Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slimm's Seniors

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How do you feel Whitlock projects in the NFL Slimm?? He is so undersized, yet it seems like he is in the backfield on almost every play when I've seen him. The kid definitely has a motor on him.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    PowerHungryMo'fo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How did Larry Webster end up at Bloomsburg? Kinda odd
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Another guy you could add would be Josh Huff WR from Oregon. Dude has wheels and has turned into a very nice, if smaller, player. Super speedy slot guy.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NorFlaFin View Post
    How did Larry Webster end up at Bloomsburg? Kinda odd

One word... basketball. He was a four year starter on the basketball team. I'm sure you probably remember the Dolphins drafted his dad in 1992 out of Maryland. The family is from the northeast and their roots are based in that region. Jr. wasn't a highly recruited football player out of high school. Football at Bloomsburg was basically just a decision he made on a whim. The question teams will have to find out is how much he loves football before they spend a draft pick on him. There's no question his physical talent and athleticism allow him to standout like a sore thumb at that level.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    How do you feel Whitlock projects in the NFL Slimm?? He is so undersized, yet it seems like he is in the backfield on almost every play when I've seen him. The kid definitely has a motor on him.

It's difficult to project him. It's obvious that a 5'11", 260 pound kid is not going to start at DT in the NFL like he did in the ACC. At the same time, kids like this are the one's that I pull for the hardest. They get the most out of their ability... to the point they dominate entire football games on their own. While other kids who are the prototype can't make a play to save their life.

Whitlock is in the same boat as a kid like Roosevelt Nix for Kent St.... who I've raved about since he was a true freshman. Same thing though.... 5'11', 260 pound starter at DT in the MAC that has been unblockable his entire career. Even as a true freshman he had 20 TFL's, 9 sacks, forced 4 fumbles, and blocked 2 kicks. However, what really got my attention was watching him personally against Alabama's offensive line in the season opener of his sophomore season. He wrecked Alabama's offensive line every single play he was on the field. Guys that were on their way to the NFL... and Nix was flat out too much for them to handle.

Nix and Whitlock have a built in leverage advantage. But that alone doesn't allow them to dominate the way that they do. It's the insane quickness off the ball and relentless effort, combined with the natural leverage advantage that allows them to dominate. Nix should be on this list also.

My feeling is that I just want to see kids like Nix and Whitlock get a chance. They've proven they can play the game, and dominate against superior competition.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yup, and similar story with Andrew Jackson of Western Kentucky.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ProStyle View Post
    I'm a big fan of Shaq Evans, and Tracy Moore for our offense. I like Enunwa too, he catches everything great athlete, physical, 10TD, 650 yards in Nebraska offense is impressive, but I have not seen enough to say whether he is explosive--if he is, he is a beast potential. Hard to evaluate in the Nebraska offense.

Enunwa isn't necessarily explosive. He more than doubled his TD output for his entire career during his Senior season. What I see is a kid that's improved his football IQ by leaps and bounds. He understands how to read coverages now and set up defensive backs. The attention to detail is there for Enunwa.

He reminds me a little of Niles Paul when he came out of Nebraska a few years ago in terms of how he's built. Strong and stocky for a WR at 6'1", 225 pounds. While he doesn't quite look like he matches Niles Paul in straight line speed, he's much smoother, more fluid of an athlete, and not as stiff as Niles Paul was. Paul made most of his hay as a kick returner at Nebraska due to his straight line speed, but eventually had to add some weight and move to an H-back role in the NFL.

Enunwa looks like he could contribute as a 4th receiver. Knows how to get the job done in the redzone especially. Physical after the catch and plays with great balance... safeties just bounce off of him.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinoEqualsGod View Post
    Thoughts on Erik Lora (EIU)?

Similar to Campanaro. Hard to ignore the production, but their ceiling is an undersized slot receiver that won't be able to out-run or out-physical any secondaries in the NFL. The odds of two kids off that E. Illinois offense making it in the NFL is almost insurmountable. I've always believed Garoppolo is the kid that looks like he has legitimate NFL potential.

I supposed Lora has as good of a chance to make it as a kid like Solomon Patton. Although I just think Patton's speed gives him an advantage. I think at the least, a kid like Patton has a chance to stick on a roster due to his kick return ability. That'll buy time to develop as a receiver.

When it comes to late rounders at skill positions, I always look at special teams ability first. Because that's how most of 'em are going to have to earn their keep in order to make a roster to begin with.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Similar to Campanaro. Hard to ignore the production, but their ceiling is an undersized slot receiver that won't be able to out-run or out-physical any secondaries in the NFL. The odds of two kids off that E. Illinois offense making it in the NFL is almost insurmountable. I've always believed Garoppolo is the kid that looks like he has legitimate NFL potential.

I supposed Lora has as good of a chance to make it as a kid like Solomon Patton. Although I just think Patton's speed gives him an advantage. I think at the least, a kid like Patton has a chance to stick on a roster due to his kick return ability. That'll buy time to develop as a receiver.

When it comes to late rounders at skill positions, I always look at special teams ability first. Because that's how most of 'em are going to have to earn their keep in order to make a roster to begin with.
    I like Patton a lot. He finally got his chance to contribute this season and made the most of it. Shame it was in such a ****ty season with that joke of a coaching staff. I would love to see the dolphins give him a shot as a kick returner because lord knows we can do better than Marcus Thigpen.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Big fan of Branden Oliver. Feet, vision, acceleration, toughness, toughness and toughness. Blocking isn't great, but there's a lot to love about him at the next level.

The other guy I like on your list is Nikita Whitlock. Relentless kid, can make himself wider than his frame to stuff the run and on the next snap narrow as a knife to slip through. Never quits and has great awareness. Great block shedder. Just a bit too undersized to survive the NFL as a lineman. He started life as a linebacker and there might be a future for him at Sam?. Like you, I'm rooting for him. Aaron Donald too, who is a little bigger but will still struggle.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote