Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Beating the Patriots (notes and observations)

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am worried about committing turnovers in this game. If we can hold the ball, and not give up cheap points, we have a chance to beat them.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This Pats game is so important that jobs should be on the line. They have the talent to beat NE, so they'd better get it done! Losing any of the next 3 games would probably kill any likely chances of making the playoffs.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    Alfonso Dennard left the game last week. look for him on the injury list. starter. RT will attack the weakness for sure.
    He came back to the game. Also injured his shoulder in training camp, fwiw. Unclear which shoulder it was. No updates on his conditions right now that I can find.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TruePoizon View Post
    We were winning by 17 at halftime last time we played the Pats, right? Next time, if the same happens...just keep running the ball. Wind down time.
    nope, we must continue to attack until we crush them.

back in 2011 same thing, up 17-0 at half then they come back. same thing in 2013 as we all remember.

we cant be conservative no matter the score. attack, attack, and attack.

playing not to to lose will end up causing us to lose.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Each game is becoming more and more important, as the Dolphins are now very relevant in the chase for the final wild card spot.

Nice write up!
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Lets get those balls deep!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Agreed. But I'm not worried about Josh Boyce or Danny Amendola or Aaron Dobson beating me. I am worried about Shane Vereen beating me. And if the Patriots are going to offer up a way to take him out of the game because of where they're lining him up, I'll take it.

Even if what you force them to do is to line him up outside the formation or motion him out there, you're making it easier for your defense. Any motion by Vereen would create a check that would cancel the blitz, and now you know where he is and -- based on route pattern matching -- the kinds of routes he's likely to run.
    Wouldn't they just have the linemen run out to block on a quick screen if we blitzed? Those are scary plays, when you get a fast back on the sidelines with blockers in front.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope Tanny doesn't throw anymore pick 6's........ those really hurt us.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ANUfan, I'm calling you out. Why did you "thumbs down" my post?

Tanny has thrown MULTIPLE pick six's this season, which has hurt the team. We can NOT afford that versus the Pats if we plan to have any success.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pirate Lacrosse King

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you want a gunslinger at QB, you have to be ready for some bad plays. Anyone else remember pick 6s from Marino on those out patterns? It's the whole reason JJ hired Kippy Brown to dumb down the offense.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Offensively, run early against the Pats...they are weak against the run other than Spikes. If that works, look for play action deep to wallace later in the game if he gets single coverage on anyone other than Talib.

Defensively? And I promise this would work, shadow Vereen with Vernon or Wake if he goes outside and blitz up the middle with Ellerbe. If Vereen stays in have a 5 man rush. Put Grimes on Edelman and take him out of the game. I'll give one on one with deep help to Nolan Carroll or Patterson on Amendola. Amendola may have a big game, but overall it'll throw off Brady's timing, and the Pats passing game is all about timing. Gronkowski was the only guy they had that they didn't care about the timing or the coverage they just expected him to beat whoever was on him.

The Fins MUST MUST MUST take Edelman out of the game early or Brady will use him like he used to use Welker. And if he can do that, it'll open up the outside stuff to Boyce/Amendola and possibly Vereen who they like to swing out or line up in the slot and send him into out routes or the corners of the end zone.

But Edelman and then Vereen are the keys, if they take those two guys out of the flow of the game, Amendola will not be able to do enough on his own to win it.
    Quote Quote