Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shayne Skov

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    I like him, but agree with others that he's not a three down guy. For that reason, I think he falls further than most expect come draft day.
    I like Skov but he'll slide. Combine won't be kind to him. He'll dominate the interviews and anything involving effort and smarts.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Ireland's #1 worst move of 2013. He's got others. Gibril Wilson, Ernest Wilford (4-year $13 million, $6 million signing bonus for a guy that appeared in 7 games and started none), not getting Tannehill any help at WR in his rookie season, Jonathan Martin, trading down to take Odrick over drafting Earl Thomas, taking Vontae Davis over Clay Matthews or Hakeem Nicks...there are many others but that's a start.

Skov to me is an ILB in the 3-4. He's got good instincts and he's a gym rat but not athletic enough IMO. I estimate he runs 4.9 in the 40 and there's too much space to cover for a MLB in the 4-3. I also remember some off the field issues or injuries with him.
    Passing on Earl Thomas might end up being Ireland's most costly blunder. I had him and Berry as about equal - with a slight preference for Thomas. And many people viewed Thomas as at least in Berry's neighborhood. That guy allows Seattle to play such an aggressive D. They get to say, 'We're not going to concede anything, and we still won't give up big plays," because of Earl Thomas. With a guy like that, we could have gotten away with a D that focused on stopping the run - rather than getting repeatedly gashed as a result.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Little doubt in my mind that a LB group with Skov at MLB and Ellerbe at WLB would be better than one with Ellerbe at MLB and Wheeler at WLB. I'd take him as early as the 3rd - depending on the other players available.

Instincts, intelligence, and heart. Things we've been missing at MLB since Zach Thomas.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's decent in zone coverage, and I love the way he plays. I'm not gonna let suspect man coverage be the deciding factor on a solid player when he can replace wheeler who can do none of the above. Hair style wise is an upgrade to so I don't have to confuse ellerbe and wheeler
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintastic17 View Post
    Wow, I kinda liked him and wouldn't have minded the pick before I read this lol. What's you guys' evaluation on Van Noy?
    He was primarily a pass rusher @ Byu. Is Relentless but think he too would have coverage issues.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. - Voltaire

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by utahphinsfan View Post
    He was primarily a pass rusher @ Byu. Is Relentless but think he too would have coverage issues.
    Van Noy is better in coverage than people think. BYU used him as a pass rusher but he also dropped back in coverage on occasion and has 7 career INTs to show for it, including 2 this past season and one he took for a TD, he also had 7 pass breakups. I can tell you right now he has better coverage skills than Wheeler.
    Quote Quote