Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final Top 32 Big Board 2014

1. -11
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    first off i applaud the fact that you are willing to put it out there and i'm sure you are also willing to defend your rankings if pressed with good insight...

having said that and i havent done as much work as you have but my thoughts are you are too low on khalil mack i think he's the most explosive edge burst and explosion guy in the class and has real strength in his hands...there's a lot to work with there at the next level imo...it wouldn't surprise me if he went in the top 5 top 10 at least and in front of anthony barr who i dont see the same level explosive edge quality from...if i'm looking for a top edge pass rush talent that's the guy in this class for me...

the brandon cooks take is interesting...that kids more quick twitch explosive than his teammate marcus wheaton was last year...a little rich for me though there

zach martin may be one of the 10 best guys in the class but since he projects at guard and it looks like he has somewhat short arms and will be drafted as such i think someone will get a hell of a player further down in round 1...there's no lack of strength there...he's like a fire hydrant...and he turns people in the run game...i'm a big fan of his game...underrated feet and move athlete projects like logan mankins to me...

i'm not that high on timmy jernigan i don't see it like that i'm not sure what i think of taylor lewan still ha ha clinton dix is not a top 20 bpa for me off what i have seen...

i think you are too low on jake mathews...his junior tape at right tackle was probably the best tackle tape i have seen just textbook imo he's the best looking tackle prospect in either of the last 2 classes...just flawless in a lot of ways...so to me straight bpa speaking he's the top player in the class...

i totally agree with bridgewater as the top qb his presnap reads are really good and he can throw with paste and accuracy rolling to his strong or weakside...good feet steps up in the pocket when he needs to should be able to add some good weight and i see high end intangibles there...would like to see him hit some more things from the pocket but again the reads are so good i expect like i do with tannehill that will come in time...imo teddy bridgewater won't beat you with bad decisions and poor reads...pocket qb slight build but his games not to contact so he can have a real shelf life...

trent murphy for me that's too high...i wonder if he's a maxed out guy already and i dont see anything that projects high end as a pro...a guy that can do a lot of things but none of em overly well kinda strikes me as a overachiever...but i want to take a little bit more of a look

anyways keep em coming...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    first off i applaud the fact that you are willing to put it out there and i'm sure you are also willing to defend your rankings if pressed with good insight...

having said that and i havent done as much work as you have but my thoughts are you are too low on khalil mack i think he's the most explosive edge burst and explosion guy in the class and has real strength in his hands...there's a lot to work with there at the next level imo...it wouldn't surprise me if he went in the top 5 top 10 at least and in front of anthony barr who i dont see the same level explosive edge quality from...if i'm looking for a top edge pass rush talent that's the guy in this class for me...

the brandon cooks take is interesting...that kids more quick twitch explosive than his teammate marcus wheaton was last year...a little rich for me though there

zach martin may be one of the 10 best guys in the class but since he projects at guard and it looks like he has somewhat short arms and will be drafted as such i think someone will get a hell of a player further down in round 1...there's no lack of strength there...he's like a fire hydrant...and he turns people in the run game...i'm a big fan of his game...underrated feet and move athlete projects like logan mankins to me...

i'm not that high on timmy jernigan i don't see it like that i'm not sure what i think of taylor lewan still ha ha clinton dix is not a top 20 bpa for me off what i have seen...

i think you are too low on jake mathews...his junior tape at right tackle was probably the best tackle tape i have seen just textbook imo he's the best looking tackle prospect in either of the last 2 classes...just flawless in a lot of ways...so to me straight bpa speaking he's the top player in the class...

i totally agree with bridgewater as the top qb his presnap reads are really good and he can throw with paste and accuracy rolling to his strong or weakside...good feet steps up in the pocket when he needs to should be able to add some good weight and i see high end intangibles there...would like to see him hit some more things from the pocket but again the reads are so good i expect like i do with tannehill that will come in time...imo teddy bridgewater won't beat you with bad decisions and poor reads...pocket qb slight build but his games not to contact so he can have a real shelf life...

trent murphy for me that's too high...i wonder if he's a maxed out guy already and i dont see anything that projects high end as a pro...a guy that can do a lot of things but none of em overly well kinda strikes me as a overachiever...but i want to take a little bit more of a look

anyways keep em coming...
    Agree with literally all of that except for Jake Mathews. He's a technician but I like where he is here, he doesn't blow me away. He's a very safe pick, not top 3 talent for me tho. Martin would be a great get in Miami. The beauty of Mack is I could literally see him work at any LBer spot in any system. I still think his best fit is in a 4-3 but the flexibility is endless. Haven't look at Cooks, need to watch Jerrigan more.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

3. -13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheBeard View Post
    Agree with literally all of that except for Jake Mathews. He's a technician but I like where he is here, he doesn't blow me away. He's a very safe pick, not top 3 talent for me tho. Martin would be a great get in Miami. The beauty of Mack is I could literally see him work at any LBer spot in any system. I still think his best fit is in a 4-3 but the flexibility is endless. Haven't look at Cooks, need to watch Jerrigan more.
    that's just it jake mathews is not gonna just wow you with athleticism or shred the combine but his technique his footwork his hand placement and use his knee bend and lateral agility is pretty much flawless...and he's got the mathews pedigree to boot...i run the damn card up i don't care if over the long term he may project more to the right side...as far as i'm concerned he can play swing tackle if the other starting guy got hurt...

it was obvious last year that he was better than his left tackle starting counterpart who got drafted top 3...
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    that's just it jake mathews is not gonna just wow you with athleticism or shred the combine but his technique his footwork his hand placement and use is pretty much flawless...and he's got the mathews pedigree to boot...i run the damn card up i don't care if over the long term he may project more to the right side...as far as i'm concerned he can play swing tackle if the other starting guy got hurt...

it was obvious last year that he was better than his left tackle starting counterpart who got drafted top 3...
    I agree, top tackle in the draft last year. Didn't like any of the top 3 last year. Funny enough tho I was big on Menelik Watson.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree, top tackle in the draft last year. Didn't like any of the top 3 last year. Funny enough tho I was big on Menelik Watson.
    i'd keep that one to yourself
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think he'd be great in the hybrid 3-4 that so many teams dial up. His best position is definitely 3-4 DE, but I think he could line up outside the RT in certain situations, I see a little Greg Hardy in him.

And ya I'm definitely being a little hard on Tuitt, gonna watch him a bit more. Right now a round 2 grade.
    Tuitt played well against USC this year but if you back and look at his 2012 tape you will see the explosion he had then.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I join hoops in applauding the choice to put it out there.

That is a downgrade from your previous listing of Derek Carr and I think this one is more realistic. Conferences that are inept in pass defense invariably allow quarterbacks to thrive on garbage short throws and bubble screens, which inflates perception immensely. When the defense overreacts to those plays, it allows cheapie out and up deep throws. Consequently everything is less than it seems. That was partially true of Robert Griffin in the Big 12 and I think it holds with Carr. He's not good under pressure, from what I've seen, and he'll wing it flatfooted into coverage without concern. Hard to believe he won't have high interception numbers.

Bridgewater should be the top pick in this group. I love Clowney and I'm high on Manziel but Bridgewater's skill set and body of work will more often than not equate to the number one difference maker, IMO.

I actually like your lower rating of Khalil Mack. I was going to comment on that. I've seen him top 5 to top 10 and I think that's too rich. That conference is very weak. I love to oppose them in bowl games. He wasn't a highly rated guy out of high school which makes me question his true upside. I think he'll be very good but not the freak that some are projecting.

Van Noy should be in there. I saw enough last season...awesome instincts. 2013 means nothing , just like the most recent tape often means nothing.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    i'd keep that one to yourself
    He wasn't my top tackle! Guy moved so well at the second level, thought he would've been a great fit for us considering the Raiders used our pick to draft him. Lets see how he looks when he's healthy next year! Plus so far Lane ain't looking so good for ya! that's the draft for ya.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He wasn't my top tackle! Guy moved so well at the second level, thought he would've been a great fit for us considering the Raiders used our pick to draft him. Lets see how he looks when he's healthy next year! Plus so far Lane ain't looking so good for ya! that's the draft for ya.
    lane johnson will be fine...menelik watson needed a year in an nfl weight room before you put him on the field anyways...
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    lane johnson will be fine...menelik watson needed a year in an nfl weight room before you put him on the field anyways...
    He was extremely raw, injury didn't help. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on him, maybe turn into a Joe Barksdale.
    Quote Quote