I’ll talk a little bit about some underrated Seniors that I feel warrant anywhere from mid-late round grades, to UDFA status. Some of 'em 99% of people have never even heard of... much less seen. However, I think these are just a few at each position that I believe could outperform their draft positioning, whether it's as a mid-later rounder or UDFA. A lot of 'em I've already mentioned back in the summer and prior to the season in my 2014 Senior thread.
1. Keith Wenning / Ball St. - I think he has starting potential at the next level.
2. Jeff Mathews / Cornell - Small school, bad team, huge arm, good mobility. Asked to carry his offense week in and weekout.
1. Sirgregory Thornton / Arkansas St. - Surely a UDFA. Doesn’t get many carries for some reason behind Michael Gordon, and former Tennessee transfer David Oku. Averaged over 8 yards per carry as a Junior in Gus Malzahn’s offense during his brief stint with the RedWolves. Averages nearly 7 yards per carry for his career…. Solidly built at 5’11”, 215 pounds.
2. Vintavious Cooper / East Carolina – Excellent receiver out of the backfield.
3. Carlton Koonce / Fordham
4. Marcus Washington / Nicholls St. – Was lost for season in October with a knee injury, but another small school back with excellent size. One of the best pass catching backs out of the backfield that I’ve seen this year. Caught 11 passes for 92 yards out of the backfield against a top-5 Oregon team to open the season.
5. Branden Oliver / Buffalo – Built like a fire hydrant. Workhorse for MAC team….even against big time (SEC, etc.) competition. Reminds me a little bit of Bobby Rainey coming out of Western Kentucky.
6. James Sims / Kansas – Led Big-12 in rushing this year. Finished second in the Big-12 in rushing only behind Joseph Randle last year as a Junior.
7. Waymon James / TCU – Dismissed from team for breaking team rules earlier this season. Suffered season ending knee injury last year in the third game of the season. Has been the most talented back on TCU’s roster since he arrived on campus in my opinion.
1. Alex Amidon / Boston College
2. Bernard Reedy / Toledo
3. Eric Thomas / Troy
4. Albert Wilson / Georgia St.
5. Isaiah Burse / Fresno St.
6. Brelan Chancellor / North Texas – Does it all for the Mean Green. Has a chance to make it as a slot receiver at the next level. Go back to his Junior film from last year against LSU… smoked Eric Reid in single coverage for over 28 yards/catch and 2 touchdowns.
7. Jeff Janis / Saginaw Valley St. – Looks like Jordy Nelson 2.0
8. Kofi Hughes / Indiana
9. Kevin Norwood / Alabama – Most clutch receiver we’ve had since Julio. Always the most prepared, and shows his best when given the opportunity in the biggest games against the best competition.
10. Bennie Fowler / Michigan St.
11. Chandler Jones / San Jose St. – One of David Fales’ favorite targets. Hauled in 26 touchdown receptions over the past 2 seasons.
1. Justin Jones / East Carolina
2. Arthur Lynch / Georgia
3. Crockett Gillmore / Colorado St.
4. Ted Bolser / Indiana
1. Bryce Quigley / San Diego St. – Former TE. Extremely athletic. Upside.
1. Mason Walters / Texas – Experienced technician. Knows what he’s doing. Watch the Longhorns run power right behind him time and time again.
1. Jonatthan Harrison / Florida
1. Nikita Whitlock / Wake Forest – Undersized. Absolute disruptive force lined up as a “0”. Joy to watch.
2. Brent Urban / Virginia – Opposite of Whitlock in that his body is a prototype. Bats down passes like J.J. Watt at the line of scrimmage…..not nearly that caliber of player or pass rusher though.
1. Larry Webster / Bloomsburg – NFL bloodlines…father is former NFL player Larry Webster Sr. Has the length that the NFL loves in pass rushers at 6’6”, 240pounds. Rushes from a 2 point stance, and with hand on the ground alternating between 6/7 techniques. Tremendous athlete….was named PSAC East DPOY in basketball for the 2011-2012 season, the first year of the award. Also played TE.
2. Chidera Uzo-Diribe / Colorado – Only player I see that can play defense for Colorado. Has forced 9 fumbles, 30.5 TFL’s, and 18.5 sacks as a weakside terror.
3. Walker May / Vanderbilt – I’ve watched him since he was in high school here for Briarwood Christian.
4. Shaquil Barrett / Colorado St.
5. J.R. Collins / Virginia Tech
6. Kasim Edebali / Boston College
1. Eddie Lackey / Baylor – One of the kids I’ve previously mentioned prior to the season in my 2014 Senior thread. Just intercepted a Blake Bortles pass in the Fiesta Bowl as I typed this…..
2. D.D. Lattimore / South Florida
3. Jack Tyler / Virginia Tech – Former walk-on that is always one of the best ILB’s I see on film.
4. Avery Williamson / Kentucky
1. Marcus Williams / North Dakota St.
2. Pierre Desir / Lindenwood
3. Ricardo Allen / Purdue
1. Tre Boston / North Carolina
2. Isaiah Lewis / Michigan St.
3. Alden Darby / Arizona St.