Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 70

Thread: How high is Tannehill's ceiling?

  1. -41
    Shouright's Avatar
    FinHeaven Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    15,064
    vCash:
    1543
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Al13 View Post
    well you have to move over to another forum....to see
    Copy and paste.

    Oh, and provide the link, too, if you would.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    Al13's Avatar
    Dont mess with Clint

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    4,966
    vCash:
    2253
    Loc:
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shouright View Post
    Copy and paste.

    Oh, and provide the link, too, if you would.
    well obviously the word "bust" was to strong you never said that or i didn't catch it, but you also never really chose a side, drafting weeden was your thing, always trying to save face by saying tannehill could be the guy....BUT......as always there is a BUT with you.....
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    Shouright's Avatar
    FinHeaven Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    15,064
    vCash:
    1543
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Al13 View Post
    well obviously the word "bust" was to strong you never said that or i didn't catch it, but you also never really chose a side, drafting weeden was your thing, always trying to save face by saying tannehill could be the guy....BUT......as always there is a BUT with you.....
    I tend not to choose a side when the matter revolves around predicting the future, since I'm acutely aware of my limitations in that regard.

    However, I was kind enough to put together the following analyses, both of which favor Tannehill in terms of prediction:

    http://www.finheaven.com/showthread....-QB&highlight=

    http://www.finheaven.com/showthread....-II&highlight=
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    2,200
    vCash:
    9585
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketex View Post
    LD, your modesty is only matched by your good looks. Michelangelo spent over 4 years on his back (1508 -1512) painting the Sistine Chapel ceiling (the Cardinals need something to inspire them when they look to the heavens when electing each new pontiff). BTW Vaark is our Raphael.
    lol, nice!

    LD
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    nick1's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    11,674
    vCash:
    11101
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think you can see his potential, during AFC playbook last night they said Tannehill looked more like Brady then Brady did in our game last week. he's different from Brady in one regard, Brady shys away from contact, if hes about to get hit he throws an inaccurate pass to avoid the hit. Tannehill stands tall and delivers a strike. the book has always been if you get to Brady you can rattle him
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    claytonduper's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    414
    vCash:
    1934
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    One huge factor in his ceiling will be his health. We must get better with the O-line and running game next year so we can reduce his sacks and hits by 60%. Otherwise, forget that ceiling.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    NBP81's Avatar
    Yippi ka yay mother******!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    3,178
    vCash:
    4609
    Loc:
    montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by shouright View Post
    Another "Rorschach" thread. "Please, give me your opinion on something with a great deal of ambiguity, that no one can possibly know with great certainty."

    Unsurprisingly, the strongest predictor of the nature of the response is the depth of one's emotional investment in the Miami Dolphins, which of course there is no shortage of on this site.

    Consequently, it becomes a "tell me what I'd like to hear" thread, in which people get some sort of "confirmation" of what they'd like to believe from other like-minded individuals, all the while ignoring the objective evidence available.

    I believe you'll find this same thing going on in just about any church this Sunday. It's called "religion."
    Well this is a Miami Dolphins message board, what would you expect... Anyone on here could open one of your threads and complain about another mathematics related thread... And to be honest, the way you invest yourself into all those statistics, I`d say your just as much a believer as anybody here(just not about this certain player but football in general), just in a different way...
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    D0lphan72's Avatar
    Hokies class of 2016

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2009
    Posts:
    1,854
    vCash:
    2295
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ford LogoDolphins HomerTannehill 17Snakes!Xbox Logo
    I've never been in his house, so I'm not quite sure.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    rent this space's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,368
    vCash:
    9057
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shouright View Post
    Another "Rorschach" thread. "Please, give me your opinion on something with a great deal of ambiguity, that no one can possibly know with great certainty."

    Unsurprisingly, the strongest predictor of the nature of the response is the depth of one's emotional investment in the Miami Dolphins, which of course there is no shortage of on this site.

    Consequently, it becomes a "tell me what I'd like to hear" thread, in which people get some sort of "confirmation" of what they'd like to believe from other like-minded individuals, all the while ignoring the objective evidence available.

    I believe you'll find this same thing going on in just about any church this Sunday. It's called "religion."
    Problem is, your "objective evidence" only shows you the past. You will never see the future in a box score
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    Shouright's Avatar
    FinHeaven Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    15,064
    vCash:
    1543
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    Problem is, your "objective evidence" only shows you the past. You will never see the future in a box score
    And where should we look to see the future?

    I submit that this is about the best we're going to do:

    http://www.finheaven.com/showthread....-QB&highlight=

    http://www.finheaven.com/showthread....-II&highlight=
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 103
    Last Post: 11-25-2013, 10:19 PM
  2. Jay Glazer on Sedano Show: Ireland high on Tannehill LAST YEAR
    By SkapePhin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 09:43 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 10:40 PM
  4. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 12:20 AM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 06:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •