Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Saying "Thug" is now racist.

  1. -11
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    12,182
    vCash:
    9417
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,714
    vCash:
    12931
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Obama and his thugs...Reid and his gangsta's...Pelosi and her rotting p.uss.y...
    Come and get me..



    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    The Devin Townsend Project: Kingdom (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZjziohaPc
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,476
    vCash:
    9196
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,476
    vCash:
    9196
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post


    http://www.geekwire.com/2014/good-ti...ent-beats-dre/


    Spot on dude. I think we all just got taken for a ride. Good marketing, but a total disservice to what's considered racism and race relations.
    I'm not even sure I follow. You're saying that because he's asked about being a thug in the commercial that was shot before the game, he purposefully went off in his post-game interview in full anticipation that he'd be called a thug 625 times on national television the day after the game, and God knows how many times on the internet and around the country? If that is the case, isn't that an even worse indictment on white-America that they could so successfully anticipate it's reaction? Furthermore, how does a 'contrived' discussion on race-relations help sell head phones?

    I'm not quite understanding the master scheme by the brilliant people at Beats by Dre, so would you mind laying it out for me?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    D0lphan72's Avatar
    Hokies class of 2016

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2009
    Posts:
    1,937
    vCash:
    2792
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ford LogoDolphins HomerTannehill 17Snakes!Xbox Logo
    There are a lot of people, especially those from a rich white area. That would think 'black male' when they hear the word "thug" as sad as that is. Especially with Tupac and the whole "Thug Life" charade. Thug has nothing to do with ones race, it's completely directed towards ones attitude and actions.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    finomenal's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    2,908
    vCash:
    4466
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post




    http://www.geekwire.com/2014/good-ti...ent-beats-dre/


    Spot on dude. I think we all just got taken for a ride. Good marketing, but a total disservice to what's considered racism and race relations.
    Do a Twitter search of Richard Sherman n...... well, you know the rest. Look at that and tell me that it's been a disservice. That's just one small example:

    http://deadspin.com/dumb-people-say-...erm-1504843629



    Lol don't mess with Richard Sherman, he will go bananas. Guys a fricken jungle monkey.

    — Zack Grenon (@g_g_g_grenon71) January 20, 2014



    Richard Sherman's an ignorant ape

    — GC (@TropicanaCEO_15) January 20, 2014


    Someone put Richard Sherman in an animal hospital because he is a gorilla #noracismintented

    — Michael Mortellito (@mmortellito) January 20, 2014



    Richard Sherman= typical (N WORD REMOVED TO COMPLY WITH TOS) #douchebag

    — Travis Ozegovich (@TravisOzegovich) January 20, 2014



    Richard Sherman is a _____, f that.

    — Rob Falotico (@Robadob561) January 20, 2014



    every italian 100% hates sherman just because of that interview after the game..typical gorilla (N WORD REMOVED TO COMPLY WITH TOS) @RSherman_25

    — dominick santaniello (@domsantaniello) January 20, 2014




    etcetera, etcetera, etcetera....
    #freespesh

    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,147
    vCash:
    7569
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    I'm not even sure I follow. You're saying that because he's asked about being a thug in the commercial that was shot before the game, he purposefully went off in his post-game interview in full anticipation that he'd be called a thug 625 times on national television the day after the game, and God knows how many times on the internet and around the country? If that is the case, isn't that an even worse indictment on white-America that they could so successfully anticipate it's reaction? Furthermore, how does a 'contrived' discussion on race-relations help sell head phones?

    I'm not quite understanding the master scheme by the brilliant people at Beats by Dre, so would you mind laying it out for me?

    Point being is that if "thug" is so racist and the new "N-word" like Sherman proclaimed it is. Then he sure as hell had no problem using that word to sell his head phones. Seems to me it wasn't that big a deal to him when it comes to selling his product. I wouldn't be surprised at all if many of the "thug" comments were plants to hype up this commercial and product.





    "Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,147
    vCash:
    7569
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finomenal View Post
    Do a Twitter search of Richard Sherman n...... well, you know the rest. Look at that and tell me that it's been a disservice. That's just one small example:

    http://deadspin.com/dumb-people-say-...erm-1504843629



    Lol don't mess with Richard Sherman, he will go bananas. Guys a fricken jungle monkey.

    — Zack Grenon (@g_g_g_grenon71) January 20, 2014



    Richard Sherman's an ignorant ape

    — GC (@TropicanaCEO_15) January 20, 2014


    Someone put Richard Sherman in an animal hospital because he is a gorilla #noracismintented

    — Michael Mortellito (@mmortellito) January 20, 2014



    Richard Sherman= typical (N WORD REMOVED TO COMPLY WITH TOS) #douchebag

    — Travis Ozegovich (@TravisOzegovich) January 20, 2014



    Richard Sherman is a _____, f that.

    — Rob Falotico (@Robadob561) January 20, 2014



    every italian 100% hates sherman just because of that interview after the game..typical gorilla (N WORD REMOVED TO COMPLY WITH TOS) @RSherman_25

    — dominick santaniello (@domsantaniello) January 20, 2014




    etcetera, etcetera, etcetera....

    Now that is actually racist. Calling him a thug isn't. The internet is full of racist trolls. Always has been.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,147
    vCash:
    7569
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by D0lphan72 View Post
    There are a lot of people, especially those from a rich white area. That would think 'black male' when they hear the word "thug" as sad as that is. Especially with Tupac and the whole "Thug Life" charade. Thug has nothing to do with ones race, it's completely directed towards ones attitude and actions.
    Hip Hop is to blame for "Thug" being associated with blacks more than any other race. It's been glamorized and became a term of popularity and a status symbol.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,147
    vCash:
    7569
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post

    It's the thuggish ruggish bone.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Merged: Mauia "Thug" or "Superhero"?
    By hugoguzman in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 07:04 PM
  2. Joey Porter - "Thug and Hoodlum"?
    By Stringer Bell in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 01:05 PM
  3. What do you think of Rosie O'Donnel's "Racist Slur"?
    By SkapePhin in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-13-2006, 10:48 AM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-18-2006, 05:01 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-08-2003, 03:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •