Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Push for Sentencing Changes Underway in Congress

1. -11
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    My only issue with the whole "Libertarian" thing is that, what happens with the prisons?

I understand that the "Right to swing your fist ends with my nose" thing, but at the same time......

When that punch ends at my nose, don't people go to prison?
    It isn't so much of "laws shouldn't exist" type thing. That's anarchy. It's more believing in as little government involvement in your life as possible. There should be police to enforce laws and fire departments and whatnot, but personal responsibility should also be emphasized. The biggest thing that it boils down to, in my opinion at least, is that our rights aren't given to us by the government to be taken away at any given time. We form government to protect the rights that we already have, and once government goes beyond those boundaries we are headed towards tyranny.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    It isn't so much of "laws shouldn't exist" type thing. That's anarchy. It's more believing in as little government involvement in your life as possible. There should be police to enforce laws and fire departments and whatnot, but personal responsibility should also be emphasized. The biggest thing that it boils down to, in my opinion at least, is that our rights aren't given to us by the government to be taken away at any given time. We form government to protect the rights that we already have, and once government goes beyond those boundaries we are headed towards tyranny.
    I'm as anti government as some, if not most are...But, at the same time, I think the state has a place in some
    settings. Police and prisons should not be for profit. Ever. It's counter intuitive.

People need to go to prison. That's never going to stop.

I think we could be a bit more choosey, though.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If anyone would like to know anything about lower level custody inmates, and have so much
    faith in how great the world would be when the prisons don't hold so many people?

Call me.

Matter of fact, better! House them, right next door. Might as well be your door.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    I'm as anti government as some, if not most are...But, at the same time, I think the state has a place in some
    settings. Police and prisons should not be for profit. Ever. It's counter intuitive.

People need to go to prison. That's never going to stop.

I think we could be a bit more choosey, though.
    I completely agree. For profit prisons are one of the scariest things I've learned about in recent years, especially with the occupancy guarantees that inevitably come along with them.
    Quote Quote