Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Senior Bowl 2014: Weigh-In Results

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Coincidentally I have Martin as the #19 rated player in this draft. I have mentioned a few times in other threads players I would like to see picked over him, but it be a good value pick and fill a need at the same time. I think Martin should be a starting Left Guard, and if a teams Left Tackle goes down bump him to the outside and have him fill in there.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by futurescout View Post
    How so?
    Check your inbox.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The higher rated quarterbacks in that game have small hands, particularly compared to flawed types like Logan Thomas and Stephen Morris.

I've heard that Johnny Manziel has abnormally large hands but I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

I was a bit disappointed that Aaron Donald checked in below 32 inch arms, not ideal for an inside battler. He'll be downgraded some but I think he'll produce.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Too high to fail

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    will sutton at 315 is 30 lbs overweight...get back to 285 son
    Reports from practice today were discouraging. Slow & lethargic was used to best describe him out there.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wouldn't surprise me if manziel has large hands he wears 15 size shoes they look like clown shoes on his feet...

i didnt see anything that interested me in the one on one wr db drills on the tv broadcast at least...the herron kid made some plays but i have no interest in a wr that's under 5 ft 9...he was quick twitch...only one look but not an interesting guy for me anywhere in those two units...

they sure talked up hageman a ton...i think he's a 34 de more than a 43 dt...

i cant stand how much talking they do with teams gms etc like i give a rip what thomas dimitrov has to say...show me some one on ones etc...frustrating

one last thing i will say is why not burn a 4th round or even 3rd round pick on logan thomas and hope that you can develop him and coach him up...makes sense to me instead of some of those other qbs air mailing every route they threw...not for miami mind you

full pads tomorrow always a more true evaluation opportunity...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know about 4th round for Thomas. I guess, depending on what's left on the board, if there is not much talent left at some point he becomes a legit option. My concern with Thomas is what everyone has, he was not a winner like Kaep, Wilson, Newton, RG3, and he is not a good pocket passer/decision maker. My favorite late QB for a project is Tom Savage.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As far as DTs, I like Hageman. I am warming up to Deandre Coleman as well, even Will Clarke. I like the explosiveness of Donald, and motor of Anthony Johnson and Easley. But I like that Hageman and Coleman play with hands in the air to redirect passes. I am partial to that.

I am looking forward to hear more about Barrow. I think he is a playmaker, I like his smarts, athleticism in coverage, angles.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    no doubt logan thomas tape is ugly the last few years...so if someone said hoops your nuts i wouldn't blame you...im just saying instead of taking some mid level at best career guy who you know can't get you over the hump take a shot with a later round pick and see if you can develop him and coach him up...

if i needed a qb and i didnt like the options otherwise or i couldnt get the one that i wanted i'd throw a bone at him later on provided the owner understood that i was not hanging myself over it...the physical skill set is well worth it
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Too high to fail

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    no doubt logan thomas tape is ugly the last few years...so if someone said hoops your nuts i wouldn't blame you...im just saying instead of taking some mid level at best career guy who you know can't get you over the hump take a shot with a later round pick and see if you can develop him and coach him up...

if i needed a qb and i didnt like the options otherwise or i couldnt get the one that i wanted i'd throw a bone at him later on provided the owner understood that i was not hanging myself over it...the physical skill set is well worth it
    I agree. As a late round qb, I'd definitely take him and see how he improves.

Hoops, what do you think/know about Stanley Jean Baptiste DB from Nebraska. I know a lot of people are trying to throw the R Sherman comparison cause of his size. He's a wr convert and has a knack for finding the ball. Seems like recognition and just lack of experience could hurt him. Would need a good db coach in the NFL to get him playing at a high level. Most places I've checked have him going rnd 3
    Quote Quote  

10. -20

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tl77 View Post
    I agree. As a late round qb, I'd definitely take him and see how he improves.

Hoops, what do you think/know about Stanley Jean Baptiste DB from Nebraska. I know a lot of people are trying to throw the R Sherman comparison cause of his size. He's a wr convert and has a knack for finding the ball. Seems like recognition and just lack of experience could hurt him. Would need a good db coach in the NFL to get him playing at a high level. Most places I've checked have him going rnd 3
    he almost fell down when a wr made a cut on him in off coverage...hips very stiff on that rep...i think mayock got it right press man guy...not a fit for our scheme hips wise...i'd expect him to fare better in press reps the rest of the week...not that any of those wrs showed much either
    Quote Quote