Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: "Breaking News" and Other Beefs

1. -51
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by FinsOnTop
    Can't we all just get along?

I would rather someone post a premature "Breaking News" then sit on some juicy info.

This is an internet message board correct? I doubt that any of our posts would be valid in a court of law.

But Mr. Tagliabue, the trade must be official because it said "Breaking News" on Finheaven.com's message board.

Once again my recommendation is that we lighten up and relax. It's all our different personalities that make this site great. If you make us all conform to a strict set of rules, every post will look the same.

Live free or die. Peace. Out.
    You can post anything you want and share anything you have. All I would appreciate, is that you do not call it breaking news.

You got a juicy story, just post it as a rumor. Save breaking news for breaking news.

2. -52
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by FinsOnTop
    Can't we all just get along?

I would rather someone post a premature "Breaking News" then sit on some juicy info.

This is an internet message board correct? I doubt that any of our posts would be valid in a court of law.

But Mr. Tagliabue, the trade must be official because it said "Breaking News" on Finheaven.com's message board.

Once again my recommendation is that we lighten up and relax. It's all our different personalities that make this site great. If you make us all conform to a strict set of rules, every post will look the same.

Live free or die. Peace. Out.
    I think I pretty much covered all of that in my first post. I even mentioned "internet message board". How many fingers am I holding up??

Are we overly strict on you?? I don't think so.

Did I say to not post a juicy story?? Negative.

All I'm saying is, don't post something as "BREAKING NEWS!!" if it's just some BS crap or a silly joke. Nobody wants to see that. And everybody was tired of it. Nobodys being oppressed or discriminated against. It ain't that deep. Like Kev said, save the breaking news for breaking news.

Again, it's all in the first post.

3. -53
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Respect my Authoro-Tie!
    -Cartman

4. -54
    Ruler of the Universe

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't forget the always important.....

"Great news" thread title

followed by

"I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance."
    After he laid out N.Y. Giants cover boy Frank Gifford and forced a fumble, "Concrete Charlie" Bednarik stood over Gifford's motionless body and emphatically declared.......

This game is over!

5. -55
    Bon vivant

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wow ... I miss all the good stuff. Well done, mods.

6. -56
    Maria & LauRen Aha!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great job Muck

:hail:

hopefully people will listen...

and while I have your attention, please try to scan amongst the first (latest) 15 or so thread to see if something was already posted, before you click that New Thread button - thx

7. -57
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rehoboth Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: "Breaking News" and Other Beefs

Originally posted by Muck
    I'll make this quick......

On behalf of every sane member of FinHeaven (and guests who view the board), I wanted to address this "Breaking News" rash that has gotten out of control.

When you type the words "BREAKING NEWS" in a thread title, you are grabbing people's attention and elevating their level of excitment/anticipation/fear/etc. And when people click on the thread, the last thing they want to read is some BS crap or a joke. You may think it's cute. But the other 99% think it's annoying. It also jeopordizes the credibility of this board and makes for a less enjoyable experience on the boards.

Well, I won't allow it to go on. If you post the words "Breaking News" in a thread title, it had damn well better be breaking news. Consider it an "executive order" of sorts......and a warning. We're all tired of it. And I'm done playing around.

Also, on another note........if you create a thread regarding a signed player or some other newsworthy or outrageous claim, please post a link to the information. Or at the very least, cite where you got the information from. It's all about credibility and accountability.

Again, this will not become a place where BS rumors fly. Obviously it's ok to report rumors that you've read and such. And this is an internet message board. But please, use some discretion. I'm simply addressing the blatant stuff.

Finally, I just want to drive home a point regarding the posting of articles. When you start a thread for the purpose of sharing an article with the board, please do not post the entire contents of that article. Instead, post a the first few lines.....or the relevant lines.....and then post a link to the rest of the article. This way we avoid copyright issues.

I feel that by following these simple guidlines, we can make for a more enjoyable browsing experience. And I want to say that, by and large, most of our members already follow these guidelines. And for that I'm grateful.

That is all. Thank you for your time.
    :allhail:

DD..................the #1 Delaware Dolfan !!!

Doing things you don't have to do today will help to determine where you'll be tomorrow when you can't do anything about it!

8. -58
    E tū iho nei, tū iho nei, hī!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17

Thanks...

As a rabid Red Sox Fan...I spent countless hours on Sons Of Sam Horn reading Breaking News about how we signed A Rod. Well..we know where that all went. Its good to see that that wont be tolerated here..cuz that just sucks. Anyways..Go Fins!!

9. -59
    Maria & LauRen Aha!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Thanks...

Originally posted by vt_dolfan
    As a rabid Red Sox Fan...I spent countless hours on Sons Of Sam Horn reading Breaking News about how we signed A Rod. Well..we know where that all went. Its good to see that that wont be tolerated here..cuz that just sucks. Anyways..Go Fins!!
    :welcome: a-board vt_dolfan - even if you are a Sox fan at least you like the right football team :friends:

10. -60
    Boom!! How you like that??

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
Gift received at 10-25-2013, 11:36 AM from Wildbill3
    Well done, Muck!!