Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 91011121314

Thread: You know who you are. Time to eat your crow and man up.

1. -131
    Where is the reset button?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawledge View Post
    id love to see some tanny haters eat some crow. Theyre quick to pick apart one overthrow in a game but they wont come on here saying how Tannehill led us down the field to the game winning td in the biggest game weve played in about 4 years.
    I have maintained that notion the entire time. I've always said this kid is pretty much the real deal but won't elevated his game fully until he finds a way to build a better rapport with Wallace. Oline aside, he needs to fix his timing, mechanics, sun in his eyes, farting while throwing, whatever to hit wallace in stride when he embarrasses a db. I don't have the concrete numbers but I would guess Tannehill has hit less than 10% of his throws to Wallace in stride this year. So what's the big deal, his completion percentage is in line with the rest of the league. While true, that doesn't take into consideration other variables needed for a completion that falls on the wideout. Simply put, there are points being left on the field that great teams find a way to make and repeatedly. Let's get to that level.
    Quote Quote  

2. -132
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    most of the people this thread was directed at aren't even around today, they only show up after losses

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BGtoKNfor6 View Post
    I have maintained that notion the entire time. I've always said this kid is pretty much the real deal but won't elevated his game fully until he finds a way to build a better rapport with Wallace. Oline aside, he needs to fix his timing, mechanics, sun in his eyes, farting while throwing, whatever to hit wallace in stride when he embarrasses a db. I don't have the concrete numbers but I would guess Tannehill has hit less than 10% of his throws to Wallace in stride this year. So what's the big deal, his completion percentage is in line with the rest of the league. While true, that doesn't take into consideration other variables needed for a completion that falls on the wideout. Simply put, there are points being left on the field that great teams find a way to make and repeatedly. Let's get to that level.
    I've tried looking for tannehills deep ball completions/attempts...I couldn't find them anywhere.
    Quote Quote  

3. -133
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can someone post WV's apology about Tannehill being a bust? I looked through all the pages and didn't see it. I mean, it has to be here somewhere, right?
    Quote Quote  

4. -134
    Where is the reset button?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawledge View Post
    most of the people this thread was directed at aren't even around today, they only show up after losses

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

I've tried looking for tannehills deep ball completions/attempts...I couldn't find them anywhere.

The NFL doesn't keep ball placement stats so it's irrelevant. I am hoping with another offseason that they can build better rapport and fix this issue. I think his coaches telling him to just rip the ball speaks volumes about this. If you see the db up on wallace in zone coverage, just let the ball rip and let wallace go and get it. I would rather see overthrows than underthrows at this point. If the db is playing off wallace 7-10 yards then just audible to a curl and hit him for 10 yards all day long. It could really be that easy with wallace, especially with Hartline coming into his own and the emergence of Charles Clay.
    Quote Quote  

5. -135
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BGtoKNfor6 View Post
    The NFL doesn't keep ball placement stats so it's irrelevant. I am hoping with another offseason that they can build better rapport and fix this issue. I think his coaches telling him to just rip the ball speaks volumes about this. If you see the db up on wallace in zone coverage, just let the ball rip and let wallace go and get it. I would rather see overthrows than underthrows at this point. If the db is playing off wallace 7-10 yards then just audible to a curl and hit him for 10 yards all day long. It could really be that easy with wallace, especially with Hartline coming into his own and the emergence of Charles Clay.
    I think someone here posted stats for tannehill (comp/art) with the ball traveling in the air like 30+ yds or something. I know they don't keep placement stats.
    Quote Quote  

6. -136
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehuty13 View Post
    Can someone post WV's apology about Tannehill being a bust? I looked through all the pages and didn't see it. I mean, it has to be here somewhere, right?
    WV is excused as far as I'm concerned, he can't be eating crow for every single crazy notion that gets into his head, he needs to eat and sleep and do real life stuff, too. I mean, really.
    Why so gloomy?
    Quote Quote  

7. -137
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I guess I'm one of the "bradys" who won't hide. Say I'm not a real fan, but Tannehill still has a very long way to go in order to become elite, and I don't see that happening. He's alright. He's solid. He's not the superstar so many desperately want him to be.

edit: "Haters", eh? Well that's childish.
    Quote Quote  

8. -138
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oronde View Post
    I guess I'm one of the "bradys" who won't hide. Say I'm not a real fan, but Tannehill still has a very long way to go in order to become elite, and I don't see that happening. He's alright. He's solid. He's not the superstar so many desperately want him to be.

You could be right but let's give him some actual weapons and then we will see if he's elite or not. I believe that he is one of the most hamstrung QB's in the league, with a lousy oline, an average coordinator, no seam TE (clay is a hybrid hback/FB), no running game and no red zone threat, but yet he has this team on the brink on the playoffs in his 2nd year. He has directed game winning drives the last two weeks, against two very good teams in difficult conditions, with one of the highest QB ratings in the league this week. He is top 10 in most of the statisical passing categories and has the team at 8-6 with a three game winning streak. Could an average QB do that? I maintain with all the average QB's we've had since Dan, that the answer is a definitive no! We are very forunate that he survived the first half of the season and I am so excited to see him grow. The curse is over.
    Quote Quote  

9. -139
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oronde View Post

no more childish than half the crap you're typing. the term itself is rather childish. I'm not surprised you insist on using it.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

10. -140
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 08:36 PM from CalDolFan10x14
    Quote Originally Posted by cold blue fin View Post
    Nope. They won't show up. They will just change their names and pretend to be Tannehill fans from day one.
    What's up, Jim?
    Quote Quote