Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "Breaking News" and Other Beefs

1. -21
    FinHeaven Lives

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by luduporcu
    Does MUCK own this site? I wasn't aware of that fact. If not, who is he to tell ANYONE ANYTHING? Free speech comes with a price, doesn't it, SCHMUCK?

When did GOD die and leave you in charge, anyway? (Now, someone would've reported THAT "breaking news" for sure)
    How about this, I own this site and I gave Muck the "power" to do whatever he sees fit. Muck and I conversate quite frequently and we both agreed that something like this needed to be here.

So, before you start typing again... please keep the following in mind:

The TOS: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/sh...&threadid=1655

The Staff: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showgroups.php

You will have some time to review those two pages as you most likely will be taking a short-term vacation. Have fun!

Sincerely,
    Andrew Tatum
    AJ Tatum

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be messed up."
    - Mitch Hedberg

2. -22
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by luduporcu
    Does MUCK own this site? I wasn't aware of that fact. If not, who is he to tell ANYONE ANYTHING? Free speech comes with a price, doesn't it, SCHMUCK?
    No I do not own this site. But my friend does. And I have a vested interest in it, both monitary and otherwise. Like the rest of the staff, I willfully and gladly bust my *** here every day for free. And my word is the law. You don't like it?? Tough sh*t.

Free speech?? I got news for you buddy, this is a PRIVATE enterprise. Free speech doesn't apply here. Obviously, we aren't that tough. We are benevolent despots. But I find it humorous that you think you can do as you please here, or anywhere, without consequence. Good luck with that attitude in life.

When did GOD die and leave you in charge, anyway? (Now, someone would've reported THAT "breaking news" for sure)
    "God" left me in charge the day he gave me Administrative authority over this site. And with that authority, I'm banning your lame *** from this site until further notice.

Good night!!

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sunrise, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by IceStorm
    Just because someone has the power to do something, doesn't mean they have the 'right' to use it.

While I agree with what was said that this breaking news BS should stop, you could also say it should of never of come to this. That these type of threads should of been shot down long before it got to this level. In that instance, the moderators missed the boat.

But that is past us. Just as Muck has a right to say what he did, so does luduporcu (wth is that?). He has a right to state his opinion, whether you like it or not.

People like to think that a webmaster or moderator has the right to do whatever they think, without consequence. That freedom of speech does not exist on their website. Well, does anyone remember what the internet was founded for? The sharing of idea, the freedom of such that was restricted elsewhere. To condemn this ideology merely points to dictatorship.
    Yes, we as guests should conduct ourselves accordingly. But just because we are guests does not take away our rights nor our minds, no matter how silly we may be.

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security. When liberty is taken away by force it can be restored by force. When it is relinquished voluntarily by default it can never be recovered.

Before you want to try and bash me, remember what I have stated...that I agree. I also believe it never should of gotten this far.
    First, I want to say that I respect your post, and I believe you do have some valid points. I'm not trying to attack you, but I respectfully disagree.

Admins and Mods have the right to regulate things. This isn't about having a "hard-on" for power, or dictatorship. It's nothing personal as some may think. It's things like this that cheapen the site, which, if it got out of hand, could lead to members going to other sites.

What I said earlier is valid. You can talk about free speech all you want, but try your free speech and become flippant with a police officer, and see how far that gets you. I'll say it again, with free speech comes responsibility

4. -24
    Colbert '08

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    :sosad:
    Come forth thou coward king,
    to fight with thine own hand!
    Come!
    For I would see thy craven face!

5. -25
    The Human Bullet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by IceStorm
    Just because someone has the power to do something, doesn't mean they have the 'right' to use it.

While I agree with what was said that this breaking news BS should stop, you could also say it should of never of come to this. That these type of threads should of been shot down long before it got to this level. In that instance, the moderators missed the boat.

But that is past us. Just as Muck has a right to say what he did, so does luduporcu (wth is that?). He has a right to state his opinion, whether you like it or not.

People like to think that a webmaster or moderator has the right to do whatever they think, without consequence. That freedom of speech does not exist on their website. Well, does anyone remember what the internet was founded for? The sharing of idea, the freedom of such that was restricted elsewhere. To condemn this ideology merely points to dictatorship.
    Yes, we as guests should conduct ourselves accordingly. But just because we are guests does not take away our rights nor our minds, no matter how silly we may be.

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security. When liberty is taken away by force it can be restored by force. When it is relinquished voluntarily by default it can never be recovered.

Before you want to try and bash me, remember what I have stated...that I agree. I also believe it never should of gotten this far.

Man you MUST be a lawyer.

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    :judge:

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    so, uh, what'd i miss? anymore breaking news?

8. -28
    Resident Montana Griz pimp for Miami :)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Great Falls, MT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Man this thread is better then Law and Order SVU :judge:

9. -29
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    I'm out
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wherever you go in life, there will always be rules, laws, penalties, and enforcers to keep things under control and civilized. If you dont like it, just quietly leave. This is a major reason why many people believe this site is the best, because it is kept in order. Good job to all Mods on this site.

10. -30
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was thinking about this the other day. When I'm very busy I sometimes pop onto the boards to see if anything is happenning and sometimes it takes a lot of time to hunt through the threads to find something. It is very irritating to see "Player X to Dolphins" which turns out to be someone's opinion that Player X would be a good sigining.

It's not a disaster, and there is nothing wrong with an opinion, but I was thinking that it would be cool to have an update thread with a list of confirmed moves that we could just read, with someone from time to time editing the first post with the best stuff.

Not a perfect solution, but I thought I'd throw it out there to wiser heads than me.