Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would Brett Favre be a good NFL-Dolphins Coach -

1. -11
    WILDCARD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boston
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know a guy, who knows a guy, who lived with a guy that beat franchise mode in madden 25 on all Madden and won the superbowl. I wonder if he could be a good NFL coach....thoughts?
    Happy about 3 points, sigh.... =(
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphans1 View Post
    Your wrong, look how many teams are seeking a High School State Title in all states, my High School has only won 1 State title in 40 years in the State of Florida.

The NFL through the years have had only 28-32 teams, and perhaps less, you know what the odds are at that....? 1:32

Wining a division title is even easier, 25% chance you can win your division.

You apparently don't understand statistics.
    Are you sure you went to high school?

The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by godolphins1985 View Post
    I know a guy, who knows a guy, who lived with a guy that beat franchise mode in madden 25 on all Madden and won the superbowl. I wonder if he could be a good NFL coach....thoughts?
    Getting to the SB in madden is a lot harder then Getting to the superbowl in real life. I think your friend has a damn good shot.
    Egnew The GOAT
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madmic21 View Post
    Statistics don't show which is harder in this case. I was the pitching coach for a high school team that lost in the state title game. Doesn't make me the next Dave Duncan. To add to that he wasn't a Peyton Manning type QB. He was a gunslinger. Not the cerebral type you would want in the NFL.
    But what you did was great, coming in 2nd is not bad, and its important because it teaches kids.

What you did was great.

A lot of kids never feel what you felt.

In the end, its just a game....
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Yippi ka yay mother******!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Basically what DS is saying is: - Don't call trolls names, just ignore them...
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Let me rephrase this, it is against the TOS to directly call someone out like you did. By calling him an "idiot" you did exactly that.

Again, even though you can see his posts, does NOT mean you have to respond to them. You come off as the person who does not add anything to the board by insulting him the way you did.

You want to insult him, that's what The Depths forum is for. I suggest you take the name calling there.
    I'm not calling him an idiot anymore. And it's a board, whatever deductions people are making about my character or how "I come off" over a post or two is not going to keep me up at night. I think forming views about people on that basis would be a little short sighted...I'm sure if you look through the bulk of my posts you'll see some substance and actually some people who like what I say. But ya I'm done the name calling, I've laid it out there.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    There's a big difference between being an offensive coordinator for a HS football team and an NFL coach/coordinator. We're talking about coaching grown men here. Hell, even Saban couldn't do that.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    One of 16 Vestal Virgins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    leaving for the coast
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, the most selfish player of his era, who cares less about his team than himself, who loves to cheat on his cancer-stricken wife by seducing younger look-alikes through texted dick pics is someone I want coaching my impressionable players. Hell, when it was indirectly his responsibility, he didnt' even want to work pro-actively with Rodgers as an incoming rookie. Beyond that, he's a self-aggrandizing azzhole who purposely stayed on to break Dan's records (and fortunately set a hard to reach Interception record at the same time) so for that alone I want no part of him. Kapish?

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Yeah, the most selfish player of his era, who cares less about his team than himself, who loves to cheat on his cancer-stricken wife by seducing younger look-alikes through texted dick pics is someone I want coaching my impressionable players. Hell, when it was indirectly his responsibility, he didnt' even want to work pro-actively with Rodgers as an incoming rookie. Beyond that, he's a self-aggrandizing azzhole who purposely stayed on to break Dan's records (and fortunately set a hard to reach Interception record at the same time) so for that alone I want no part of him. Kapish?
    So Vaark is a maybe on Farve!
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grushcow View Post
    I'm not calling him an idiot anymore. And it's a board, whatever deductions people are making about my character or how "I come off" over a post or two is not going to keep me up at night. I think forming views about people on that basis would be a little short sighted...I'm sure if you look through the bulk of my posts you'll see some substance and actually some people who like what I say. But ya I'm done the name calling, I've laid it out there.
    Look dude, I don't hold it against you, we're men and we're all here to have fun and get excited about winning, especially tomorrow. I'm not here to be a troll or stir the board up at all. I love this board, the team and people who participate.

I would never put anyone down, based on their opinion.

But our opinions is what makes all our seasons and history interesting and memorable.

I recall hearing Warren Moon would not make a good NFL QB, I recall hearing Vince Young would be great. I really believe 90% of it is mental, the players themselves can't handle the pressure of winning and the disgruntled fans.

Have a good Holiday.

d-1
    Quote Quote