Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 105

Thread: Fast food workers going on strike

  1. -81
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,632
    vCash:
    12395
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I love me some fried chicken and Publix does have some that is pretty darned good. There is a place here in Victoria, TX called Moo-Moo's that has some crazy-good fried chicken! Heck, I love collard greens, mangos, watermelon, and most soul food and I am as WASP as they come. I will have to pass on the chitterlings though, that **** is nasty!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Popeye's is pretty hard to beat. Best chicken strips I've ever had, even better than my Grandma's (marginally).

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

  2. -82
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,140
    vCash:
    7436
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Popeye's is pretty hard to beat. Best chicken strips I've ever had, even better than my Grandma's (marginally).
    Popeye's is my second favorite. I'm not really a fan of KFC. Publix and Popeye's offer great fried chicken for a good price. At least once a month I stop and get a 16 piece for 15 bucks. My kids smell it before I even walk in the door. Popeye's poor boy sandwiches are awesome. I'm actually cooking some fried chicken tomorrow. Anyone have tips??





    "Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

  3. -83
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2008
    Posts:
    517
    vCash:
    3941
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Fast food workers going on strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    Yet more immigrants legal and illegal continue to beat down the doors to come to the United States often to work jobs under the table that pay less than the minimum wage. In fact there are massive rallies that demand that they be able to do so with less harassment, and with the explicit goal of ensuring their kids can be US citizens.

    Something must be missing from this UNICEF conclusion. Although I still don't know why I feel the need to respond to someone who just posts memes without a hint of skepticism. Like a canker sore I guess.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NJ Dolphan; 01-24-2014 at 07:35 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -84
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,759
    vCash:
    14363
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Popeye's is my second favorite. I'm not really a fan of KFC. Publix and Popeye's offer great fried chicken for a good price. At least once a month I stop and get a 16 piece for 15 bucks. My kids smell it before I even walk in the door. Popeye's poor boy sandwiches are awesome. I'm actually cooking some fried chicken tomorrow. Anyone have tips??
    Popeye's chicken strips and onion rings (when they have them) are freaking awesome. I had a religious experience with some fried chicken in Houma, LA at a place called Dixie Delight...OMG!

    Try marinating the chicken in buttermilk overnight, add some hot sauce if you like heat. Dredge it in spiced flour (AP flour, salt, black pepper, Cayenne, maybe cajun seasoning) and fry it in peanut oil at 350! Bam!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

  5. -85
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,140
    vCash:
    7436
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Popeye's chicken strips and onion rings (when they have them) are freaking awesome. I had a religious experience with some fried chicken in Houma, LA at a place called Dixie Delight...OMG!

    Try marinating the chicken in buttermilk overnight, add some hot sauce if you like heat. Dredge it in spiced flour (AP flour, salt, black pepper, Cayenne, maybe cajun seasoning) and fry it in peanut oil at 350! Bam!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Thanks man I'll do it. We have a neighborhood dinner party once a month and it's usually based on countries and culture. This month it's Southern/Soul food. I have fried chicken duty!!
    Quote Quote  

  6. -86
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,759
    vCash:
    14363
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Thanks man I'll do it. We have a neighborhood dinner party once a month and it's usually based on countries and culture. This month it's Southern/Soul food. I have fried chicken duty!!
    You can look on the internet for a recipe to be sure but that has been a good one for me. You can double dredge too if you like a lot of crunch.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

  7. -87
    Wildbill3's Avatar
    Misery Loves Company

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    25,048
    vCash:
    5920
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

    Quote Quote  

  8. -88
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,632
    vCash:
    12395
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    The only problem is he'll find some way to get an even bigger raise out of that deal.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -89
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,632
    vCash:
    12395
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    You can look on the internet for a recipe to be sure but that has been a good one for me. You can double dredge too if you like a lot of crunch.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    I got my Grandma's fried chicken recipe but I haven't tried to make it yet. I really need to. I also have a recipe for Coca-Cola-brined fried chicken that I really want to try.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -90
    Wildbill3's Avatar
    Misery Loves Company

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    25,048
    vCash:
    5920
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    The only problem is he'll find some way to get an even bigger raise out of that deal.
    the question of fairness is certainly a valid one. I can see pay caps on CEO's for big corporations, etc.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Why Are Food Prices Rising So Fast?
    By dreday in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 09:45 PM
  2. Fast Food Sushi
    By X-Pacolypse in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 12:53 AM
  3. Fast Food Freestyle
    By Dolfan81 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2007, 09:22 AM
  4. Fast food ads vs reality
    By wpgfishfan in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 07:23 PM
  5. fav fast food
    By King Felix in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-27-2006, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •