Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Geno says "move your Butt over Mark, it's time to free Willy."

1. -101
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    But your team hasnt won a division title in over a decade!
    so what? no team has won an AFC East title besides NE and us in a year Brady was the primary starter for them. We were the last team to do it and again I'd rather have playoff wins than div titles. In a perfect world I'd rather have both but if given a choice I'd rather win playoff games than a div title and go one and done.
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    But your team hasnt won a division title in over a decade!
    I don't quite understand why division titles are so important. Making the playoffs is good enough no matter how you do it. Super Bowl appearances are the main goal for every team. To have Junc try and throw it in our faces that Miami hasn't had the playoff "success" the Jets have had the last decade is akin to getting kicked in the nuts repeatedly. When a fan of a team who hasn't seen a Super Bowl since 1969 is talking ****, you know our team stinks.

Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've always thought winning the division is the most important. It gives you 2 things, bragging rights and your in the playoff's. If you win the division and do well enough you get a by.

I've never liked backing into the playoff's or just getting in by chance. So...thats my story.
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've always thought winning the division is the most important. It gives you 2 things, bragging rights and your in the playoff's. If you win the division and do well enough you get a by.

I've never liked backing into the playoff's or just getting in by chance. So...thats my story.
    there's no such thing as backing in, you either win enough games to get in or you don't. you think SD and SF care about a div title right now? they are playing for the right to make their conf title game. You think Philly, GB & Cincy would rather have their div titles right now or would they rather be playing this week?
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    there's no such thing as backing in, you either win enough games to get in or you don't. you think SD and SF care about a div title right now? they are playing for the right to make their conf title game. You think Philly, GB & Cincy would rather have their div titles right now or would they rather be playing this week?
    Junc let me make one thing clear...I really don't care what you think!

Again IMO winning the division is what football teams want to accomplish first.

Anyway since the jets went to the SB in 1969 they have only accomplished this 3 times. They have always been dominated by the other teams in the AFCE.
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Junc let me make one thing clear...I really don't care what you think!

Again IMO winning the division is what football teams want to accomplish first.

Anyway since the jets went to the SB in 1969 they have only accomplished this 3 times. They have always been dominated by the other teams in the AFCE.
    that's ok, you don't have to.

sure they want to accomplish that first but if they don't and they earn a WC they still have a chance to win a SB. You can have your 2008 div title and one and done w/ home humiliation, I'll take 4 road wins and 2 chances to play for the right to represent the AFC in the SB. ask anyone associated w/ an NFL team what they'd prefer and I guarantee you it won't be your answer.

stop talking about ancient history, your franchise has been the biggest laughingstock in the division(along w/ Buffalo) for a long time and each of you guys went on a spending spree the last 2 years only to see the same results- finishing behind us and NE
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    that's ok, you don't have to.

sure they want to accomplish that first but if they don't and they earn a WC they still have a chance to win a SB. You can have your 2008 div title and one and done w/ home humiliation, I'll take 4 road wins and 2 chances to play for the right to represent the AFC in the SB. ask anyone associated w/ an NFL team what they'd prefer and I guarantee you it won't be your answer.

stop talking about ancient history, your franchise has been the biggest laughingstock in the division(along w/ Buffalo) for a long time and each of you guys went on a spending spree the last 2 years only to see the same results- finishing behind us and NE
    Finishing behind us. Such a landmark and historic occasion for the Jets to finish ahead of the juggernaut Dolphins because of division record. Did you have a celebration at your house because of this amazing feat?
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Finishing behind us. Such a landmark and historic occasion for the Jets to finish ahead of the juggernaut Dolphins because of division record. Did you have a celebration at your house because of this amazing feat?
    yes I did, we popped champagne. Thank you for asking.
    Quote Quote