Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe's calm demeanor keeps Dolphins unified

1. -11
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinswin View Post
    doesn't change the fact he is clueless in a lot of other coaching aspects, guys game management skills and preparation leave a lot to be desired. |I am no on board with this guy and have no love for this clown
    Its called being a 2nd year head coach. He's going to make mistakes thats part of the process. C'mon, you cant expect perfection from a 2nd year head coach.

Same should go for Tannehill as a quarterback - even more so having a low number of starts in college.

This team has a very bright future and its at the perfect time. Maybe Brady isnt declining yet but Tanny will be in this league long after Brady retires and that thought gives me goosebumps.
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well i'm not hayden I joined in 2005, not about to get into a pissing match here with the mindless minion. Joe P is just not a good leader IMO, no intensity allows he team to make the same mistakes week in week out, we have a real problem with KO's but every week same **** thigpen is a bum our St's is horrendous, but keep running that ball out barely get to the 20and if we in some miracle do its only because of a penalty which then is a half the distance. Team comes out flat pretty much every 2nd half, it's tony sparano cam cameron type coach, no killer instinct plays afraid. Allows the OC to call the same vanilla plays every week like who we kidding running out of SG that's a total joke. I was impressed by the Read option play by tanny at pitt and we should exploit more of that. a qb struggling with deep balls a handful of times on third and short decides to huck the ball 30 yards down field and missing badly. I'm not a coach and I see a lot of holes, Philbin just doesn't have what it takes, its almost like he has some kind of learning handicap to be so thoughtless with his management skills.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by shouright View Post
    And at some point the team will take on the personality of its coach, and when it has sufficient talent, it'll never get down enough on itself to feel like it's out of a game. They'll have the kind of resilience we've seen in teams like the Patriots during the Brady and Belichick era.
    I think they have his personality and that is why there is a lack of killer instinct and ability to rise in a big spot.

However, because he is even in his approach, the team has not fallen off after the Martin fiasco.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can keep "thumbs downing me", but until Joe takes the next step and creates game effective plans/strategies, demonstrates the ability to make adjustments and has his team play a FULL 60 minutes, there are going to be questions about him leading this team in the future.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I think they have his personality and that is why there is a lack of killer instinct and ability to rise in a big spot.

However, because he is even in his approach, the team has not fallen off after the Martin fiasco.
    I mean that's certainly a possibility, but then how would you explain the successful teams led by the likes of Mike Holmgren, Bill Walsh, and Bill Belichick. Is there really any objective evidence that Joe Philbin is significantly different, personality-wise, from those kinds of coaches?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiZFiT View Post
    Its called being a 2nd year head coach. He's going to make mistakes thats part of the process. C'mon, you cant expect perfection from a 2nd year head coach.

Same should go for Tannehill as a quarterback - even more so having a low number of starts in college.

This team has a very bright future and its at the perfect time. Maybe Brady isnt declining yet but Tanny will be in this league long after Brady retires and that thought gives me goosebumps.
    Joe better hope the Pats staff goes way with Brady. He has no answer and coaches small.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Joe's calm demeanor keeps them unified. That's the only real positive to this staff. Other than that, it's a terrible gameday coaching staff.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    4th down call by Philbin shows serious balls and wins the game today.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Declaw the Jags

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    At the end of the day...