Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice job by the Miami front office not to reinstate Incognito

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Nice job by the Miami front office not to reinstate Incognito

This isn't about Incognito per se, or whether he deserves to be reinstated or cut or sat.... it's just a prop to the front office for recognizing the development of this team.

I'm a Spur fan, and back in 1995 the infamous Dennis Rodman was leading the league @ 17rebounds/gm when he injured himself in a motorcycle accident (a prohibited activity, but he was never one to let rules bother him). For the first time all season, the Spurs are distraction free and rip off about 15 straight wins heading into playoffs. I prayed they would keep him on bench when he recovered, as JR Reid and Terry Cummings were stepping up big time and the team was jelling. But no, they handed the job back to him and he promptly got a suspension for fighting and during playoffs the punk refused to even get in the huddle with his team. Spurs were bounced by Houston in the semis and I put that totally on the coaches and organization.

What this OL has been able to do is nothing short of amazing- a sub-par line loses two starters and other injuries, and pulls itself together mid-season to right a sinking ship and rally around a young QB who is still learning the ropes and taking a beating. OL is ALL about chemistry, and 'phins seem to have caught lightning in a bottle for probably a number of reasons. These guys DESERVE to finish out this season as a unit, and without worrying about other distractions.

Looks like the Dolphins are about to do the right, smart thing. I think they've done that all season long and I applaud and thank them!

Go 'Phins!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarPhin View Post
    This isn't about Incognito per se, or whether he deserves to be reinstated or cut or sat.... it's just a prop to the front office for recognizing the development of this team.

I'm a Spur fan, and back in 1995 the infamous Dennis Rodman was leading the league @ 17rebounds/gm when he injured himself in a motorcycle accident (a prohibited activity, but he was never one to let rules bother him). For the first time all season, the Spurs are distraction free and rip off about 15 straight wins heading into playoffs. I prayed they would keep him on bench when he recovered, as JR Reid and Terry Cummings were stepping up big time and the team was jelling. But no, they handed the job back to him and he promptly got a suspension for fighting and during playoffs the punk refused to even get in the huddle with his team. Spurs were bounced by Houston in the semis and I put that totally on the coaches and organization.

What this OL has been able to do is nothing short of amazing- a sub-par line loses two starters and other injuries, and pulls itself together mid-season to right a sinking ship and rally around a young QB who is still learning the ropes and taking a beating. OL is ALL about chemistry, and 'phins seem to have caught lightning in a bottle for probably a number of reasons. These guys DESERVE to finish out this season as a unit, and without worrying about other distractions.

Looks like the Dolphins are about to do the right, smart thing. I think they've done that all season long and I applaud and thank them!

Go 'Phins!!
    There's a certain logic to what you say -- and in the case of Rodman, 100 percent true.

However, in this case, there is a huge question of depth on the OL -- especially if Miami does earn the playoffs.

Now, given all that's transpired, maybe you're better off w. a PS player taking a spot that Cogs would occupy (given injury to current OL) -- but it's a toss up.

LD
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It shows 2 things to me the coaches are not good at starting the right players or Ireland was making them play certain players cuz of money or draft status. I remember before the season started all the ppl defending martin saying he's much improved blah blah. And I kept saying martin shouldn't be an nfl player cuz he sucks real bad. It took a scandal to get martin out of miami. Maybe the football gods are helping us get rid of the trash. Adding McKinnie is an obvious upgrade over martin. I was calling to sign this guy in the offseason instead we give a draft pick for him. Ireland blows jeez... Anyways the line is better ATM without incognito and martin. Finally decent line play.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goonies View Post
    It shows 2 things to me the coaches are not good at starting the right players or Ireland was making them play certain players cuz of money or draft status. I remember before the season started all the ppl defending martin saying he's much improved blah blah. And I kept saying martin shouldn't be an nfl player cuz he sucks real bad. It took a scandal to get martin out of miami. Maybe the football gods are helping us get rid of the trash. Adding McKinnie is an obvious upgrade over martin. I was calling to sign this guy in the offseason instead we give a draft pick for him. Ireland blows jeez... Anyways the line is better ATM without incognito and martin. Finally decent line play.
    I think that is pretty obvious by now...at least for those that have eyes to see...
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I do not think Incognito should be in this position. However, if he is brought back he is a distraction and what kind of game shape is he in? He probably has to stay away.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goonies View Post
    or Ireland was making them play certain players cuz of money or draft status
    No truer words were ever spoken...
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My bet would be on him not coming back. Stephen Ross is a jewish billionaire. He has been embarrassed by the incident and probably wants to move on (and the team is playing better without him)
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarPhin View Post

Go 'Phins!!
    What this tells me is that Jonathan Martin was only starting because he was a relatively high draft pick i.e. they were giving him every opportunity to grow into the position (many teams do that) and not because he was one of the best OT's on the team. Incognito was a good run blocker, but was a liability in pass protection. We are actually better because McKinnie is better than Martin and Clabo appears to have fully recovered from last season's injury. Brenner has also given the O-line more versatility because he is a better pass protector and can pull.
    [SIGPIC]The cynic knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing
    -Oscar Wilde
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    No truer words were ever spoken...
    You assume Ireland determines who starts. That is usually a coaching decision. Many coaches play the high draft picks until it is evident they aren't going to develop. I don't know of any GM who dictates to the HC who the starters are. I don't think any HC would tolerate working conditions like that.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What does the fact that Ross is jewish have to do with anything?
    Quote Quote