Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top three needs for all 32 teams. nfl.com

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ConvenientTruth View Post
    I don't see WR as a need early in the draft....Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Matthews, and Clay all work well with Tannehill....

I would however like to see them bring in a Seem TE to compliment the group....someone that can be the teams Gronk or Jimmy, Clay is fantastic, but another Red Zone guy can't hurt.

Obviously OL which can be attacked in Free Agency and the Draft, but I do like some of the players on the squad, but overall we need more talent.

LB really needs to be upgraded....I can't see this team going into next season with Wheeler as a starter....he may be paid like one, but dude is a liability.
    I agree we need an upgrade at LB, but the cap hit ($10.6 million in dead money) is too big to cut Wheeler this offseason, and we won't be paying him $6.4 million next year to ride the pine. IMHO our lb unit is set next year whether we like it or not at Misi, Ellerbe, and Wheeler. You are spot on with your analysis at WR and TE.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1016 View Post
    What is the cap hit on cutting Wheeler after 1 year?
    Dead money would be $10.6 million. Cap hit would be $6.4 million for 2014 alone, with another $4.2 million left over the final 3 years of the deal. IMHO it's best to assume he's a starting LB for us in 2014. We are going to have to take our lumps with him as a bad signing.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Given how we like to take our time building up players before they see playing time, I'd be pulling the trigger on an LB this offseason. We'd then be grooming him for 2015. Severe lack of instinct between Ellerbe, Wheeler and Misi. Personally, I like Yawin Smallwood of UConn a lot, if he declares. I'm not sure I'd be spending my first rounder on Mosely, but a late second or third on Smallwood would be a good call. (Edit: seems he has declared)

We could also be grooming an instinctual safety, not the bottom of the draft scrubs like Don Jones, but a high calibre guy. I would love Calvin Pryor of Louisville, also if he comes out early. He'd be a second rounder.

If by some miracle Jeff Ireland were prepared to overlook RB Isaiah Crowell's very dubious past and draft him, I think we'd have the steal of the draft. But that will be somebody else's pleasure.

There are a ton of good WRs in this draft. Please, for once, let us pull the trigger on one.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    We could also be grooming an instinctual safety, not the bottom of the draft scrubs like Don Jones, but a high calibre guy. I would love Calvin Pryor of Louisville, also if he comes out early. He'd be a second rounder.

If by some miracle Jeff Ireland were prepared to overlook RB Isaiah Crowell's very dubious past and draft him, I think we'd have the steal of the draft. But that will be somebody else's pleasure.
    Crowell is a can't miss in round 4 and lower imo.
    I like Brooks from FSU at FS.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    Dead money would be $10.6 million. Cap hit would be $6.4 million for 2014 alone, with another $4.2 million left over the final 3 years of the deal. IMHO it's best to assume he's a starting LB for us in 2014. We are going to have to take our lumps with him as a bad signing.
    if those numbers are correct i would agree...another year of the predator blowing clean to the ball opportunities in the run game...love it
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Our top three needs:

1. LT
    2. DT
    3. TE

I don't see how a RB is on our top three needs.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Phish Phan In Philly

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Jeremy Hill - RB
    Can he even come out this year? I thought he was a true soph
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I agree with this totally.

I am not down on Miller, but I would like a veteran RB to play off him. I am willing to see what DT has in his last year of his deal.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ProStyle View Post
    Crowell is a can't miss in round 4 and lower imo.
    I like Brooks from FSU at FS.
    There's no way Crowell won't be successful in the NFL if he keeps his nose clean and his glove compartment empty of illegal firearms.

The other safety I like a lot is Deone Bucannon of Washington St.. Either of Pryor or Bucannon would be a huge addition to the secondary in terms of play diagnostics and instinct.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XxFiN FaNxX View Post
    Can he even come out this year? I thought he was a true soph
    Yeah, he can.

Although just a true sophomore, he is eligible for the 2014 NFL Draft because he is three years removed from high school. He sat out the 2011 season while dealing with legal issues from another arrest.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...2014-nfl-draft
    Quote Quote