Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Is this season a bust if we miss the playoffs.

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Its playoffs or bust for this year.

73 50.00%
  • No. I am happy with the progress this team has made. Playoffs or not.

54 36.99%
  • No. But if we miss the playoffs , there needs to be some changes. Coaches and/or GM needs to go.

19 13.01%
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: IF we miss the playoffs this season, would you consider this season a failure?

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91

OPINION IF we miss the playoffs this season, would you consider this season a failure?

Just curious what the consensus of the board feels. IMO i consider this season a success whether we make the playoffs or not. Assuming we at least go 8-8.

There has been a lot of positives to look forward to from this season. We have a lot of young talent who are coming into their own and have become solid players. We have a top 5-8 defense in the league, with an offense that is coming together and a QB who looks to have a very bright future. O-Line is coming together with a few changes and should be much improved going into next season.

We seem to have a pretty solid coaching staff. A GM who is a jerk, but pretty decent at his job, and an Owner willing to spend money.

We should easily have 2 more wins this season... We should have never have lost to Carolina or the Bills. You can also add the Ravens to that list along with the Patriots with help of the refs.

We have only had 1 really bad loss this whole season and that was against New Orleans in one of the hardest stadiums to be a visiting team in the league.

I am optimistic about this team moving forward and i cant wait to see how some more of our young guys develop and see how we improved through FA and the draft.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i would consider it a failure.

we started off 3-0. lost to teams that we r better than, such as the bills with thad lewis starting and the ravens who have not been able to do anything consistently on offense, both at home, lost to the winless bucs at the time, etc.

we started off 3-0 as well. we should have a strong grasp on the 6th seed at minimum , or vying for an afc east title with a chance at a 1st round bye.

the afc is pretty weak this year. we blew some great opportunities.

hopefully in the end we get into the postseason, but if we dont, yes id consider it a failure, considering this team has talent and the afc is not even so good this year.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it would be a season of what could have been...but so much reason for optimism going forward with this qb leading the way...

would be great to play in a week where 3/4 of the league is gone fishing though...and give the qb some valuable playoff experience
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    playoffs or not, 9-7 is my definition of a successful season for year two of this regime.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I think we're gonna be in the post season this year.

So ... Yep, success.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Absolutely! That was the expectation before the season started. We started 3-0. If we miss the playoffs it will be yet another failure.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Gardens
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes. That's the way it should be for every team.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Suffering.............

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Man we have a bunch of dopey fans. 50% are happy even if we miss the playoffs. Playoffs or not there need to be changes.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Gardens
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phishxhead View Post
    Man we have a bunch of dopey fans. 50% are happy even if we miss the playoffs. Playoffs or not there need to be changes.
    It's the suckiness that they fell in love with when they started following the team. It just wouldn't be the Dolphins if they made the playoffs.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phishxhead View Post
    It's the suckiness that they fell in love with when they started following the team. It just wouldn't be the Dolphins if they made the playoffs.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well my explanation is not up there so I would say this season would be a failure because we have blown large leads against NE/Carolina and lost to a 3rd string quarterback and a winless team. I am not really concerned with the Saints loss or Ravens loss and I understand this is a young team but even going 1-3 or 2-2 in those games would have made a HUGE difference. Buffalo and Tampa were games that they absolutely should have won. To me that makes it disappointing and a failure if we do not make the playoffs since the opportunity to do so was pretty easy given all the injuries the pats have endured and a majority of the afc looking average. With all that said, I am very happy with the direction this team is headed with the development of Tanney, Clay stepping up, Brent Grimes and the defense looking good.
    Quote Quote