Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Kiper suggests Phins interested in AJ McCarron

1. -71
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would take McCarron's girlfriend over him.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by futurescout View Post
    He's got a really talented arm. But the whole "Ivy League Football" really scares me. I was looking forward to seeing him at the Shrine Game Practices but I had to decline my credentials because of school. I haven't read up on the shrine practices, but I plan to today.
    What I've read is Garoppolo didn't measure to his height, Mathews seemed almost a head taller, they're both listed at 6'3" or 4. If you consider Mathews is probably a 3rd day guy the Ivy League football issue doesn't bother me so much.
    Failure isn't fatal. Failure to change might be. - John Wooden
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you're going to draft a QB, draft Aaron Murray in the later rounds. I'd be okay with that.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    would prefer blake bortles if he slips...if he ever left the top 5 we should move up for him...dude has a brain, something I wonder about with our current QB

Quote Quote  

5. -75
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Well of course I am. I like QBs who win big games and are clutch. But, this was a Kiper quote, not mine.
    Steve Walsh, Gino Torreta, Chris Leak, Jesse Palmer, Josh Heupel, Eric Crouch, Tim Tebow etc etc etc.
    All of these QBs were surrounded by exceptional college talent.
    No thanks to McCarron, unless its 6th rd or later.
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    McCarron is fine until he's pressured. He drops his eye level and becomes fixated on the rush instead of having his eyes downfield. Never was this more evident than the last game of his career against Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl. He'll even feel phantom pressure that isn't there if he's not throwing in rhythm.

He doesn't escape the pocket to extend plays because he's merely average athletically. His first instinct when feeling pressure or thrown off his rhythm is to throw it in the 3rd row of the stadium... which is fine if you want a game manager. That's exactly what he is. McCarron's best quality physically is his arm... and it's not exceptional. Even Kevin Norwood misjudged a deep ball from Derek Carr in the Senior Bowl because McCarron usually underthrows that exact route.

Long story short, A.J. may very well go in the first 3 rounds... but I think it's too high. I think he's 4th round talent based on his body of work and semi-NFL caliber arm, and the fact that the NFL is a QB friendly league.

David Fales, Garropolo, Derek Carr, Aaron Murray, and Zach Mettenberger are all a good notch above McCarron as an NFL prospect among the Senior class in my opinion.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Impact Wrestling > WWE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins28 View Post
    I prefer McCarron over Bustziel
    McCarron, Murray, Mettenberger, & Connor Shaw were the 4 best QB in the SEC last yr.

Even, Nick Marshall > a certain Joseph Gordon-Levitt look alike.
    Winning without ethics is not winning at all - Don Shula.

Quote Quote  

8. -78
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    McCarron has virtually zero indicators of future elite talent. I see zero point in drafting a kid whose ceiling is lower than the floor of your starting QB. If that's how high we are aiming as a team then it's no wonder we're an 8-8 team.

Better to take a chance on a guy who might turn into something special. Fales is intriguing, though I wouldn't draft a QB that high this year. 2 guys I like a lot (and I might be tempted to get both) are Brett Smith of Wisconsin and Casey Pachall of TCU. Smith will be a mid-rounder but with a huge upside and Pachall probably a UDFA, after his drug issues and patchy performances when he came back. But the talent is there and a rookie minimum PS slot is a pretty cheap price to find out how much talent.

Matt Moore would be my first cut of the offseason.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I haven't heard Smith to be that high a pick. Third rd seems to be where I've seen him top out. I could see Smith or Jeff Mathews of Cornell getting taken as a backup/project.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah his kryptonite is how he handles pressure...very poorly...oklahoma game a perfect example of just that...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote