Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Bowl Records by Conference

  1. -1
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    8,898
    vCash:
    2749
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Bowl Records by Conference

    Just in case we're keeping score, as it currently sits with UCF's win over Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl... here are the records by conference so far in bowl games...


    PAC-12 = 6-3

    SEC = 7-2

    C-USA = 3-3

    MWC = 3-3

    Independents = 2-1

    AAC = 2-3

    Big-12 = 3-3

    ACC = 4-6

    Sun Belt = 2-0

    Big-10 = 2-5

    MAC = 0-5

    Last edited by TedSlimmJr; 01-06-2014 at 04:14 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Namor's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    5,481
    vCash:
    7052
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Stupid Georgia.....They are the Clemson of the SEC...
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    4,919
    vCash:
    6921
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It looks like to me that the AAC was more deserving of 2 BCS bids than the Big 12.
    Insert pithy saying here.

    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,118
    vCash:
    8613
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    It looks like to me that the AAC was more deserving of 2 BCS bids than the Big 12.
    I would like to see UCF in the ACC along with Louisville next year. Add a full time Notre Dame to that and the ACC would have a pretty good strength of schedule. A lot of the decent/middle ACC teams play like crap in bowl games. Georgia Tech, and Virginia Tech always choke. Duke at least showed up although they ultimately lost.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,118
    vCash:
    8613
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Btw, how in the hell did the ACC send 11 teams to bowl games?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Namor's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    5,481
    vCash:
    7052
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I would like to see UCF in the ACC along with Louisville next year. Add a full time Notre Dame to that and the ACC would have a pretty good strength of schedule. A lot of the decent/middle ACC teams play like crap in bowl games. Georgia Tech, and Virginia Tech always choke. Duke at least showed up although they ultimately lost.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Sorry Buddy,
    But if adding Notre Dame RAISES your strength of schedule...there's a problem...LOL
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    4,919
    vCash:
    6921
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    Sorry Buddy,
    But if adding Notre Dame RAISES your strength of schedule...there's a problem...LOL
    Yeah they're already playing 5 ACC teams a season so they're practically members. We go up there next November and aside from it being the name of Notre Dame, I don't suspect it will do much for our strength of schedule. I haven't been impressed with them for several seasons now, even their national title game season.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,118
    vCash:
    8613
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    Sorry Buddy,
    But if adding Notre Dame RAISES your strength of schedule...there's a problem...LOL
    Hey, it is what it is...the ACC is not good in football outside of the top few teams. Also, it's not like there are tons of quality teams looking for a conference right now. Notre Dame is a consistently solid team if not dominant like they were in the past. They are better than a lot of the other crap in the ACC right now. However, it will still be FSU then Clemson, Louisville, maybe Miami and Notre Dame and a step down to everybody else next year. I am not even sure about Clemson without Boyd and Watkins.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,118
    vCash:
    8613
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Yeah they're already playing 5 ACC teams a season so they're practically members. We go up there next November and aside from it being the name of Notre Dame, I don't suspect it will do much for our strength of schedule. I haven't been impressed with them for several seasons now, even their national title game season.
    They got very lucky several times during their title game season and Alabama exposed them. However, they are still solid and the ACC could do a lot worse than ND.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    susser2000's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    246
    vCash:
    936
    Loc:
    Reston, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Hey, it is what it is...the ACC is not good in football outside of the top few teams. Also, it's not like there are tons of quality teams looking for a conference right now. Notre Dame is a consistently solid team if not dominant like they were in the past. They are better than a lot of the other crap in the ACC right now. However, it will still be FSU then Clemson, Louisville, maybe Miami and Notre Dame and a step down to everybody else next year. I am not even sure about Clemson without Boyd and Watkins.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    I think you can add VT to that list of quality ACC teams...they may not have been really good the past couple years and as much as I hate them, they generally put together a solid team.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Interesting Stat about Super Bowl winners and their preseason records
    By FinAtic8480 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 07:05 PM
  2. List of Teams by won-loss Record + Super Bowl Records
    By SF Dolphin Fan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 05:17 AM
  3. Does anyone have the Bowl Records By Conf?
    By Oraclepz in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 04:58 PM
  4. Which conference will have the best bowl record?
    By spydertl79 in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-23-2006, 09:29 PM
  5. No Super Bowl No Records
    By Shula-is-Good!! in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-27-2004, 11:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •