Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: 2014 NFL Draft Prospects

Threaded View

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks

16.RB Carlos Hyde, Ohio St. 6'0" 235

Hyde was accused of assaulting a woman, and he was suspended from all team activities immediately. It had been initially reported that the starting back was kicked off the team, but the Buckeyes took a wait-and-see approach.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...hats-up-to-you

12/03/13 - 2013 BIG TEN AMECHE-DAYNE RUNNING BACK OF THE YEAR: Carlos Hyde, Ohio State...Hyde was named the Big Ten's Ameche-Dayne Running Back of the Year. The senior from Naples, Fla., leads the Big Ten in rushing with 143.3 yards per game along with 14 touchdowns, including 156.1 yards per game in Big Ten play. Hyde, who has rushed for 589 yards and seven touchdowns in the last three contests, also was named first-team all-conference by both the coaches and the media.

With 1,290 yards, he became the first running back for an Urban Meyer-coached team to rush for 1,000 yards in a season. He rushed for at least 100 yards in each of the last seven games, including two 200-yard performances. - Ohio State football
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2014&genpos=RB
    Carlos Hyde Scouting Report

Power ~ Awesome. Hyde is a Battering, Bruising Beast.

Acceleration ~ Excellent.

Agility ~ Outstanding. I have to keep reminding myself that he weighs 230 or so. He JitterBugs, Cuts, Slashes, and Ricochets like a man 30 Pounds lighter. His Fluidity is sweet, and'is Ricochet out'f'is Breaks is outstanding.

Processing Speed ~ Tremendous. Such things are always inferred, of course ~ I'm not a Mind Reader!! ~ but the way that Mister Hyde consistently hits his Cuts exhibits tremendous Field Vision: He Sees What Will Be.

Blocking ~ Heh. You know, he kinda sucks at Blocking, and I saw several spectacular Misses...Yet I have to say: He commands exceptional Potential in that Aspect of the Game. Hyde is possessed of phenomenal Core Power and an utterly ferocious Temperament. He is a Savage, and with the right Coaching, could become extraordinary.

Receiving ~ He's developing into a potentially very effective Outlet Receiver, this Year.

Carlos Hyde Prospectus
    Beastocity Alert!!

Excessive Beastocity @ the 2:45 Mark of Ohio State's Battle with the Iowa HawkEyes!!

I'm concerned about Carlos Hyde's Stone Fingers and Psychotic Blocking ~ I'm reading Praise on both from others, so maybe they're privy to more Tape than I ~ but he took an enormous leap Forward, this Year, and has become an explosive, dangerous Threat...and I think that with Coaching he's going to become a phenomenal Blocker.

And I'm exaggerating about the Stone Fingers: He is raw and inconsistent, but has flashed considerably improved Hands as a Receiver, this Year, and projects to become a solid Outlet Receiver, I believe.

Carlos Hyde, it seems to me, is a Rarity: A Power Runner with exceptional Agility.

He is a constant threat to blast right through the Heart of a Defense on every single Play...And yet a legitimate Threat to Flip Hips and Surge into The Open. The combination can be destructive.

Add in his relentless Ferocity and raw Capacity as a Blocker, and his burgeoning Capacity as a Receiver, and I would say that Mister Hyde's presence on the Field gives his Team equally attractive options in either the Passing or the Running Game. That makes him a very dangerous 3 Down Back...and a formidable Adversary.

Thanks, as always, to the extraordinary Work by the men of Draft BreakDown!!
    Beast ~ SemiSleeper!!
    Consensus Market Value

3rd-4th Round

Yankee Market Value

2nd Round
    http://www.fanaticalyankee.com/6/pos...nfl-draft.html
    Last edited by DKphin; 03-12-2014 at 08:50 PM.
    Quote Quote