Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nfl draft big board top 32

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfin View Post
    Ekpre-Olomu went back to school.

No Cam Erving??

Agree with having Mack above Barr, but Mack needs to be higher. IMO.

Sammy Watkins looks like the best WR in this class to me.

Nice job.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...t-decision-yet

Erving is way overrated. Mack is a good role player on a good defense but is not a pro bowl caliber player. Bucky Brooks said it best in his scouting report that he is more an Ahmad Brooks of the 49ers type player than he is a Von Miller type player.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree, Easley is a motor and punch guy. But, he spends way too much time on the grass for my liking. I see Easley as hot and cold. When he is on this feet he is burning hot, but when he lays on the grass he is cold turkey. I would characterize Easley as hot and cold. The other two are not like that as far as I can see..
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fair game on Ekpre-Olomu. Must have missed that.

Have to disagree on Erving. Sure his technique needs refinement but scouts are going to go crazy over his athleticism...
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Watkins as the #3 WR in the draft is a hard sell. Nothing against Lee or Evans, but Watkins is the more explosive athlete, and he can beat you in more ways. I think the two best RB's in the draft are Jeremy Hill and Melvin Gordon. At this point, I wouldn't put any other RB's in the top 32. Despite issues with his stature, I think Manziel has done enough to be in the top 32 - without needing too much argument. I'd place him in the top 10, but that would require more backing.

I like that you have Robinson as the 2nd best OT - though I think you're a little low on some of the other OT's.

Anyway, solid effort. Welcome, and I hope you're a regular contributor to the draft forum.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Watkins as the #3 WR in the draft is a hard sell. Nothing against Lee or Evans, but Watkins is the more explosive athlete, and he can beat you in more ways. I think the two best RB's in the draft are Jeremy Hill and Melvin Gordon. At this point, I wouldn't put any other RB's in the top 32. Despite issues with his stature, I think Manziel has done enough to be in the top 32 - without needing too much argument. I'd place him in the top 10, but that would require more backing.

I like that you have Robinson as the 2nd best OT - though I think you're a little low on some of the other OT's.

Anyway, solid effort. Welcome, and I hope you're a regular contributor to the draft forum.
    Gordon is staying at Wisconsin. Hill hasn't said either way. All I know is that if one is in need of a RB, stop-gap until next year. That class is looking to be damn deep.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's right. I forgot about Gordon. Think it's a mistake on his part, but ah well. Based on what I've heard/read, it seems pretty certain that Hill will enter the draft. If he comes back, it'll be to spend a year as a good citizen - if he learns that's a legitimate concern. He's proved everything he needs to as a player. 1st RD talent all the way.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's right. I forgot about Gordon. Think it's a mistake on his part, but ah well. Based on what I've heard/read, it seems pretty certain that Hill will enter the draft. If he comes back, it'll be to spend a year as a good citizen - if he learns that's a legitimate concern. He's proved everything he needs to as a player. 1st RD talent all the way.
    Agreed with everything. If he comes out, I think he's top RB this year.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The RB's and WR's from this draft and last are flipped in one key area - physicality. Last season, the draft was deep with quick, smallish WR's, but there were very few good, physically imposing WR's. This season, it's loaded with big, strong, really good WR's. Last season there were multiple RB's who were 210+, and a solid number of them were good. This season, Hill really stands out for his physicality in an otherwise small class. To me, that's what we're missing in our running game. I said before the season - or maybe early in the season - that we should contact the Saints about Mark Ingram, because - to that point - they weren't getting the value out of him that they should. Obviously, I don't know what it would have taken to pry away Ingram, but he's the kind of back we're lacking.

But I agree that we should look to upgrade the RB position.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

I think Sammy Watkins is going to be a very, very good receiver. Nothing against him being #3 just the fact that I believe Marqise Lee and Mike Evans will be superior players. Jeremy Hill will never be a Miami Dolphins as long as Philbin is the head coach. Battery charge over the past off-season and he had some sexual charge out of high school. Melvin Gordon made a MAJOR mistake by not declaring. Next year's RB class will have Georgia's Todd Gurley, South Carolina's Mike Davis, Alabama's TJ Yeldon, Miami's Duke Johnson.. etc. Gordon would have easily been the top RB drafted this year, now he may not even be picked on Day 2 due to the rare strength of next year's running back class. Thanks for the welcome and I will be a regular in the draft forum. I am in the process of position rankings now.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    mosley as the top player in the class...wow...i have some reservations about his run defense and getting off blocks but i think his instincts are very good and it's critical in lbs and agree his coverage skills are very good...i dont think he will be the enforcer that a navarro bowman is...not that physical not that level thudder...a little light also...may be more a wolb pro

i don't see it with bortles...i see a bail tendency against inside pressure that throws off his accuracy...he bails out...the arms ok nothing special and i see a lot of throws off his back foot...

teddy bridgewater is the top qb in this class imo and the only one i would pound the table for...his presnap reads are damn good and he climbs the pocket very well already against wide pressure...like his footwork and he can throw with paste and accuracy rolling to his strong or weak side...a pocket qb who's slightly built but can add good weight...

too high on mike evans...vincent jackson comparisons that i see are lazy...doesnt have long speed...big body that outmuscles smaller dbs...gets off the los pretty well for a big guy but the separation he gets is from pushing off and ripping thru...all depends on what they let him get away with at the next level...wouldn't surprise me if he times very slow
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote