Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Is this season a bust if we miss the playoffs.

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Its playoffs or bust for this year.

73 50.00%
  • No. I am happy with the progress this team has made. Playoffs or not.

54 36.99%
  • No. But if we miss the playoffs , there needs to be some changes. Coaches and/or GM needs to go.

19 13.01%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: IF we miss the playoffs this season, would you consider this season a failure?

1. -41
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    I agree that it's a good poll but after the way this team started, the couple of losses to bad opponents we took, and the opportunity we have now when it's all on the line... man, I'd be pretty bummed out if we don't find a way to get in.
    Yea but they are losses which SHOULD have been wins. Freak losses that just dont happen. We outplayed these teams. Carolina.. How the **** do they march down the field 4-10 on their own 20? ANd score a TD? **** happens. THe chances of us losing being up against the bills on a strip fumble at the 45 or w.e... **** happens. We totally outplayed the Ravens.. they got lucky late. **** happens.

Pats came back all thanks to the refs and 3 horrible calls. Bullgate going down before we play the Bucs. 5 games that we SHOULD have won... In retrospect... We should be 12-1 right now... 5 turn of events caused us to be where we are at now. I see the potential in this team and they have played well enough to be in EVERY game except for New Orleans.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This season is already a failure. We should've been winning the division and having a Bye.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnieb_23 View Post
    Well my explanation is not up there so I would say this season would be a failure because we have blown large leads against NE/Carolina and lost to a 3rd string quarterback and a winless team. I am not really concerned with the Saints loss or Ravens loss and I understand this is a young team but even going 1-3 or 2-2 in those games would have made a HUGE difference. Buffalo and Tampa were games that they absolutely should have won. To me that makes it disappointing and a failure if we do not make the playoffs since the opportunity to do so was pretty easy given all the injuries the pats have endured and a majority of the afc looking average. With all that said, I am very happy with the direction this team is headed with the development of Tanney, Clay stepping up, Brent Grimes and the defense looking good.
    I say changes need to be made even if they make the playoffs. If I were Ross, I'd focus on finding answers to these questions:

1. Who is ultimately to blame for NOT upgrading the o-line? They looked bad in preseason and at the start of the regular season, so why was nothing done? I know Ireland only brought in cheap Free Agents and a draft pick that can't play. Did the coaching staff demand better players? Why were no changes made to the o-line until after the meeting with Ross? The poor o-line play has led directly to losses, so someone needs to be held accountable for not fixing it.

2. Why did this team dominate the Pats and Panthers in the first half, only to be shut out in the second and lose? It appears that our coaching staff is being out-coached in the second half of nearly every game.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I said at the beginning of the year that I wanted progress. Jury is still out. The last two weeks there has been progress. However, three games are left to determine what this season consists of.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Lets get those balls deep!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phishxhead View Post
    You can argue all you want, it was a bad draft along with million wasted in FA. I'm fine with giving Philbin another year but Ireland has been given more than enough time and has proven his incompetence.
    I don't see our FA's as being all that bad. Gibson was a very good pickup, Clabo has turned it around, Wallace gets a lot of flack, but with a new team, new scheme, a QB that hasn't shown he can throw the long ball consistently, and a terrible o-line for most of the year, I give him a pass. Hell he may still break 1000 yards this season. Not to mention how much it has opened up the middle of the field for our other guys. Ellerbe I'm not sold on, but haven't given up on either, Wheeler might suck but still not positive. Grimes was the FA pickup of the year in the whole league IMO.
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The way I see it; any year the Fins do not win the Super Bowl is a failure.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The team is headed in the right direction but not getting that final wildcard spot in the pitiful AFC is a failure.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its pretty simple if McKinnie would have played all year and Clabo wasn't that terrible in the beginning Miami would be 9-4 easily. also officiating has been atrocious on us all year. Miami has done nice strides toward being a contender.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly Officiating screwed the pats and ravens games, we should have already clinched the 6th spot .
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Considering we can easily make the playoffs if we take care of business and the Ravens make one slip, yes. We have had ample opportunities to make ourselves a front runner for a playoff spot and blew being in the drivers seat from losing games that a contender never should have lost. We also sank a ton of money into improving a roster that went 7-9 last year. Progressing from that while still not getting a playoff spot is a marginal improvement at best and that's simply not good enough, especially after a 3-0 start against tough opponents meant that we only had to win 7 of 13 games to win a race to 10 wins.
    Quote Quote