Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Senior Bowl 2014: Weigh-In Results

1. -21
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    McGill?
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Too high to fail

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice, I can't watch any of the practices so appreciate that. As my girl Shakira says, hips don't lie
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tl77 View Post
    Nice, I can't watch any of the practices so appreciate that. As my girl Shakira says, hips don't lie
    we'll see tomorrow but i have a feeling those stiff hips will still be there...thats a big damn corner...i would be concerned with quick twitch explosion and cod...32 inch arms too...will be interesting to see what his bench number is...if it's in the 20's he could physically maul guys at the los and redirect em...

but off what we have seen with coyle i don't see it as a fit...i'm looking for guys with good awareness and even some route recognition good in off coverages solid ball skills fluid hips and cod can put their foot in the ground and fire forward to the ball good feet no wasted movements etc...like brent grimes but preferably in a little larger package...

is miami in the corner market though with davis and taylor waiting their turn??? i doubt it...unless we get robbed in free agency at the position
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Too high to fail

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    is miami in the corner market though with davis and taylor waiting their turn??? i doubt it...unless we get robbed in free agency at the position
    That's what I was gonna ask too. I guess it'll all depend on who the GM is and what he sees in Taylor/Davis. Maybe he liked them as well coming out or he thought they weren't as good as Ireland did. I personally like Taylor and hope he stays healthy through camp to show us what he's got. I'm not sold on Davis, wasn't when we drafted him. If he does want to upgrade, could see a mid rnd pick on a db. I'm gonna comb through some of those mid rounders and see what pops out.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tl77 View Post
    That's what I was gonna ask too. I guess it'll all depend on who the GM is and what he sees in Taylor/Davis. Maybe he liked them as well coming out or he thought they weren't as good as Ireland did. I personally like Taylor and hope he stays healthy through camp to show us what he's got. I'm not sold on Davis, wasn't when we drafted him. If he does want to upgrade, could see a mid rnd pick on a db. I'm gonna comb through some of those mid rounders and see what pops out.
    my guess would be if they do use a pick on a corner it would be with the thought process of upgrading the slot...but this whole thing could be fluid if we lose a few guys this offseason in free agency cuts etc

the one good thing i will say is davis and taylor looked best to me in off coverages in college...although davis has never done anything for me...taylors got some nice physical tools and good strength...big camp for both these guys i'd say...davis has to come in stronger so he can get his hands on guys and use them more to hide his long speed a little and his poor tackling...otherwise he will always wear a target
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Martin could play tackle, I havnt seen his arm size holding him back, and lucky for us, we need a guard anyway, he would be a complete monster there. I'm all for drafting him.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Captain Wine Cooler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Aaron Donald flat out dominated Cyril Richardson. I've seen that guy compared to Geno Atkins...

McGill is going to get a lot of attention with that length. Its a copycat league and more teams are going to copy what the Seahawks look for in a cornerback.

Logan Thomas ... I'd like to see him move back to tight end.

I heard the NFLN guys talking about Zack Martin too. No harm to try him out at tackle, but he'll be a pro bowl guard.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looking at the list makes you realise how poor the senior class is compared to the quality of the underclassmen. It'll be a big draft this year, a lot of guys with only a year or two of play in the bank, so plenty of buyer beware.

On the other hand, next season none of these stellar underclassmen will be there, so you better load up this year. Evaluators are going to earn their corn this offseason.

I like Aaron Donald a lot and I'm pleasantly surprised to see his measurements coming out where they did. I was expecting him to be smaller. He's now a contender in Round 1.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    Looking at the list makes you realise how poor the senior class is compared to the quality of the underclassmen. It'll be a big draft this year, a lot of guys with only a year or two of play in the bank, so plenty of buyer beware.

On the other hand, next season none of these stellar underclassmen will be there, so you better load up this year. Evaluators are going to earn their corn this offseason.

I like Aaron Donald a lot and I'm pleasantly surprised to see his measurements coming out where they did. I was expecting him to be smaller. He's now a contender in Round 1.
    I'm not very concerned by Donald's lack of size at the next level. As long as they don't ask him to be a 2-gap player (highly unlikely), I think he'll continue to be a great. I like the Geno Atkins comparisons. If i'm a team looking for a 3 that plays in the backfield, he'd be at the top of that list.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by futurescout View Post
    Coincidentally I have Martin as the #19 rated player in this draft. I have mentioned a few times in other threads players I would like to see picked over him, but it be a good value pick and fill a need at the same time. I think Martin should be a starting Left Guard, and if a teams Left Tackle goes down bump him to the outside and have him fill in there.
    Yeah, I think he's a good fit. You don't necessarily want him to play LT, but I think he could hold his own there. That's valuable. I woudn't mind him at #19.
    Quote Quote