Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nfl draft big board top 32

1. -31
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I couldn't take Carr above Bridgewater or Bortles. Never sold on his brother and the same applies to him. Accuracy issues and I fear his release will drop lower and lower. The Mountain West is historically inept in pass defense, inflating numbers and impression. More than half the teams allowed 7.8 YPA or higher. USC was nothing special this year but Carr did little early and allowed USC to take an insurmountable lead.

Too bad Sammy Watkins stood out in the Orange Bowl. I was hoping he might drop to the Dolphins' spot, or near enough for a cheap trade up. If we can move up for a projection like Dion Jordan I don't see why we wouldn't target a flash and snag guy like Watkins, who could transform the energy level of the entire offense. A guy like that isn't going to stand around and allow a bunch of mediocrities to be content with zero points on the scoreboard.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintastic17 View Post
    Why do you have Seastrunk over Andre Williams? I feel like we could have a dangerous backfield with Millers quickness and Williams' outstanding power, he is an absolute bruiser.
    Andre Williams can't play on 3rd down. 10 career catches and ZERO this year.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    I couldn't take Carr above Bridgewater or Bortles. Never sold on his brother and the same applies to him. Accuracy issues and I fear his release will drop lower and lower. The Mountain West is historically inept in pass defense, inflating numbers and impression. More than half the teams allowed 7.8 YPA or higher. USC was nothing special this year but Carr did little early and allowed USC to take an insurmountable lead.

Too bad Sammy Watkins stood out in the Orange Bowl. I was hoping he might drop to the Dolphins' spot, or near enough for a cheap trade up. If we can move up for a projection like Dion Jordan I don't see why we wouldn't target a flash and snag guy like Watkins, who could transform the energy level of the entire offense. A guy like that isn't going to stand around and allow a bunch of mediocrities to be content with zero points on the scoreboard.
    To each is own, but USC is VERY good up front. Leonard Williams will be a top 10 draft pick in 2015. George Uko is a late day 2 early day 3 guy. Carr had no time the entre game but made some very impressive throws. He is gonna dominate the Senior Bowl.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IMO Bortles and Manziel are top 5 must have prospects, when it comes to talent and creating mismatches against opposition. Bridgewater and Carr do not come close.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ProStyle View Post
    IMO Bortles and Manziel are top 5 must have prospects, when it comes to talent and creating mismatches against opposition. Bridgewater and Carr do not come close.
    What is Manziel without 3 top 15 picks at Offensive Tackle, and a top 15 WR? He has bust written all over him. The time he gets in the pocket is ridiculous. Not gonna be able to run around and play sandlot at the NFL. NFL is about winning in the pocket, always has been, always will be. Can't rely on improv, it's too random.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Manziel is a matchup nightmare. First, he is a QB; second, he has great football IQ, he is a great football player; third, he destroys every defensive game plan. You have teams spending $50 mil on pass rush, they will scheme blitzes, and he throws all that down the drain. You can't sack him. His best plays are on the move. He is defensive nightmare.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ProStyle View Post
    Manziel is a matchup nightmare. First, he is a QB; second, he has great football IQ, he is a great football player; third, he destroys every defensive game plan. You have teams spending $50 mil on pass rush, they will scheme blitzes, and he throws all that down the drain. You can't sack him. His best plays are on the move. He is defensive nightmare.
    Not dedicated enough to football to succeed at the quarterback position in the NFL.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Does your affiliation with KC temper your ratings? I mean, do you look at players differently as to how they fit in KC or is this as neutral as you can be? I'm not suggesting anything, just curious.
    Failure isn't fatal. Failure to change might be. - John Wooden
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudder1310 View Post
    Does your affiliation with KC temper your ratings? I mean, do you look at players differently as to how they fit in KC or is this as neutral as you can be? I'm not suggesting anything, just curious.
    I don't grade anyone higher or lower because of KC's WCO or 3-4 D. I simply try to grade every player and position evenly. I'm a Dolphins fan through and through, one day I want to work in the scouting department here. Having said that it is an amazing opportunity, and if they can have some sustained success it would help me climb the ladder so to speak.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by futurescout View Post
    I don't grade anyone higher or lower because of KC's WCO or 3-4 D. I simply try to grade every player and position evenly. I'm a Dolphins fan through and through, one day I want to work in the scouting department here. Having said that it is an amazing opportunity, and if they can have some sustained success it would help me climb the ladder so to speak.
    Ok. I was wondering, because I'm sure some scouts tailor their report depending on what the team runs, or maybe produces a secondary list/blue markups or whatever. Great opportunity for you.
    Quote Quote