Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Beating the Patriots (notes and observations)

1. -61
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    talib has been playing hurt...that hip is still an issue...not the same player he was before...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    Here's an excerpt from an article in the Providence Journal stating just how many problems the Patsies D has had recently. It's a pretty good read. With the problems their D is having and the O beginning to really click I could see the Fins putting at least 30 points on the board.

http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...hout-gronk.ece
    Thanks for the article. It matches what I've seen. They seem to want to play a lot of single high and cover 3 to try and get eight people in the box. Projecting us to get 30+ points seems a bit optimistic, though. We've done that exactly once all year. Now suddenly we're going to do it twice in a row? We only did it twice all last year, fwiw.
    No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    talib has been playing hurt...that hip is still an issue...not the same player he was before...
    Nevertheless the Patriots chose to leave him in single coverage on Gordon a lot of the game without safety help. That 80 yard touchdown happened because the safety rotated into the box on the opposite side of the field. That's what created the cavernous running lane.

If the Pats thought he was hobbled why did they do that? It's not like Gordon was some mystery coming into the game. He had just set a record for receiving yards over a three game period.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Nevertheless the Patriots chose to leave him in single coverage on Gordon a lot of the game without safety help. That 80 yard touchdown happened because the safety rotated into the box on the opposite side of the field. That's what created the cavernous running lane.

If the Pats thought he was hobbled why did they do that? It's not like Gordon was some mystery coming into the game. He had just set a record for receiving yards over a three game period.
    they've been leaving him alone a lot...i don't know why...but i don't see the same player i did before the hip...
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    I noticed this as well. Especially when he was trying to chase down Gordon on the long TD. Hopefully if he is locked onto Wallace one on one they put Wallace in motion or use bunch formations to get him a free release off the LOS. You take away Talib's physical advantage at the LOS and Wallace could have a very big day.
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Thanks for the article. It matches what I've seen. They seem to want to play a lot of single high and cover 3 to try and get eight people in the box. Projecting us to get 30+ points seems a bit optimistic, though. We've done that exactly once all year. Now suddenly we're going to do it twice in a row? We only did it twice all last year, fwiw.
    I think it will have to do more with how poorly the Patsies defense is playing than anything else. They haven't really been able to stop anyone lately. I really think the only way the Fins don't score 30+ is if they have a couple costly turnovers. Tannehill and the offensive line have just been playing to well not to expect this kind of output vs. the porous NE defense.

FWIW I also feel that if the Fins do score 30+ they will definitely win the game. If not I think its 50/50.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    If not I think its 50/50.
    Speaking of 50 that is the number of victories that Miami is stuck on in the series against the Patriots, They led the series 50-39 until the Patriots reeled off 7 straight wins. The series is now 50-46 and in danger of turning in the Patriots favor for the 1st time since 1967.

The Patriots had a 7 game streak earlier in the series that started with the AFC championship win that prevented the Marino rematch with 85 Bears. The current steak matches their best on the series. Miami stopped that 7 game streak with a 9 game streak that is the best in the series.

Let's hope we can stop their streak, start our own and end their recent dominance in the series.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I watched the majority of this game on my phone in a car between Austin and Dallas, but it looks like my thoughts/previews ended up pretty accurate. The Patriots schemed to take away Hartline and Clay, and we responded by going to Wallace more. Also, we used outside runs out of base formations and inside runs out of passing formations. The final touchdown came against Dont'e Hightower's coverage.

Defensively we schemed to take away Shane Vereen, as I thought we would/should. I look forward to watching the screen on something bigger than a phone screen, but for now it looks like I had pretty much the right idea. Huzzah!
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17

Well done, man. Well done.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post

Well done, man. Well done.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote