Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: VOTING: Thread Of The Year

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • WVDolphan's Get Real - Jeff Ireland "Like a Boss" - WVDolphan

32 34.41%
  • We need to extend Ireland before it's too late! - finjim

8 8.60%
  • Jennings Next? - ChambersWI

8 8.60%
  • Fox's Mike Garafolo: Incognito sent "racially charged" texts and voicemails - Walrus

31 33.33%
  • Davone Bess is a Playmaker - Gravity

3 3.23%
  • 16-year-old scout evaluates Dion Jordan - Awsi Dooger

2 2.15%
  • Ross on his way to the Bahamas - flynryan15

1 1.08%
  • Prediction: Matt Simms will win the game for his team - Hayden Fox

2 2.15%
  • X > Jon Martin - WVDolphan

5 5.38%
  • The Dion Jordan Selection May Have Sealed Ireland's Fate - phinking

1 1.08%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VOTING: Thread Of The Year

1. -11
    I like your style Dude
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    DeVante Parker's 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    LOL @ the Jests is probably the greatest thread in FH history. Its the Dan Marino of threads. It will forever be the standard that other threads of the year fall short of.
    Agreed. It should win every year.

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Vote for finjim, we fooled so many people with that thread!

Dudes still think it was real!

3. -13
    Scout Team
    WPA:
    vCash:
    I have a write-in vote: "Casario could be an informant."

4. -14
    Retired
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Billk78 View Post
    I have a write-in vote: "Casario could be an informant."
    That happened in 2014, so make sure to nominate that for the awards next January.

5. -15
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    No disrespect to Walrus, a premiere FH poster, BUT the votes prior to the re-opening of this thread were earned by Richie Incognito's presumed dad and based on his breaking of the suspension news and prophetic pronouncements revealing inside info on the snake Martin and other teammates. This was the specific catalyst provoking The walrus's groundbreaking research and subsequent national media attention on FH. The Walrus's OP is definitely vote-worthy but it is a DIFFERENT thread than Richie's dad's epic rant which was responsible for the developments that followed. Why were the ground rules changed regarding this original epic thread long after the fact????????

6. -16
    Wort-wort-wort!!!
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    No disrespect to Walrus, a premiere FH poster, BUT the votes prior to the re-opening of this thread were earned by Richie Incognito's presumed dad and based on his breaking of the suspension news and prophetic pronouncements revealing inside info on the snake Martin and other teammates. This was the specific catalyst provoking The walrus's groundbreaking research and subsequent national media attention on FH. The Walrus's OP is definitely vote-worthy but it is a DIFFERENT thread than Richie's dad's epic rant which was responsible for the developments that followed. Why were the ground rules changed regarding this original epic thread long after the fact????????
    I thought something had changed. I couldn't remember though because I voted for the Ross goes to a tropical island thread. Good catch and excellent question Vaark.

7. -17
    Misery Loves Company
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoPlaystation LogoDeVante Parker's 111972 Dolphins Logo
    Josh and I talked about that incognito thing. Wally's detective skills is what blew it up to national proportions. Without Wally, that thread swims in the depths and no one cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vote NY8123 for President.
    He promises
    Free hand lotion for everyone.

8. -18
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)

Another POV

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    Josh and I talked about that incognito thing. Wally's detective skills is what blew it up to national proportions. Without Wally, that thread swims in the depths and no one cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Valid reason why The Walrus's thread should have run, that's if it was nominated and seconded Bill. Or best case scenario, you guys made an executive decision before the voting started. However, Richie's dad's seminal thread broke the news, cast aspersions that are now proving out to be true and was the impetus for Walrrus to put on his Sherlock cap... not to mention being the specific thread that was seconded and thirded in the nomination process and specifically voted on. Who's to say that The Walrus would have received those votes? He's a great contributor and his work was epic, but really, how can you grandfather Incog Sr's votes onto his ledger after the fact? Who's to say that some alternative threads, including WV's or others' would not have received those votes if Richie's dad's thread was not an option? You guys do a great and often thankless job running the site, including arbitrating touchy issues - for which I think we all are appreciative. However, this was not the specific thread I voted for nor did the other 20-odd voters after it was duly nominated; it's an arbitrary game -changer after the fact :idk

9. -19
    1/7/14
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Room 101
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Valid reason why The Walrus's thread should have run, that's if it was nominated and seconded Bill. Or best case scenario, you guys made an executive decision before the voting started. However, Richie's dad's seminal thread broke the news, cast aspersions that are now proving out to be true and was the impetus for Walrrus to put on his Sherlock cap... not to mention being the specific thread that was seconded and thirded in the nomination process and specifically voted on. Who's to say that The Walrus would have received those votes? He's a great contributor and his work was epic, but really, how can you grandfather Incog Sr's votes onto his ledger after the fact? Who's to say that some alternative threads, including WV's or others' would not have received those votes if Richie's dad's thread was not an option? You guys do a great and often thankless job running the site, including arbitrating touchy issues - for which I think we all are appreciative. However, this was not the specific thread I voted for nor did the other 20-odd voters after it was duly nominated; it's an arbitrary game -changer after the fact :idk
    To be fair -- because I can speak to that specifically -- his thread wasn't actually what made me look him up. He posted in a thread I'd started -- at CalDolfanX's urging/taunting, whatever -- and that post -- the one that ended up on deadspin and like a hundred other sites -- is what made me look him up. Then I posted my findings in that same thread.

I think unfortunately what happened is that the thread people were trying to nominate wasn't the thread made by Richie's dad, because that got sent away pretty quick. My thread became the "Richie's dad" thread and the whole thing sort of got confused/merged in people's minds. I tried to point this out in the nomination process but it got lost in the shuffle, unfortunately.

I was once a normal kid
    Till the Devil came down and flipped my lid
    He gave me a switchblade and he gave me a muse
    Then he vomited acid all over my shoes

10. -20
    Wort-wort-wort!!!
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    To be fair -- because I can speak to that specifically -- his thread wasn't actually what made me look him up. He posted in a thread I'd started -- at CalDolfanX's urging/taunting, whatever -- and that post -- the one that ended up on deadspin and like a hundred other sites -- is what made me look him up. Then I posted my findings in that same thread.

I think unfortunately what happened is that the thread people were trying to nominate wasn't the thread made by Richie's dad, because that got sent away pretty quick. My thread became the "Richie's dad" thread and the whole thing sort of got confused/merged in people's minds. I tried to point this out in the nomination process but it got lost in the shuffle, unfortunately.
    Yeah, but what if the thread was started by an active member? I'm pretty sure that person would be fuming pissed to have been replaced in this "overtime" round of voting.