Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FSU WR, Kelvin Benjamin enters draft

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love Benjamin and his upside is incredible IMO. The Dolphins need to add a big receiver like him to the offense to really balance out the wr core. I also think Benjamin could be used in a similar role as a tight end at times, meaning Miami could get Hartline, Wallace, Gibson and Benjamin all on the field at the same time.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i see an awful lot of off coverage just giving away the inside...will be interesting to see what he runs...if he's a legit low 4.4 at that size wow...just plays imo a very finesse game...more the game of a smooth smaller guy...i don't really see an overly long stride either and i like that unlike some of those other big guys...most of em have what i call gather speed instead of quick acceleration...

upside is much better than mike evans...who imo physically is a finished product pretty much...and has no long speed at least he doesn't play very fast
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Benjamin but like some others have said he plays a little soft for me. He's a 1st rounder probably...but theres no way I could put him above Evans, Watkins, or Lee personally. And I would rather have Amaro or Ebron as well.

Another TE to look at is the Nikklas kid out of ND. They pump out quality TEs every year it seems and that kid is going to be a solid pro.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Da Dalphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flawda
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i see an awful lot of off coverage just giving away the inside...will be interesting to see what he runs...if he's a legit low 4.4 at that size wow...just plays imo a very finesse game...more the game of a smooth smaller guy...i don't really see an overly long stride either and i like that unlike some of those other big guys...most of em have what i call gather speed instead of quick acceleration...

upside is much better than mike evans...who imo physically is a finished product pretty much...and has no long speed at least he doesn't play very fast

I agree, he does play some of a finesse game, but only at the LOS. He is physical when the ball is in the air, sometimes to phyiscal(a lot of OFF PIs), and very physical after the catch.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nappy Roots View Post
    I agree, he does play some of a finesse game, but only at the LOS. He is physical when the ball is in the air, sometimes to phyiscal(a lot of OFF PIs), and very physical after the catch.
    and in the running game.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Milky Way
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Top 3 WR for me in a very well rounded draft class of WR's. IMO, he possess everything you love in a WR. His size and speed are the obvious traits that immediately set him apart. Very sound hands. Has excellent agility and body control for his size. Does a very good job of attacking the ball with his hands and usually at it's highest point when needed. Also does a very good job of adjusting to the ball in the air and poor throws. I havent had the chance to see all of games this season but in my possibly poor opinion Benjamin could use some coaching in route running and just all around being more physical in using his size to his advantage. It's my belief that he has the physicality about him in terms of wanting to be "the guy" and the mentality of the ball being "his" when thrown his way; just needs some finer coaching points at the NFL level in press release, etc.

*My opinion, Benjamin will be a large pawn in continuing to carry on the change of the WR position, like Jimmy Graham (most current example) did that of the TE's, especially as we see CB's become taller and the NFL's current and trending passing fancy. The mismatch it creates is simply and merely tangible and there are plenty of these types of athletes out there to be had... they're just playing basketball instead.
    Last edited by Sons of Shula; 01-11-2014 at 08:08 PM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Upside is definitely there, but he reminds me of Jon Baldwin, and he drops the ball more than you'd like.
    Quote Quote