Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Colorado First Week Dispensary Sales

  1. -1
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,542
    vCash:
    9622
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

    Colorado First Week Dispensary Sales

    Colorado marijuana dispensaries made huge sales in the first week of legal recreational marijuana.

    Owners of the 37 new dispensaries around the state reported first week retail sales to The Huffington Post that, when added together, were roughly $5 million.

    That's a lot of green for Colorado's legal weed.

    Colorado, the first state to allow retail recreational marijuana sales to adults age 21 and older, has projected nearly $600 million in combined wholesale and retail marijuana sales annually. The state, which expects to collect nearly $70 million in tax revenue from pot sales this year, won't have its first official glimpse at sales figures until Feb. 20, when businesses are required to file January tax reports, according to Julie Postlethwait of the state Marijuana Enforcement Division.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4552371.html
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Sons of Shula's Avatar
    17-0, 347 wins

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2013
    Posts:
    3,353
    vCash:
    3206
    Loc:
    Milky Way
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo
    Flew in after New Years to celebrate Colorado's excellent decision. Hope all the best for it's legalization and that other state's reform as well.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    TANNERECTION!!!

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    13,813
    vCash:
    48576
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The state is only taking a little over 10% which I find surprising. I thought they would go higher.

    Anyone have an idea on the cost and how it compares to when it was sold their illegally?
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Flip Tanneflop's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    15,227
    vCash:
    15138
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    The state is only taking a little over 10% which I find surprising. I thought they would go higher.

    Anyone have an idea on the cost and how it compares to when it was sold their illegally?
    Wait till they sample the product. They will.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,542
    vCash:
    9622
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post

    Anyone have an idea on the cost and how it compares to when it was sold their illegally?
    I believe this link includes the prices of every dispensary in Colorado.

    https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/in/colorado/

    It's cheaper than street prices. I see ounces going anywhere from 180 to 280. The standard street value of an ounce is usually around 300$, and if it's high quality there's a good chance it'll be a bit more than that. Also varies from region to region.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    TANNERECTION!!!

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    13,813
    vCash:
    48576
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    70 million in tax revenue in a week. Aside from the sweet smells of hemp in the air I smell an answer to the health care crisis. I might add that I am hoping we get orders to Colorado Springs
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,870
    vCash:
    5460
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    70 million in tax revenue in a week. Aside from the sweet smells of hemp in the air I smell an answer to the health care crisis. I might add that I am hoping we get orders to Colorado Springs
    That on top of the economic boost the state is receiving thanks to everyone coming into the state to take advantage. You can bet your ass other states in the area are watching, seeing the revenue, and coming to some "epiphanies" about their stance on it. I'm betting we see Oregon, California, New Mexico, Nevada, and maybe some of the midwest states jump into the fray within the next year or two...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    TANNERECTION!!!

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    13,813
    vCash:
    48576
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    That on top of the economic boost the state is receiving thanks to everyone coming into the state to take advantage. You can bet your ass other states in the area are watching, seeing the revenue, and coming to some "epiphanies" about their stance on it. I'm betting we see Oregon, California, New Mexico, Nevada, and maybe some of the midwest states jump into the fray within the next year or two...
    It's no surprise the feds have been quiet because they are watching closely as well. You know they'll want to get their greedy hands on the tax revenues.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    9,603
    vCash:
    40780
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    I believe this link includes the prices of every dispensary in Colorado.

    https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/in/colorado/

    It's cheaper than street prices. I see ounces going anywhere from 180 to 280. The standard street value of an ounce is usually around 300$, and if it's high quality there's a good chance it'll be a bit more than that. Also varies from region to region.
    I'm glad I lived to see weedmaps.com become a thing.



    #freespesh
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. I may be moving to Colorado.
    By MAYHEM in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-27-2013, 05:33 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-16-2011, 04:33 AM
  3. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 10:28 AM
  4. New from Colorado
    By DisturbedShifty in forum Introduce Yourself!
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 05:33 PM
  5. Ms. Colorado
    By Roman529 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 04:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •