Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greg Robinson Going Pro?

1. -11
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudder1310 View Post
    Mmm, there are probably 6 1st rd O lineman.
    Matthews, Lewan, Irving, Robinson, and Antonio Richardson are more than likely. Cyrus Kuandijo despite a rough year is probably in as well if he declares. Then you have guys like Zack Martin, Cyril Richardson, La'el Collins (if he declares), Gabe Jackson, Xavier Su'a-Filo (if he declares), and David Yankey who all could grade near round 1
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    Matthews, Lewan, Irving, Robinson, and Antonio Richardson are more than likely. Cyrus Kuandijo despite a rough year is probably in as well if he declares. Then you have guys like Zack Martin, Cyril Richardson, La'el Collins (if he declares), Gabe Jackson, Xavier Su'a-Filo (if he declares), and David Yankey who all could grade near round 1
    Ok. I read your other post as only 2 linemen in the first. My bad.
    Failure isn't fatal. Failure to change might be. - John Wooden
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I believe Greg Robinson is the best offensive tackle in this class. He'll be the #1 offensive tackle on my board if he declares. He's not far from being the #1 prospect on my board. I don't think people realize exactly how good of a player he is. This is a rare talent. He's only scratching the surface of what he'll be. He's literally perfect in his run blocking in my opinion.... as a redshirt sophomore. Dominant player.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Road grader but raw af, is this his 1st year playing football?
    Quote Quote  

5. -15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's a little raw in pass protection, but this is also only his 4th year playing offensive line going back to his Junior year of high school. He's a defensive line convert... just like Cameron Erving of Florida St. He started last year for Auburn as a redshirt freshman at left tackle all season.

He's not asked to pass protect much in Auburn's offense, but the upside is evident to me. I've only seen him give up one sack all season and that was to Adrian Hubbard against Alabama. Although he's not asked to pass protect as much as some other tackles, I think he displays extremely good lower body flexibility and technique in his deep set.

There's no doubt in my mind that he's the best pure run blocker at his position that I've seen in college football. He plays with tremendous pad level and aggressive getting into a defender's body and driving them off the football. Just over and over and over again. I watch him down block defenders clean to the ground. It's pretty much routine, and I'm talking about good players he does this to. I watched him drive Jeoffrey Pagan 5 yards off the line of scrimmage on Nick Marshall's 45 yard TD run against Bama.

All he needs are reps in pass protection to polish up. The athleticism and talent is there. He's not as polished as Jake Matthews in his pass sets as far as technique, because he's not asked to do it 40 times a game the way Matthews is. I watched Jake Matthews get worked over against Auburn (Dee Ford)....giving up pressure.... sacks on 3rd down, etc.

I've long been a buyer on Greg Robinson. I see it with my own eyes.
    Last edited by TedSlimmJr; 01-06-2014 at 12:06 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Greg was supposed to come to Alabama. We recruited him hard. Unfortunately, he didn't sign because we managed to give Arie Kouandjio a scholarship as part of a package deal to get Cyrus.... and Arie has a long ways to go. Struggles a lot in pass protection and with penalties. I think some of that is why Cyrus has struggled this year also.... trying to help out little brother next to him. Arie isn't exactly Chance Warmack.....
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I believe Greg Robinson is the best offensive tackle in this class. He'll be the #1 offensive tackle on my board if he declares. He's not far from being the #1 prospect on my board. I don't think people realize exactly how good of a player he is. This is a rare talent. He's only scratching the surface of what he'll be. He's literally perfect in his run blocking in my opinion.... as a redshirt sophomore. Dominant player.
    I have him #8 overall here: http://www.finheaven.com/showthread....g-board-top-32

I think he might even project better as a LG than LT. Not because he is a liability in pass pro, but because he is such a dominant run blocker.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He reminds me of a more athletic Marcus McNeill or Kendall Simmons coming out of Auburn. Simmons was also a former defensive line convert. He looks a lot like both wearing their old number too.

Robinson is much better than they were at a similar stage in their careers though.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My concern is that he is slow in pass pro and susceptible to ordinary speed rush. If he played at any other program I'd say he'd benefit from staying in school one more year, but not at Auburn.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    He reminds me of a more athletic Marcus McNeill or Kendall Simmons coming out of Auburn. Simmons was also a former defensive line convert. He looks a lot like both wearing their old number too.

Robinson is much better than they were at a similar stage in their careers though.
    what do you think of projection to guard? Like I said I have him at #8 now, I think he is a really, really good tackle, but I think he could be an even better guard. Just my opinion.
    Quote Quote