Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Godzilla (2014) trailer

1. -11
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    That is surprising sering as how that used the Spielberg make of monster unveil. Unless it was the pacing at you didn't like.
    I had no problem with the reveal. Or that they took a page from Spielberg in how he revealed Jaws or the Rex for the first time. I guess my problem was how they did the set up of the overall plot and used the characters. I thought Bryan Cranston was wasted and Ken Watanabe's character was kind of useless. Godzilla himself was great to look at and his scenes(though minimal) were good. I just thought the set up was a little poor and the story was lacking a bit.

Perhaps I just had too high of expectations. I myself was surprised that I didn't love it like I thought I would.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    I had no problem with the reveal. Or that they took a page from Spielberg in how he revealed Jaws or the Rex for the first time. I guess my problem was how they did the set up of the overall plot and used the characters. I thought Bryan Cranston was wasted and Ken Watanabe's character was kind of useless. Godzilla himself was great to look at and his scenes(though minimal) were good. I just thought the set up was a little poor and the story was lacking a bit.

Perhaps I just had too high of expectations. I myself was surprised that I didn't love it like I thought I would.
    Fair enough. To be honest no one really gives a **** about the human characters. People want to see the monsters fighting. You could have case anyone in those human roles and this movie would have worked. They do need to learn from this one and give us more monster action in the next one.
    Quote Quote