Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe's calm demeanor keeps Dolphins unified

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Joe's calm demeanor keeps Dolphins unified

Way to go Joe!!

He just stood up there and he told us, ‘Look, they're saying this about me, but I don't care,’ ” cornerback Nolan Carroll recalled last week. “He's telling us, ‘Stick with me; we all have to stay together as a team. They're all going to individually try to separate us, have us all pointing fingers at each other. We can't do that. We have to stick together.’ ”

Philbin, Carroll said, continued: “ ‘We're going to have downs. We're going to have a lot of downs. The key is, in those downs, stick together even more. Be supportive of everybody.’ That's what we did. When I heard that, it made me believe that, ‘Hey, we can get through this.’ ”
    We had to take on an us-against-the-world mentality, because it really was,” receiver Mike Wallace said. “People were really trying to destroy us. They wanted our coaches gone. They wanted our [general manager] gone before letting things play out.

“That's why they're on the outside. We know what we go through when we're together. We know the time everyone puts in, how hard everyone works. Coach Philbin, he's a great coach. We're going to fight for him. I love Coach Philbin as a man. I think he's a stand-up guy, a great guy. We're going to always fight to the end for our coach.”

How is this possible? Because, as Dolphins players will uniformly testify, their coach never changed who he was. Steady Philbin stayed steady Philbin, and his locker room followed his lead

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/12/1...n-keeping.html
    Last edited by gafin; 12-14-2013 at 08:05 PM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Really like where this team is heading.

Joe is a true leader from the Coaching position. Tannehill is becoming a leader from the offensive side of the ball, a real one not just somebody trying to fill that role. Then we have Wake and others on the defensive side of the ball. This team seems to have a very bright future.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great stuff. Great to see the team behind him. I really feel like this team has an identity and some character. It's encouraging.

SCall13, Jr.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SCall13 View Post
    Great stuff. Great to see the team behind him. I really feel like this team has an identity and some character. It's encouraging.
    I agree, I don't recall reading how they felt about him, it's really great to hear.
    Last edited by gafin; 12-14-2013 at 08:48 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    doesn't change the fact he is clueless in a lot of other coaching aspects, guys game management skills and preparation leave a lot to be desired. |I am no on board with this guy and have no love for this clown
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And at some point the team will take on the personality of its coach, and when it has sufficient talent, it'll never get down enough on itself to feel like it's out of a game. They'll have the kind of resilience we've seen in teams like the Patriots during the Brady and Belichick era.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Yippi ka yay mother******!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinswin View Post
    doesn't change the fact he is clueless in a lot of other coaching aspects, guys game management skills and preparation leave a lot to be desired. |I am no on board with this guy and have no love for this clown
    Come on Hayden... you didn't have to start a second account to tell us how you really feel...
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by shouright View Post
    And at some point the team will take on the personality of its coach, and when it has sufficient talent, it'll never get down enough on itself to feel like it's out of a game. They'll have the kind of resilience we've seen in teams like the Patriots during the Brady and Belichick era.
    Holy ****ing ****, shouright posted a comment and it didn't have YPA, correlate or some juvenile riddle in it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinswin View Post
    You have no clue about preperation and game management skills. dont pretend like you do.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Bleed Aqua

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Good to hear about the cohesion of this team. That plays a huge factor in success. I'm loving it, that's for sure. Would like to see the guy make some better on the field decisions though, and also check his offensive coordinator from making bonehead playcalls. but overall, im feeling really good about our team!!!!

We ll the finz were up, but then they let me down... again
    Quote Quote