Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And some people here want Philbin fired?

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

FIST PUMP TAG And some people here want Philbin fired?

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/12/1...n-keeping.html
    I for one would like some stability in this organization and keep the staff together. Players respect the coaches on this team. Who cares what outsiders say! We haven't had a stable franchise since coach Shula and it has shown. Some people are too quick to want someone fired because we need instant gratification. It takes time for teams to find the right mixture to mature! I feel Philbin is on the verge of something great here in Miami!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I like him, but he has made some pretty glaring mistakes.

Some of the "Fire him" stuff comes from frustration. There is something to be said for "growing as a head coach," but the clock management at the end of the half last Sunday had me screaming at my pixel feed on my computer.
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Lil Qweezy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't want to get rid of him, but there is certainly room for improvement. His clock management is suspect.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have to admit that he did a very nice job keeping this team together after the Martin fiasco. However, I still hate his lack of half time adjustments and the fact he brought in mike Sherman.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by AZStryker View Post
    I have to admit that he did a very nice job keeping this team together after the Martin fiasco. However, I still hate his lack of half time adjustments and the fact he brought in mike Sherman.
    He is on the spot today to have his team ready and the ability to make adjustments on the fly. Let's see where these articles are at the end of today.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I want him fired, along with Sherman. I want him fired because he hired Sherman. I want him fired because his offense is easily countered and shut down at times. However, I will give him some credit for keeping Miami in the playoff race so far. But, if they end up 8-8 or worse, then I want him fired.

Actually, the only way that I'd keep Philbin is if he brings in a new OC with a better offensive philosophy. Hire someone who knows how to utilize Wallace's talents, can make in-game adjustments, and knows how to get a first down and kill the clock by running the ball... in other words, an offense that is the opposite of Philbin's!

In the previous game against NE, Miami had more on-field talent, but lost the game because Philbin and Sherman's offense were shut out in the second half. They can't let that happen again! The playoffs go through NE, and if this coaching staff can't figure out how to beat them with superior talent, then they're not the right staff for this team.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    dolphin fans have no vision. They only look at the result and determine you are a loser. One must wait until you get a full 3 years to build your team. There is no indication that this team is falling apart, in fact, its coming together moreso than just about any other team in the league.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Mistakes are going to occur when dealing with a 2nd year head coach. Improvement is what you want to see. And i've seen then from the hard knock days til now.
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    NFLN and Saap and Irving were just touting about how Philbin turned this team into a real family while cutting out the cancer.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

And some people here want Philbin fired?

I will admit that I was surprised that the team held it together after the Buccs loss. Got to credit Philbin for that...

That being said, Philbin leaves a lot to be desired as a game day coach...
    FIRE FAILBIN

**If the Dolphins make the playoffs, this sig will become HIRE PHILWIN**
    Quote Quote