Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How high is Tannehill's ceiling?

1. -21
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Well if I had his kind of money, I would get one of those homes with the really high ceilings. With all of that square footage and having it built the way you like it, why not? Im really tall so I like plenty of space when I move around. Just guessing but, I would say his ceiling is at least 12 ft in his living room.
    There's still room on the bandwagon.

I know you jumped off and then started shooting the bandwagon with a shotgun...but it rolls on.
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A multiple-time super bowl champion.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ceiling? Sistine Chapel, Baby!
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NF, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If he wins us a super bowl he enters into a special group of ppl that includes wade and riles.

His ceiling is whatever he wants it to be.
    Taylor got the final word. As he walked past the Jets' locker room after the game, he yelled, "It's like a damn graveyard here. ... Talk about that for two weeks" - a reference to the Jets' bye
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When he was drafted, I thought he would fall somewhere between Tony Romo and Aaron Rodgers. I'm not sure he quite gets to Rodgers' level, but he has some of the same qualities.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Juck the Fets

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    If he masters the deep ball, unlimited.

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phindog View Post
    If you weren't seeing the steps forward the last 7 weeks you weren't looking.The last 5 were larger steps.

They started after the last pats loss and went up hill till the last Pats win.
    So, for everyone's education...please enlighten us with exactly what steps forward you have been seeing.
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus45 View Post
    Manningesque if you give him 12 more years.
    OMG, that's asking a lot, they ran Peyton Manning out, and Manning is having his best years yet. The Colts were positioning for the future, so let me ask you guys this.

Did the Colts make a horrible mistake, especially if Manning wins another Super Bowl.

If Peyton Manning wins a another Super Bowl, as a starter- for a different team, he would without a doubt have to go down as the greatest QB of all time.

Marino was a rare breed, so is Brady and OMG, so is Peyton Manning.

12 years is a long time, and as Jerry Glanville once said, NFL stands for "Not-For-Long". If you're not producing by 4-5 years , you're probably not going to last much longer.

Tom Brady is winning with trash receivers.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is the intriguing question. When the background is very unusual, my theory is to ignore the playing characteristics and conclude that there were reasons for the detours, and the raves will fall short. It works the majority of the time. That's the way I think, to quickly identify the majority outcome, without much stress or subjectivity or second guessing. Others prefer to look at each case individually.

I didn't like the background of Tannehill or Weeden in that draft. When a guy has a strange history I don't mind taking him at a value spot but not premium. I always cringe when draftniks ignore that a guy is 26 or 28 years old or whatever and projected to the first round. That's fine with special cases like Roger Staubach or David Robinson but otherwise you are just asking to be burned.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    This is the intriguing question. When the background is very unusual, my theory is to ignore the playing characteristics and conclude that there were reasons for the detours, and the raves will fall short. It works the majority of the time. That's the way I think, to quickly identify the majority outcome, without much stress or subjectivity or second guessing. Others prefer to look at each case individually.

I didn't like the background of Tannehill or Weeden in that draft. When a guy has a strange history I don't mind taking him at a value spot but not premium. I always cringe when draftniks ignore that a guy is 26 or 28 years old or whatever and projected to the first round. That's fine with special cases like Roger Staubach or David Robinson but otherwise you are just asking to be burned.
    To be fair Russell Wilson had a strange history too, by your standards. The flirtation with baseball and the height, for example, were both oddities. I've seen you post many times that people rarely become special if they're waffling about what they want to be so late in life. And how many quarterbacks that height have we seen come in and succeed?

The problem is you don't get to draft a hundred quarterbacks the way you get to make a hundred bets so you can't afford to be so broad. You only get a few chances. The only guy who fit all the criteria was Luck, and he went #1, as will just about every quarterback who comes down the pipe with that kind of resume.

Quote Quote