Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final Top 32 Big Board 2014

1. -21
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheBeard View Post
    He was extremely raw, injury didn't help. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on him, maybe turn into a Joe Barksdale.
    i was thinking more a will beatty if he pans out...but i was higher on beatty coming out than watson...beatty was very athletic and long just needed time to put on good weight etc and become a solid pro...showed pretty decent for how lean he was at the senior bowl week as i recall
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i was thinking more a will beatty if he pans out...but i was higher on beatty coming out than watson...beatty was very athletic and long just needed time to put on good weight etc and become a solid pro...showed pretty decent for how lean he was at the senior bowl week as i recall
    I meant more of a late bloomer who I was high on coming out. Barksdale showed well this year with the Rams.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    first off i applaud the fact that you are willing to put it out there and i'm sure you are also willing to defend your rankings if pressed with good insight...

having said that and i havent done as much work as you have but my thoughts are you are too low on khalil mack i think he's the most explosive edge burst and explosion guy in the class and has real strength in his hands...there's a lot to work with there at the next level imo...it wouldn't surprise me if he went in the top 5 top 10 at least and in front of anthony barr who i dont see the same level explosive edge quality from...if i'm looking for a top edge pass rush talent that's the guy in this class for me...

the brandon cooks take is interesting...that kids more quick twitch explosive than his teammate marcus wheaton was last year...a little rich for me though there

zach martin may be one of the 10 best guys in the class but since he projects at guard and it looks like he has somewhat short arms and will be drafted as such i think someone will get a hell of a player further down in round 1...there's no lack of strength there...he's like a fire hydrant...and he turns people in the run game...i'm a big fan of his game...underrated feet and move athlete projects like logan mankins to me...

i'm not that high on timmy jernigan i don't see it like that i'm not sure what i think of taylor lewan still ha ha clinton dix is not a top 20 bpa for me off what i have seen...

i think you are too low on jake mathews...his junior tape at right tackle was probably the best tackle tape i have seen just textbook imo he's the best looking tackle prospect in either of the last 2 classes...just flawless in a lot of ways...so to me straight bpa speaking he's the top player in the class...

i totally agree with bridgewater as the top qb his presnap reads are really good and he can throw with paste and accuracy rolling to his strong or weakside...good feet steps up in the pocket when he needs to should be able to add some good weight and i see high end intangibles there...would like to see him hit some more things from the pocket but again the reads are so good i expect like i do with tannehill that will come in time...imo teddy bridgewater won't beat you with bad decisions and poor reads...pocket qb slight build but his games not to contact so he can have a real shelf life...

trent murphy for me that's too high...i wonder if he's a maxed out guy already and i dont see anything that projects high end as a pro...a guy that can do a lot of things but none of em overly well kinda strikes me as a overachiever...but i want to take a little bit more of a look

anyways keep em coming...
    You should look at a lot of Brandin Cooks tape. Dominates all 3 levels. Threat to score every time he touches the ball, highpoints the ball and will win a lot of 50/50 balls for a player 5'10. Not limited to just a slot receiver because of his height. Big time deep threat. The best route runner in the class. Great hands catcher.

I think Zack Martin is better than recent guards like Zeitler, DeCastro, Cooper, Warmack.

Jernigans really good with his hands separating and disengaging in the run game. The guy just knows how to use leverage and hands to get off blocks.

Jake Matthews clearly best tackle past 2 years. I just have players at other positions rated higher than him overall.

Bridgewater's last grade was because I was worried about his size but I have no doubt he is a franchise quarterback. He is so damn accurate. He's good with his eyes moving safeties and goes through his progression well. He also is pretty good when having to improv.. made a few Manziel type plays in the 1st half against Miami..There's a lot to like. I was just concerned with him being listed 196 on Louisville's roster. He has had a few minor injuries at Louisville and been nicked up already. But I don't see that as a problem. Brady looked like a toothpick in college and still does anyway. Besides that torn acl in 08 he's never missed a start. Houston will take him 100% O'Brien doesn't take that job without taking Bridgewater #1.

Murphy is an edge setter without elite explosion but makes up for it with good snap anticipation. High motor guy that can win the edge with quick hands, walk tackles back with his bull rush.. and counter to the inside. He may not always be a double digit sack guy every year. But he is the right place in the right time pass rusher with a complete game. Kind of like a Rob Ninkovich type player. He has a good arsenal in his pass rush and can play frontside blocks.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jimmy Garoppolo was really close to making this. But I'm not sure if he is a franchise quarterback so I gave him a 2nd round grade
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by futurescout View Post
    Jimmy Garoppolo was really close to making this. But I'm not sure if he is a franchise quarterback so I gave him a 2nd round grade
    Well Flacco proved, if you can play you can play.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Garoppolo has a chance to rise in the Shrine Game/practices and the Senior Bowl/practices
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by futurescout View Post
    Garoppolo has a chance to rise in the Shrine Game/practices and the Senior Bowl/practices
    Looking forward to watching him Saturday, only seen a few cutups.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    any reason you don't have bortles up there?

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmarino110 View Post
    any reason you don't have bortles up there?
    I think he will be a bust.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Manziel is going to be a big time playmaker at the next level. Sure he's going to be a headache off the field at times but I'll be floored if he gets out of the top ten.

Kyle Van Noy is way underrated. Very instinctual three down linebacker. I think he goes top 25.

Trent Murphy will be a real solid pro. Reminds me of Bjorn Werner last year. Does everything, wows you with nothing.

I too believe Mack goes top ten ahead of Barr...

Verrett from TCU is one of the top thirty two players in this draft IMO. The only reason for him to fall is size.

Another guy who has my attention is Richard Rodgers from Cal. I'm not talking top thirty two here but I think he'll work his way up to maybe the second round.

One other thing. Its hard to figure out where David Fales' stock is but thats the QB I'd keep an eye on.
    Quote Quote