is under contract to make four games with Activision they are also allowed to dedicated five percent of their staff to develop another game. In the article I read (here) they directly mention Marathon as the game they might develop. Which if you know Bungie, is one of the earlier games. Yet at the same time, the article also says that Destiny was suppose to be a timed exclusive for Xbox (360 or XB1) and that has obviously changed.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    If you follow Bungie closely you get this sense of a close nit community with their games. From the developers down to the fans. I am with you though, it makes sense that they would have multiple studios, it just isn't their style. Also, Bungie runs themselves now. They are only partnered with Activision as a distributor.

Interestingly enough though, and I just read this, while Bungie is under contract to make four games with Activision they are also allowed to dedicated five percent of their staff to develop another game. In the article I read (here) they directly mention Marathon as the game they might develop. Which if you know Bungie, is one of the earlier games. Yet at the same time, the article also says that Destiny was suppose to be a timed exclusive for Xbox (360 or XB1) and that has obviously changed.
    I have never heard of Marathon, is that another sci-fi FPS game? And I thought Destiny was a PS4 exlusive.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I will be trying this one out. 2014 will have some big new games out. One game I'm really looking forward to is Tom Clancys The Division

Avatar & Sig pic by: DisturbedShifty
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have never heard of Marathon, is that another sci-fi FPS game? And I thought Destiny was a PS4 exlusive.
    Yeah. Marathon, which you can get on XBL, was an old PC FPS. I want to say it came out around the time of the original Doom. Bungie also hid a LOT of references to Marathon throughout Halo. The quickest example is that both the main characters names is John.

As for PS4 exclusive, no. Like I said it was originally supposed to be a timed exclusive for Xbox. I want to say the reason it comes off a PS4 exclusive is partly because Bungie has only been a Microsoft company the past ten years and chose to push the fact that they are now multi-platform company. That and the fact the PS4 came out before the XB1. You should have seen all the Xbox fan boys on their forums cry foul about the beta being available on the PS4 first. You would have thought it was an exclusive title.
    Last edited by DisturbedShifty; 03-16-2014 at 08:28 AM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Phish Phan In Philly

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    Cant wait for this one! Gonna be a slow going for these next gen consoles which will make this a must buy!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    G.O.A.T

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This game will be legit. Very legit.
    Quote Quote