Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mock draft attempt #1.

1. -11
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudder1310 View Post
    So...what are you even doing responding here? No one is making you participate in something you abandoned 30 years ago.
    Apparently, long-winded, rambling responses to threads he's not interested in are an ideal use of space.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Apparently, long-winded, rambling responses to threads he's not interested in are an ideal use of space.
    Hey, if he's got time, I have time.
    Failure isn't fatal. Failure to change might be. - John Wooden
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think Awsi was being a dick. I think he was saying that rather than guessing who might or might not be there at a given spot, specific player analysis suggests where you'd be interested in drafting them and encourages better discussion. I agree with him, but I don't mind mocks.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pryor is an interesting prospect. I like him a lot, especially in run support. I think Hill might be the best back in the draft. Don't know enough about his blocking, but he is quick and powerful. I like Gabe Jackson, but not sure he would fit Miami's ZBS very well. Hurst in the 5th would be a steal. I think he goes earlier.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JWA View Post
    I agree we need a safety, but I don't know about 1st round. I think 1st pick should be lineman. If you believe the guys from NFL network, who are covering the senior bowl, Zack Martin is now a top 20 pick. Why not him? or Timmy Jurnigan who elevated his stock during the national title game? For safety, Pryor could go in rd #1 and won't be there when we pick in round 2. We could trade down in the 1st and should still be able to get him. If not Dion Bailey could be available in round 2. I love the Jackson pick if Bailey is gone. Either Jackson or the guard from UCLA. One of those three in round 2 would make my day. Not a big Hill fan. Should have stayed in school. Federowitcz would be a good 3rd round pick. Morgan Moses or Daniel McCullers might be available, although McCullers is playing himself into the 2nd round. If Carlos Hyde is still there in round 3, do what you gotta do. Quarles has played himself into day 3 and would be a great 4th round pick. Keith McGill, a db from Utah would make a great 4th rounder also. I really like James Hurst, but a team like San Francisco will draft players like him and Aaron Colvin with their extra 2nd and 3rd round picks and stash them for a year, just like they did with Lattimore. That's one reason why they are always competitive Lyerla is a good 7th round gamble. We could take a TE in round 5 if we don't take one earlier.
    San Francisco definitely has the luxury of taking more chances on players simply because they are loaded with talent. It's a nice situation to be in. I agree with you on Zach Martin. I think he would be a perfect fit for the Dolphins, giving them some versatility as well as a talented player. I also like the guard from Stanford, David Yankey. But, Martin has that ability to play tackle as well.

As far as running backs go, I would like Miami to get Toby Gerhart in free agency or maybe draft a late rounder like James Wilder Jr. who I think has as much talent as the top guys being discussed.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    I love Hill, but if his character causes him to fall all the way to the 3rd, I don't think we'd be interested. I don't think it will. I think he'll probably go in the 1st.
    if miami filled the oline issues in free agency and took hill at #19 to replace daniel thomas and make lamar miller the change of pace back i wouldn't have a problem with it...his awareness in pass pro needs to get better but as far as i'm concerned that's a first round worthy rb talent...jeremy hill is legit imo a top 20 bpa...1st round grade for me
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    if miami filled the oline issues in free agency and took hill at #19 to replace daniel thomas and make lamar miller the change of pace back i wouldn't have a problem with it...his awareness in pass pro needs to get better but as far as i'm concerned that's a first round worthy rb talent...jeremy hill is legit imo a top 20 bpa...1st round grade for me
    How do we always have so many holes to fill? It's crazy. I agree. The O-line is the most pressing issue, but if you combo FA and the dept of this O-line group, I think it's doable. Giving Tannehill a legit running game would go a long way. I agree that Hill is top 20 BPA. Also, with Hill, there is such a severe drop off after him. None of the other RB's in this class scream bell cow. If we miss out on Hill, I'd look for a late-round guy, bring in a stop-gap FA, and look to the next class for my RB of the future.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    I'm your huckleberry

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't think Hill is even a consideration given his off the field issues.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebo View Post
    Don't think Hill is even a consideration given his off the field issues.
    He's too good to not consider. If you investigate his character and find him untrustworthy, that's one thing, but you have to consider him.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Someone will give him and Lyerla a chance. Talent is too tempting. I've seen Hill mocked from 1st rd to 4th, the one on one interviews will cull that down.
    Quote Quote