Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would Brett Favre be a good NFL-Dolphins Coach -

1. -21
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Yeah, the most selfish player of his era, who cares less about his team than himself, who loves to cheat on his cancer-stricken wife by seducing younger look-alikes through texted dick pics is someone I want coaching my impressionable players. Hell, when it was indirectly his responsibility, he didnt' even want to work pro-actively with Rodgers as an incoming rookie. Beyond that, he's a self-aggrandizing azzhole who purposely stayed on to break Dan's records (and fortunately set a hard to reach Interception record at the same time) so for that alone I want no part of him. Kapish?
    Hey, I agree to some degree, but ole Danny did the same. Brett Favre is a real man and IMO, is becoming a dying breed of players today.

As someone once told me, its just soap and water and 3 Hail Mary's.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    First off, shame on all of the posters calling OP an idiot. An idiot would never come up something so brilliant.

I actually have a better idea, though. I know a very prolific optimist coach in Broward County that Ross should seriously take a look to replace Philbin. This genius of a man molds 115 pound pre pubescent boys into gridiron warriors. The NFL would be a walk in the park. We may even be able to get a package deal here... I am still in contact with the elderly woman that organized the fundraiser for our pads and cleats. Rumor has it that Jerry Jones is trying like hell to bring her in as Cowboys VP of Football Operations. Luckily, I just purchased some Sally Foster wrapping paper from her granddaughter so she owes me a favor (meeting with Ross).

If Ross wants to meet with her, I think I could make it happen. We will definitely have to have to throw a lot of guaranteed money at her, though. She is so good at managing the cap that every year for the last 5 years, on top of new pads, the entire team was able to have a pizza party.
    Last edited by broccoli rob; 12-07-2013 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Egnew the GOAT View Post
    Hire him as a QB coach so Tannehill can throw more int's. (sarcasm. Im a tannehill supporter)
    What Brett Favre has done is simply amazing, he took the Jets within 1 game of winning the division, if I recall, we beat them and got into the playoffs.

Favre also had an unreal season with the Vikings, he surpassed the former great Vikings defensive end Jim Marshall, for the number of consecutive starts at one position, he also became the first quarterback in NFL history to defeat every one of the league's 32 franchises, since the NFL first expanded to 32 franchises in 2002, He also surpassed Dan Marino's previous record for four-touchdown games, and was named to his 11th Pro Bowl. The Vikings finished 12-4 and advanced to the NFC Championship game, ultimately losing in overtime to the eventual Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints, and if you guys recall, he threw a stupid bonehead pick.

Now he's won a High School State Championship as a offensive coach, but gives credit to special teams.

d-1
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphans1 View Post
    This guys is amazing, now a high school State Title, which is a lot harder to grab, than a Super Bowl.
    There are probably 200+ high school state championships given out every year (including all divisions). There is one Super Bowl title. Do the math.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Reading Is Fundamental

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Smdh...............
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphans1 View Post
    a high school State Title, which is a lot harder to grab, than a Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by GasPed View Post
    There are probably 200+ high school state championships given out every year (including all divisions). There is one Super Bowl title. Do the math.
    Getting A's in high school is harder than getting B's in medical school
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Reading Is Fundamental

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    This thread will get over 100 comments and 100 no thanks. Stop the insanity!
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Why not Us?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Currently Stationed Overseas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not cool to openly insult OP the way you did... In response to the original poster, not sure I would openly accept Favre as a coaching option but I appreciate you posting article. I'll take a look at it. Thanks.

COME ON' RYAN!!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the op makes a valid point however based on my own feelings of farve I'd pass. We don't need that ass clown in our organization. We already have too many clowns. However I would take just about anybody over sherman
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GasPed View Post
    There is only 1 Pro Football League in the NFL, because it was ruled its a monopoly. There is collusion in sharing of NFL Funds, meaning the teams share revenue, to ensure others do not fail.

You and I know games are rigged to a certain degree, and winning football is a game of chance.

If the NFL was a true open League, it would be open to any businessman to bring in a new team (every year) and all the rules as far as revenue sharing, TV contracts would be out the window.

The NFL was great, as far as integrity goes, prior to the AFL - NFL merger, since then, the rules, integrity, the whinny new players has tarnished the NFL.

Even if I buy into your argument of 200 state champions in only a 50 state country, unless you mean by divisions, my argument stands better than yours.

There are only 32 teams in a 50 state country. (and its not 52 either.)
    Quote Quote