Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Members banned from this thread: nyjunc

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Tannehils Last 5 (The True Definition of a Franchise QB)

1. -121
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Read first sentence two posts above.
    Not sure what you are referring to. The Dalton reference?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

2. -122
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Not sure what you are referring to. The Dalton reference?
    No. "Why do you even bother"
    Quote Quote  

3. -123
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    No. "Why do you even bother"
    Oh. True to that. Got caught up.
    Quote Quote  

4. -124
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    yeah but the offense being so timing based doesnt lead itself to intuitiveness...you've even said so yourself...so is that the qbs fault or mean he can't do it??? i don't think so

and tannehill has been leading mathews especially on some of those vertical routes from the slot to the sideline...gibby was not used the same way...ran more east and west routes

i get the scramble thing in say a 3 step drop and its not there got to learn to get out and take what they give you with your legs but these things take reps and we are seeing some of it now...remember this kids working on his 4th year as a starter college and pros...
    We're in danger of being in violent agreement here....

I agree with just about everything you said. I think he always had anticipation of a certain variety, but the intuitiveness and poise that he showed in the Pats game are newly emerging traits. If you said to me you had already seen plenty of evidence of that, I wouldn't argue against you. I hadn't, though. There was a definite level of poise there that was new to my eyes. He floated in some beautiful balls to his receivers in a way that made you believe he was controlling the chess pieces on the board rather than hitting his progression. The floated ball to Matthews was beautiful, the other to Matthews where he toe-tapped it on the sideline was also dropped in there. The TD pass to Thigpen was a nice touch pass.

He still needs better awareness of when to scramble. One of his sacks actually pleased me because he was looking for an escape route before it was too late, just didn't get fully away. His usual trick was just to curl in a ball and hit the deck (which given his fumble issue earlier in the season is maybe fair enough).

You see a QB like Wilson who has a height disadvantage, isn't maybe as polished a QB as Tannehill in terms of accuracy and reading his progressions. He has Lynch and a great offense to lean on. There are reasons to think Wilson may not turn into an elite QB, which are valid. But what's great about Wilson is he finds a way, despite his limitations. He makes the play when the team needs him to make it.

We're starting to see that Tannehill (with no such physical limitations and fewer crutches to lean on) is beginning to find a way. He's beginning to trust his instinct and ability and then act on it. I firmly believe the WCO is a hindrance in this because it conditions you to be a robot (though it does teach QBs precision and mechanics), but even within the WCO there should be room for a QB to wing it in order to find a way. I hope Tannehill continues to create that room for himself. If he does, he has a shot at being elite. If he doesn't, he could join the ranks of the Schaubs and Ryans and Alex Smiths and Palmers of the league who flirt with greatness by having periods of efficiency and productivity, but who ultimately find their level some way below that.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

5. -125
    I love lamp

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    you are getting ahead of yourself, we'll see. we have been dominated by an all time great in Brady and Ryan will obviously never be half the QB Brady is so we'll deal w/ it.
    i'm smelling a double standard here

OMG... Horrible

Quote Quote  

6. -126
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ryan tannehill and andy dalton are nothing alike...i don't get that one at all...dalton wishes he was that talented...frankly dalton is just not very good...but he's propped up by serious talent around him...

i'd be upset if that was my qb
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

7. -127
    I love lamp

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    ryan tannehill and andy dalton are nothing alike...i don't get that one at all...dalton wishes he was that talented...frankly dalton is just not very good...but he's propped up by serious talent around him...

Dalton's throwing motion reminds me of a catapult. coincidentally, they are about equally accurate.
    Quote Quote  

8. -128

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greasyObnoxious View Post
    Dalton's throwing motion reminds me of a catapult. coincidentally, they are about equally accurate.
    he's got an average arm...and like i said prior way too much aj green tunnel vision...misses guys all the time with great looks...that talent around him is sick...really is
    Quote Quote  

9. -129
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Totally. I'd say the closest QB to Tannehill in terms of type of player is maybe Eli. I'm not talking specifically about last week's 4-pick Eli, in case anyone's getting upset at that comparison.

If Tannehill's upward trajectory continued all the way to the peak of the game (big IF), I could see him topping out as an Aaron Rodgers style player.
    Quote Quote  

10. -130

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    Totally. I'd say the closest QB to Tannehill in terms of type of player is maybe Eli. I'm not talking specifically about last week's 4-pick Eli, in case anyone's getting upset at that comparison.

If Tannehill's upward trajectory continued all the way to the peak of the game (big IF), I could see him topping out as an Aaron Rodgers style player.
    and i say it's tom brady with better legs...he reads the field presnap like tom brady...reminds me so much of him although tannehills ahead of bradys development in year 2 imo
    Quote Quote