Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'll be on a cruise this weekend. Help please....

1. -21
    Pirate Lacrosse King

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I used to work for RCCL and have been stuck going on cruises for work during the season. I also boarded a cruise the day of the panthers game this year.

I tried to watch the game on my phone with 4g and guess what? Sunday ticket on mobile devices uses the GPS to block you from locally broadcast games. A laptop with an ip for the ship... Who knows where that will be geolocated.

If the game isn't on the 1 football channel, you are pretty much screwed. The wifi connection on ships is great now, but the bandwidth is terrible. The whole ship is serviced by satellite. And, only a small slice of the satellite bandwidth is available to guests.

I used to have access to the corporate side of the network and I could barely watch a YouTube video.

I would be shocked if you could watch the game effectively on the ship. I've tried it and only been frustrated.

My suggestion is to bring a radio and listen to the broadcast.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I never plan anything that will interfere with Miami Dolphin games. NEVER!

My wife knows this too. Make a plan during a game, plan to go alone. I did make an exception a couple weeks ago when a close relative died and I had to drive to Florida for the funeral. I found the local radio station that had the game on and listened to it.
    Maybe the Op can listen to the game instead of watching it?

I have never been on a cruise ship, so I know nothing about their internet capabilities. But I do know if you have DirectV and the Sunday Ticket / with device access, you can watch any game in the continental US. Isn't Wifi, Wifi?
    Whats the difference between wifi on the open ocean and wifi in your hotel room? I know I can watch the game in a hotel room with the Ticket.
    Quote Quote